• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Almost out of Norco

rexburg1948

Greenlighter
New member here.
I need quick advice. Ive been taking 50 milligrams Norco 5/325 daily for ten days straight. around 15 milligrams three times a day.
I have four left today. How do I get thru the inevitable crash.
Please excuse any mistakes in this post. Its my first post.
TY,
Rod...

TY so much! They didn't have the red strain. I could only buy Clarity Kratom capsules.

Any kratom will work in practice, good luck, it should cover most of the withdrawal from the doses of hydrocodone you mentioned.

Note that it is not a free pass, meaning that kratom is just a bandaid and is addictive itself. It may also raise your tolerance to hydrocodone.

Damn that’s a lot of Tylenol a day becareful . Like others said Kratom should cover it!

I'd be careful with kratom. Just do a search on here and see the withdrawls some have had.

Honestly, with your dose and length of use I'd just tough it out.

It probably won't be too bad if it's just been a week, unless you have prior dependence to opiates. kratom is an opioid plant that will pretty much deal with your withdrawals, if you have any. However as others have mentioned, it is itself addictive so you might end up switching one addiction for another. If you just use the kratom for a few days to get past the worst, you'll be fine though.

Also, in the future, you should not take that many pain pills for very long, without filtering out the acetaminophen (tylenol). It's pretty toxic for your liver in high doses. Doing it for a week here and there isn't going to hurt you too much, but if you ever find yourself chronically addicted to pain pills, you should start doing cold water extractions to filter out the acetaminophen. Chronic pill addicts can and do develop serious liver disease and thousands of people die every year from it. To do a cold water extraction, get a glass of cold water and crush up the pills, stir it up real good for a bit, then let it sit until the white powder has settled to the bottom. The hydrocodone/opioids will be dissolved in the clear water portion, and the stuff you don't want will settle on the bottom. Then you can pour off the clear layer and drink it. You can use a coffee filter to pour the white part through so you can get the rest of the liquid and still leave behind the acetaminophen.

TY to all who replied about my post.
Im on my eighteenth hour no Norco. Taking Kratom every six hours, four capsules. So far it's really working great.
No noticeable withdrawal symptoms at all. As for getting hooked on Kratom? I don't think it's possible if I only take it for three days.
Thanks again.
Rod...
PS....." Negrogesic" TY for the advice. Also "Xorkoth" TY for the filtering knowledge... I do like a Norco cocktails for a week its fun..

It probably won't be too bad if it's just been a week, unless you have prior dependence to opiates. kratom is an opioid plant that will pretty much deal with your withdrawals, if you have any. However as others have mentioned, it is itself addictive so you might end up switching one addiction for another. If you just use the kratom for a few days to get past the worst, you'll be fine though.

Also, in the future, you should not take that many pain pills for very long, without filtering out the acetaminophen (tylenol). It's pretty toxic for your liver in high doses. Doing it for a week here and there isn't going to hurt you too much, but if you ever find yourself chronically addicted to pain pills, you should start doing cold water extractions to filter out the acetaminophen. Chronic pill addicts can and do develop serious liver disease and thousands of people die every year from it. To do a cold water extraction, get a glass of cold water and crush up the pills, stir it up real good for a bit, then let it sit until the white powder has settled to the bottom. The hydrocodone/opioids will be dissolved in the clear water portion, and the stuff you don't want will settle on the bottom. Then you can pour off the clear layer and drink it. You can use a coffee filter to pour the white part through so you can get the rest of the liquid and still leave behind the acetaminophen.
Could you use a cotton ball to filter from a spoon for an IM shot?

Absolutely not, IM injection is actually more dangerous than IV without using wheel filters and sterile water. The risk of abscess is high, if any foreign material is injected into you, and that includes tiny particles that you won'[t even be able to notice with the naked eye.

Could you use a cotton ball to filter from a spoon for an IM shot?
IM injections are best for pharmaceutical grade drugs ,
I had an ex that couldn’t fix herself if I wasn’t around so I’d leave a loaded needle with heroin that she would stick in her thigh , I was pretty clean in preparing things back then and she never got an infection from it but I did get a few abscess in my life , if you do IM injections just know that an infection will probably need to be drained and may leave a scar

Kratom sounds like your best bet I would look for some online where are you going that only has one option a gas ⛽ station?

If you only take it for a few days you'll be good, but it'll be really tempting to keep taking it if you're still not feeling 100% so be careful of that.
Ya without a dosing schedule and days off it can spiral into a new dependency

IM injections are best for pharmaceutical grade drugs ,
I had an ex that couldn’t fix herself if I wasn’t around so I’d leave a loaded needle with heroin that she would stick in her thigh , I was pretty clean in preparing things back then and she never got an infection from it but I did get a few abscess in my life , if you do IM injections just know that an infection will probably need to be drained and may leave a scar
Ouch hope you don't have to go there!

Keep us updated!! How did it go? Did you stop the kratom after 3 days? Did you experience withdrawal at that point?

Keep us updated!! How did it go? Did you stop the kratom after 3 days? Did you experience withdrawal at that point?
I started out taking four x 3 times a day. I am now down to 2 x once per day. I must admit they took the edge off big time. I only had about 20% of my usual withdrawals.I will take 1 once tomorrow then quit.
My refill for the Norco is two weeks out. I will take the advice given and slow down on Norco. Also will do the water trick.
TY.