Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Almost an addict

Factin

Bluelighter
Hello, I just want to share my story of addiction, how I came to this addictions.

I'm an addict for 3 years on all sort of drugs (coke, weed, meth and heroin). I admit that i'ts very difficult to live a life like this but I make this so that I must suffer the consequences. I almost lost my life, my family and my friends, ill always push them away. They are always concerned with me, they push me to change my life and said that it is not too late for me to change. Last time I almost near to death because I take too much drugs and my body cannot able to take it. And when I was awake, I was on the hospital with my family. I cried and that was the time that make me realize that i have to change my life.

I'm thinking to undergo on a rehab now. and i want to take this chance and permission, can i post this? http://sanbernardino.drugalcoholrehabprogram.org/
Sorry but please tell me if I'm in the wrong ground to post this. I found that site through my searching, and just want to gather some suggestions from the others because I'm not really sure if i'm in the right track of my recovery. And kindly delete if it is prohibited.

I feel for ya man <3 Good luck with the rehab, I've been there to get off benzo's - was 99% a physical addiction rather than a psychological one (I used to self-medicate, not recreationally - withdrawals were just too tough and protracted to suffer while trying to maintain my job, life, night's rest, sanity etc) but I learned a lot there about my drug abuse in general and I really got much better there. I did have general addiction problems and still do, but I have managed ever since (has been 2 years).
Do a lot of soul searching, you wouldn't be doing any good going there for anyone except your own although external motivations can be helpful support. It was very hard for me but also very good.

This probably fits well in the TDS (the dark side) forum, you aren't reporting a trip. :) Surely we are understanding though, just expect the thread to be moved somewhere else...

IMO it is probably reasonable to first quit one drug before you quit another, otherwise it might be a little much. First get the withdrawals from opiates out of the way, they really mess with you and are bound to make it harder to make tough decisions (not to use) because your body is sending such strong signals.

yeah Factin, you should post in The dark Side to get some good advice and good vides to help you cope with your problem.
I hope I'll never endure and addiction and I don't really know what it's like, but I'm sure it's a hard life - though I'm 100% sure that with a lot of hard work and will (and maybe the help of a rehab) you'll get through this situation.
good luck my friend :)