Site Feedback All posts (and started threads) by Pontifex01 have gone

knock

Bluelighter
As per title. He had a fairly high post count, at least several thousand, and his posts disappeared overnight. It seems unlikely (although not impossible, with appropriate drugs) that a member would have the dedication to delete so many posts in one sitting, as it's not something the forum software makes particularly easy. Nor was there any indication from Ponti that such an event was on the cards.

Further, as a moderator I can normally detect deleted posts but I cannot detect any of Ponti's.

Is it possible to check whether this was a deliberate action or maybe there's been a glitch in the software somewhere?

Thanks.

we're considering offering perks such as this (removal of all posts, renaming the account, etc.) as a thank you for those who make a donation.

this user approached me and asked me if we could delete all his posts. i used it as a test case for working through the process to see what issues might arise. i removed his posts per his request.

alasdair

we're currently considering that. what do you feel would be appropriate?

alasdair

Can you develop a script to remove 'alasdair' from the end of all your posts and commit to ceasing this irritating habit, I'm sure I could rasie a fair number of donations.....what's your price big man :D

part of the process should be that started threads are not deleted but re-owned by the second poster. It is insane that thread starters should have full control over a thread that may have 999 posts not by them.

^This, or we'd lose loads of helpful threads (Edit: Depending on the thread actually, or t might fuck up the point of nuking the accoutn in the first place if theres a sensitive topic that gets kept)

And also £10 seems fair to me depending on how hard it is to do, maybe £5 if its the click of a button kind of thing.

yeah you should have considered this first or asked your mods, ali, you penis cock knob tube fanny dafty!

Last edited:
Seems like the test failed anyway (we saw the issues first hand), I doubt this will come into fruition.

I've nothing else to say other than I really hope he's alright & well and that he gets in touch with someone quick-sharp so we can atleast know how he's doing!
I didn't notice he wasn't about, but I guess I've not been around a lot ( / enough) of late. Anyhoo - Please update on his well being those who may know <3

You could keep the opening post in the thread but just have it be anonymous and not display the name. As far as the name changing thing and other perks... It could run similar to other forums. $10 dollars gets you a year membership, $25 a lifetime membership, etc. If you guys came up with something really cool and desirable that you could only access if you donated, you'd probably be able to rake in a lot more money...However, it would be difficult to do this and maintain the identity of Bluelight as an HR site that serves as a free, collective, public service that's available to everyone.

I'm not personally big into online chit-chat, but that would obviously be the "big one" as far as perks go for a large number of members. I guess BL doesn't want to be even indirectly responsible by being a conduit for people to engage in any "questionable" behavior, which is no easy task when you have a forum that by it's very nature connects drug users all over the world to one another. Although, it's hard for me to imagine there being any legal liability for BL if "something bad" was to happen in the real world as a result of people meeting on a web forum. Maybe it's more of an ethical issue than a legal one, IDK...

we're currently considering that. what do you feel would be appropriate?

alasdair

Your communication with the Moderators like Knock who have to clean up this mess leaves much to be desired .

brimz

Oh don't worry the mess will be left to fester and rot :D

I would also donate for a name change, but got told that wouldn't happen 8(

You could keep the opening post in the thread but just have it be anonymous and not display the name. As far as the name changing thing and other perks... It could run similar to other forums. $10 dollars gets you a year membership, $25 a lifetime membership, etc. If you guys came up with something really cool and desirable that you could only access if you donated, you'd probably be able to rake in a lot more money...However, it would be difficult to do this and maintain the identity of Bluelight as an HR site that serves as a free, collective, public service that's available to everyone.

I'm not personally big into online chit-chat, but that would obviously be the "big one" as far as perks go for a large number of members. I guess BL doesn't want to be even indirectly responsible by being a conduit for people to engage in any "questionable" behavior, which is no easy task when you have a forum that by it's very nature connects drug users all over the world to one another. Although, it's hard for me to imagine there being any legal liability for BL if "something bad" was to happen in the real world as a result of people meeting on a web forum. Maybe it's more of an ethical issue than a legal one, IDK...

I agree with the idea of keeping the thread when someone wants to delete their posts and they are the very first post...good idea to just make that first post annonymous. When a poster want all deleted a mod could "hold" any posts that a person is the first poster in until they could look that post over, make it annonymous and "snip" out any information contained in the post that might have any type of info that might reveal an identity. Just think of some of the megathreads that provide much very valuable information...if they were deleted it would be a shame..