• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc All gaba b drugs I have taken cause a constant watery discharge down my throat. What other options are there?

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
I have taken baclofen, f-phenibut and recently GHB and all of them caused a constant running of watery mucous running down my windpipe. It is really irritating and meant any relaxation effect is negated by constantly having to drag up some mucous, it is the same sort of discomfort of needing to pee where you can't relax if you know you bladder is filled.

Lying down made it even worse where I could feel the windpipe filling and filling then after a little it would filter into the stomach or the lungs (not sure how the internals work) and make it gargle every 20 seconds or so.

This meant each time I took those drugs I ended up not sleeping at all or only an hour or so. A drug has to sit right in my system for me to be able to rest on it and these gaba bs have done the opposite.

I was most disappointed with ghb as from what I read of it being natural to the body I was expecting it to feel as clean as drinking water or even breathing! whereas it still produced this fucking annoying drip in my throat.

This makes me feel like some of the best downer drugs for on and off use are shut off to me. I was looking for something to take a couple times a week like kratom to act as an anti depressant and be a stronger downer/sleep inducer than kratom if required and anxiolytic without many harmful toxic effects if used wisely but it seems this whole class is barred from me from my tests.

I had really put a lot of research into this and I thought one would work from this class. I had pretty much setup ghb to be the holy grail in that sense due to aforementioned reports of all other users saying how 'clean' it is on the body.

I can't really think of what else could come close to those criteria of low toxicity and effective sedative action. I know the gaba - a class but they are not as appropriate for semi regular use are they? I know gaba a and b drugs both have horrendous withdrawals but the A ones sound the longest and sound less 'natural' than gaba b drugs - the latter looking to be very simple molecules and only slight variants of natural gaba.

But I will have to widen my search and criteria I guess now given these latest disparaging findings.

Last edited:
Try gargling with salt water intermittently during, it should dry this up pretty quickly.

If you aren't insufflating anything else then it might just be a mild anaphylaxis you're dealing with, as GABA-B positive modulators are used as antitussives, experimentally iirc but still efficacious in the trials.

Also GABA-B agonists can have WD symptoms similar to A's. Spasticity being higher of course but anxiety and seizures follow a similar curve in WD. As far as semi regular use any Gabaergic can cause tachyphylaxis in fairly short order with dependence following, even staggered use.