• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction All Drugs - Short Half-Life vs. Long Half-Life Drugs

Well I just got on the suboxone and it was a very successful, comfortable induction. So that will help on the opiate end. But I’ve never had any intention of quitting Zolpidem. I need to find out if I’m harming myself in a noticeable way...

Yeah I’d never try cold turkey. That’s a recipe for instant relapse.

Surprised you don’t know what suboxone is given all your other knowledge. It’s been a miracle drug for me. Only thing that’s ever successfully got me off other opiates. It’s a partial agonist so you must be in withdrawal before you take it. Which means you can’t get high on it no matter how bad you try. And it has absolutely no high or mood elevation, euphoria, nothing at all, which allows you to begin beating the psychological addiction. With your curious brain you really should read up on it. 😎

But Clonazepam (that’s Ativan, right?) is so weak. I’ve got the 1mgs and I need to take 6 or 7 to do anything. Tonight I’ll be taking 6 Ativan and 3 Klonopins (2mg). Hopefully that’ll be enough to get some sleep. I inducted suboxone today. Successfully I may as well add.

Wrong Clonazepam is Klonopin A.K.A. Rivotril and Ativan is Lorazepam... just thought I should mention that.

Last edited:
Benzos are definitely weird . I have been on clonazepam close to 20 years but haven't taken it for days because ive been using etizolam and haven't noticed any difference other than etizolam makes me sleepy
My doctor said 5 x 1/2 lives the drug is out of your system. Next appointment I'm asking which 1/2 life is he referring to

Benzos are definitely weird . I have been on clonazepam close to 20 years but haven't taken it for days because ive been using etizolam and haven't noticed any difference other than etizolam makes me sleepy
My doctor said 5 x 1/2 lives the drug is out of your system. Next appointment I'm asking which 1/2 life is he referring to
Maybe he meant all drugs. Rule of thumb kinda thing. But def ask him anyway. I’ve always been curious how exactly half life works. Try to remember to post the answer here!

The MD Dr will not understand there are a pair of half lives; they are simply not taught that much about pharmacology which is a travesty

The MD Dr will not understand there are a pair of half lives; they are simply not taught that much about pharmacology which is a travesty

You would think doctors prescribing drugs should know about the drugs

@Kara Kava

Yes you would however they are simply not. They think Suboxone strips are unabusable and do not give Subutex to pregnant women even though the BA% of Nalxone Sublingual is like 2^

My Dr has decent knowledge, however did not know NSAIDS competitively antagonize GABA-A receptors

It is a travesty...

And he is referring to plasma half-life, that is what Doctors are taught, and the 5 T1/2 thing is A rule of thumb. If you ask him which half-life guarantee you he will not know what the hell you are talking about

Otherwise they still would not give the short acting Benzodiazepine diazepam and the intermediate acting partial agonist nordazepam to Klonopin/Clonazolam patients like myself

(Luckily am RX'ed a LOT of Klonopin now, however always afraid he will lower it ; I am on 4 X a day and still barely make it)

And he is referring to plasma half-life, that is what Doctors are taught, and the 5 T1/2 thing is A rule of thumb. If you ask him which half-life guarantee you he will not know what the hell you are talking about

Otherwise they still would not give the short acting Benzodiazepine diazepam and the intermediate acting partial agonist nordazepam to Klonopin/Clonazolam patients like myself

(Luckily am RX'ed a LOT of Klonopin now, however always afraid he will lower it ; I am on 4 X a day and still barely make it)
Why klonopins? Maybe Xanax? I’m assuming you’ve already tried

I prescribed 4 x .5mg of clonazepam. Makes sense about doctors though, i asked mine how lyrica worked and he just shrugged his shoulders lol

Last edited:
I get 2mg 4X per day, or qid;

I just Hope it stays that way
Man I need a new Clonazolam source

And Lyrica is not fully understood, however iy works on Voltage Gated Calcium Channels and can indirectly increase GABA

I get 2mg 4X per day, or qid;

I just Hope it stays that way
Man I need a new Clonazolam source

And Lyrica is not fully understood, however iy works on Voltage Gated Calcium Channels and can indirectly increase GABA
Isn’t that something like a time released gabapentin? What use does it have for a recovering addict on 8mg of suboxone?

Lyrica? It just plain rocks.
It enhances everything, in moderate doses and makes you feel great in doses of more than a gram(I have a tolerance, do
Not start with a gram)

Lyrica could give you a mood
Lift and some pain relief if you have certain types of pain, and it potentates Buprenorphine/Suboxone

I think it is a great medication; too bad it is Schedule 5, yet it could be worse

No shit...my friend was telling me it had too many psychological side effects for her. Namely memory loss. What kind of drug is it? Works on gaba? And is it the type of drug that you have to let build up for a few weeks like antidepressants? Gonna see my doc tomorrow. Wonder what he’d think...

Also, what do you mean it “potentiates suboxone”? Like you won’t need as much suboxone if you’re on Lyrica?

That’s the last question I swear. 😎

^ Exactly. It makes a dose "feel" larger or more accurately, more intense.

And no, it does not have to build up; First time I took it I took quite a large dose and just felt completely amazing

Hope that helps 😎

Well, this won’t surprise anyone on this board, but I did see my doctor today and did in fact remember to ask him about Lyrica. “What can you tell me about Lyrica”? His exact words: “Same as gabapentin.”

3 word answer. Big shocker, right?

And very, very inaccurate answer. Similar chemical structures, totally different levels of effect

Pregabalin has much better bioavailability. It does also have side effects. The memory thing is well documented. When I was taking it I was forgetting so much, I literally felt my IQ had gone down. Tolerance builds super fast with it and then you’re just taking it to stop withdrawals which are fucking horrid. It was one of the worst drugs I’ve had to withdraw from.

However, it’s a brilliant drug as a comfort drug when withdrawing from opiates/opioids. It is brilliant if you have nerve pain and I’ve read a lot to say it is good for anxiety but at the lower doses like 150mg.