• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol safe for meth comedown?

Current run is 36 hours by the time sleep hits.

3 doses of Meth, 25 mg each. Snorted. Spread across this time frame.
Fucking hell! If you’ve got 36 hours out of 75 mg you are a lucky guy indeed. Either negligible tolerance or some mighty good meth.

I’d need double that just to take off and I’d burn through about a gram in total before crashing at 48 hours.

IMO a nice pint of beer is a welcome way to end your stimulant or psychedelic-hallucinogen adventure. Like at the very, very tail end of your experience, when you're about to pass out anyway from sheer exhaustion but are content to wash an OTC sleep aid down with a pint of some refreshing beer and zone out to some meaningless TV. A legitimate Rx sedative is preferable but in a pinch, that combo does work towards putting you in an appropriate headspace.

Fucking hell! If you’ve got 36 hours out of 75 mg you are a lucky guy indeed. Either negligible tolerance or some mighty good meth.
I’d need double that just to take off and I’d burn through about a gram in total before crashing at 48 hours.
I was kind of the same when I did meth. A single point of good quality meth could get me geeked out all day. Its really not that little, if its pure. You can get multiple smoke seshses out of it assuming its not full of msm.

I deff would not add weed to the mix. I've made that same mistake on a stim comedown. To the above comment when i had some good meth 50mg would do me real good snorted or smoked. Doing a full point even with a tolerance would have me up 48hrs. Nowadays 30mg of adderall has me feeling good Lol

I admit I currently have some pretty good product by it's effects.

I might hit him up for 3.5 before he gets a new batch.

3.5 would last me damn year a year lol.

To be fair though, I was awake for 4 hours before I took my first dose.
So it was more like 32 hours total.
Broken down i'd say 28 hours actually high, 4 hours coming down without alcohol or weed. Probably would have been shorter if I had drank more Alcohol during my trip.

This was my first time weighing out my doses before taking them so I'm setting my baseline high at about 25mg snorted for 10 hours of stimulation.
I'd prefer a more mathematically dividable number that fits into 24 better, like 8 hours.

But I can work with 10 hours :)

I'm not taking my next trip for 3 weeks because my sister is in town for the next 2 weeks, which is why I took an early stim trip this weekend.

I don't have any documented evidence, but I attribute my ability to have a satisfying experience on such a low dose to allowing time for my brain and body to recover their resources.

Marijuana can be a fun/comforting way of getting pulled back down to earth after being up too long, or it can send you to an introspective shithole. Weed is funny like that.
For me, I've always found it to be a "second wind", so to speak, on the tail end of a binge.
It actually brings me back up quite a bit in it's own way, when i reach my meth limit and trying to do any more would just be a waste.

Really intense, almost like an opiate fuzziness.

Last edited:
Tail end of a binge.

I’ve been using for 48 hours ever 2-3 days for the last 3 weeks after a 2 month break. Normally I have been taking 25 mg agomelatine and 50 mg seroquel and sometimes 5 mg valium and falling asleep within an hour at the end of each 48 hours. I sleep for 7 hours and wake up feeling very focussed and alert with no sense of craving (that comes back in a day or two). I usually work that day and the next.

Yesterday after 36 hours I began feeling pretty flat and smoking more and more just kept me going until I hit 48 and I went to sleep without any meds whatsoever. Which was lucky cause I has barely anything left to work with. Slept 10 hours.

I couldn’t get past 48 hours on meth no matter how hard I tried. This is despite the stuff sending me into a very happy, high, alert, focussed, and horny orbit for the first 24 hours. But then it’s downhill all the way. Maybe if I did really push past 48 hours I would start losing control/focus and start doing stupid tweaker shit I wouldn’t otherwise do.

This isn't harm reduction advice so take it with a grain of rice. I remember after a glass of moonshine I'd sleep pretty well provided I went to bed at a normal hour; before the AM hours. Since I don't dink hard liquor anymore I'd have a couple beers and smoke a joint

I've never experienced a meth comedown from meth though. Maybe I'm lucky. I'm just saying this would help me get to sleep like an hour earlier than normal

This isn't harm reduction advice so take it with a grain of rice. I remember after a glass of moonshine I'd sleep pretty well provided I went to bed at a normal hour; before the AM hours. Since I don't dink hard liquor anymore I'd have a couple beers and smoke a joint

I've never experienced a meth comedown from meth though. Maybe I'm lucky. I'm just saying this would help me get to sleep like an hour earlier than normal

You dont get meth comedowns? Even when you used alcohol to fall asleep? YEAH, I'd say thats pretty darn lucky.

I never really felt the comedown to be that bad either. When you go through heroin wd's a shit load of times everything else besides benzos seems like a cake walk. Even after using for months on end it wasn't that bad. Every few weeks I'd take a break (dealer not picking up) sleep like a rock for 3-4 days and be back to around 85% normal.

I never really felt the comedown to be that bad either. When you go through heroin wd's a shit load of times everything else besides benzos seems like a cake walk. Even after using for months on end it wasn't that bad. Every few weeks I'd take a break (dealer not picking up) sleep like a rock for 3-4 days and be back to around 85% normal.
True that. I found the meth comedown experiences basically all came down to the same variable: do I have any responsibilities?

I seemed to get a free couple rides, but after that it started to get extremely hard to get up and do things. Going to work or school was sooo painful. It makes sense since my dopamine was depleted. I had to struggle to make every movement. On those days where I was recovering from a speed binge and I had to go to school during the day and then work after that, its was torture ( or so I would have called it at the time) But if I didn't have any responsibilities then it wasn't that bad. I was perfectly content to sit on the couch and watch movies for 3-5 days until I started feeling back to normal.

But you are right! that was before I knew the horror of fentanyl withdrawal. Meth withdrawal is closer to caffeine withdrawal than it is to fentanyl in terms of severity.

For me the fuel for a bad comedown are anxiety and depression. If my life is bad and I am already beset by things making me depressed or anxious then they get magnifed 100x and become quite terrifying or disturbing. To the point I might even have suicidal ideation.

However, when life is cruisy and there are no pressures or worries the mental aspects of the comedown are negligible and the physical might only last a day or two.

That said I’m almost always taking Rx meds to prevent any possible psychological or physical effects.

I feat cravings more than I fear comedowns.

I have had to use alcohol to come down many times in the last 21 or so years. Benzos are the right way to do it, compounds like Trazadone, Propranalol, Benadryl (OTC), and Seroquel can help you get to sleep once you have stopped taking more methamphetamine but still feel amped. Melatonin and Magnesium supplements, Valerian Root and Chamomile herbal products are also going to help you get a more quality sleep, so take those if you can along with the booze, which will actually slow down your overamped CNS quite quickly and directly.

I regularly do this and am doing it right now, but I dont disagree with the above. Not exactly anyway. It actually is nice in a way, just watch out for winding up in a volatile state. Keep the amount of alcohol to a happy medium and eat and drink water too.

Benzos are better for this than alcohol.
Hopefully you are a normal citizen when it comes to alcohol, and three or so drinks will make you sleepy. If you are a veteran alcoholic like me, you might need to drink a lot more to be effective, and you people know who you are. It might be tempting to do so, but I don't recommend drinking past whatever your limit is when using alcohol on its own.

If you're doing this make sure to get enough electrolytes too!! Hydration is not only about water, you need at least some salt and ideally magnesium and a source of potassium too. (Never take potassium supplements unless you really know what you're doing, it can give you an arrhythmia if you take too much)
Heavy drinkers and stim users should take a vitamin B supplement as well.
An Emergenc-C packet will also be of great aid. I also recommend some sugar free Gatorade or Powerade, or a Pedialyte, just don't overdo it.

I’d go for relaxation/mindfulness/breathing techniques, warm baths, long walks, chill music, watching TV until the next night. Basically anything to avoid alcohol triggering some kind of mood disorder like depression, anxiety, anger, rage etc etc.
This is great advice, you have some time to kill anyways so build up your mental health toolbox while you are at it.

What has me curious though is the stark difference in felt effects between benzos and alcohol considering they're both targeting the same receptors/region.
I think it is the blood brain barrier differences. Methamphetamine and Alcohol both hit you "like that", the onset is negligible and the maximum effect of a dose is reached before you know it. Benzos have different onset lengths, longer effective periods, and a more gradual increase in effect over time.

IMO a nice pint of beer is a welcome way to end your stimulant or psychedelic-hallucinogen adventure. Like at the very, very tail end of your experience, when you're about to pass out anyway from sheer exhaustion but are content to wash an OTC sleep aid down with a pint of some refreshing beer and zone out to some meaningless TV.
I think this is the best advice besides the mindfulness and wellness tips Aletier3 and others suggested. Don't drink throughout your binge, or even during your last methamp or amp dose. Wait until the euphoria has worn off and the ragged feeling you were starting to have before the redose is evident in the periphery. The ETOH will overpower that shitty feeling and mask it enough with alcohol's euphoria and you will hopefully pass out before that wears off.

I usually wake up 2-3 hours after using alcohol this way. If it happens to you to, I suggest you go use the toilet, eat a quick snack or light breakfast (something you can prepare quickly without waking yourself up making something fancy), scarf that down, and go back to bed. I am not going to lie, I usually breathalyze myself at this point and if I can afford to time wise, have another drink to help me nod off again. Probably not a good idea, but I am a stubborn alcoholic so it is as natural as can be for me to do things I am not supposed to.

For me the fuel for a bad comedown are anxiety and depression. If my life is bad and I am already beset by things making me depressed or anxious then they get magnifed 100x and become quite terrifying or disturbing. To the point I might even have suicidal ideation.

However, when life is cruisy and there are no pressures or worries the mental aspects of the comedown are negligible and the physical might only last a day or two.

That said I’m almost always taking Rx meds to prevent any possible psychological or physical effects.

I feat cravings more than I fear comedowns.
Yes im anxious naturally it gets magnified for me too. Since August I've only did meth 2x. Nowadays I can make 15 30s last all month just using on days i work. I'd be so so happy if i could even get a small 15-20 kpins a month but sadly no doc wants script it when you're on bupe

I think alcohol effects a lot more than gaba, just about every neurotransmitter from what ive heard
No, not really, though some validity is warranted to at least saying it has some range to its neurotransmitter profile, but nothing like "just about every neurotransmitter", which would be insanely dangerous, if even possible.

Check this out, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC165791/ (bold mine)

The 2 major types of membrane-bound proteins that are directly affected by pharmacologically relevant concentrations of ethanol (i.e., concentrations up to 100 mmol/L or 460 mg/dL, at which point ethanol can be lethal in humans) are ligand-gated ion channels (LGICs) and voltage-dependent calcium channels. LGICs are a family of neurotransmitter receptors that are widely distributed in the mammalian CNS and play a major role in synaptic transmission and the regulation of neuronal excitability. In particular, the gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABAA), N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA), glycine, neuronal nicotinic and 5-hydroxytryptamine type 3 (5-HT3) receptors are LGICs that have been shown to be directly modulated by ethanol.

Meth and benzos are the combination you really want, as nothing smooths out the comedown from stimulant use better than benzos, as virtually anyone who has tried this combination will attest. This brings with it increased risk the user might slip into benzo tolerance, but with a little self-discipline, occasional abstinence, and a level-headed non-self-destructive approach, it's easily managed and dependency is avoided. I recommend Xanax, and also recommend you lie down after its consumption so as to hasten the onset of sleep and lessen the likelihood of accidentally doing something stupid, dangerous while half-asleep, blacked out on benzos and meth. Be careful not to go overboard into benzo territory as the illusion of sobriety is a commonly experienced side-effect of stims and benzo use. In a pinch, as was mentioned earlier, the antihistamine diphenhydramine (Benadryl) is useful for getting some sleep, and you might find melatonin helps as well (but also promotes REM sleep and heavy dreaming which can actually be detrimental to getting good, reparative, deep-wave sleep.

Also to those asking about why benzos affect us differently from alcohol despite both targeting GABA… if I'm not mistaken, benzos go after type B GABA while ethanol affects type A GABA. Then there's GHB, which some people like as a comedown drug from meth, but personally I think GHB complements MDMA comedowns better, and again prefer benzos for meth use.

Also, if it hasn’t been mentioned. It’s potentially useful to take a mega dose of vitamin C and plenty of liquids to speed up the metabolisation and excretion of your meth.
Fuck I completely forgot to try this on my last Meth trip! Fuck.

Aw well. I'll definitely give it a go on my next trip here in a few weeks.

Fuck I completely forgot to try this on my last Meth trip! Fuck.

Aw well. I'll definitely give it a go on my next trip here in a few weeks.
Also do note: it cuts both ways, this effect. You see, Vitamin C is ascorbic acid and its consumption with make ones renal pH (from urine in one's kidneys) lower. This speeds up the metabolism by having available acidic molecules with which to bind metabolites of drugs, thus making them water-soluble salts and more easily rid from the body.

Conversely, this also means that keeping your renal pH higher than normal results in the delayed removal of a drug from one's body, thus prolonging and potentiating the effects. So basically eat Tums/Maalox whatever on Day 1. Then on Day [crash], eat vitamin C (along with other vitamins, especially Magnesium Chelate (great bioavailability), CoQ10, and at least a good multivitamin on top of that.