PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

alcohol/drug monitoring bracelet and lsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilymagil

Greenlighter
Hello. SWIM currently has a tattle tale alcohol/drug monitoring bracelet and is trying to figure out if LSD would show up on it. Has anyone has experience with one of these and been able to trip with it? It monitors body temperature as well and this is one concern SWIM is considering. I can't find anything elsewhere on it with any helpful advice so someone with experience with it would be appreciated.

FYI, the use of "SWIM" is frowned upon here. It doesn't do anything to protect you, so all it does is make posts harder to read and risk giving you a false sense of security when it comes to posting things that you shouldn't. If you're not comfortable saying "I" in place of "SWIM," that's probably a sign that you should reword what you're saying to avoid personal details and stick to non-detailed hypotheticals (e.g., instead of "I have a drug monitoring bracelet, can I take LSD," something along the lines of "does anyone know if drug monitoring bracelets can detect LSD use?"

Anyway, no drug/alcohol monitoring bracelet I'm aware of can detect LSD use. I doubt that LSD metabolites are excreted in sufficient quantities via sweat for a sample to be tested later and trigger a positive for LSD. LSD is very hard to detect even with a full urine test, because the doses are very small and the drug is metabolized and excreted very quickly (in most cases within 24 hours). It is usually only tested for in rare circumstances where there is specific reason to suspect very recent LSD use and testing can be compelled immediately. Psychedelics aren't tested for in any of the standard urine drug testing panels, unless you count cannabis and MDMA. I can't say with absolute certainty that there is no drug monitoring bracelet out there that can detect LSD, but A) I doubt it's technologically feasible, and B) even if it is, I doubt they bother to test for it since almost no one ever does.

I don't think LSD's effect on body temperature are significant or unique enough to be a concern. Worst case, if they saw unusual vitals they might do a urine test, in which case they almost certainly wouldn't test for LSD (and, unless they were VERY quick about compelling the test, they probably wouldn't find anything even if they bothered to look for it).

A drug monitoring bracelet? I have never heard of such a thing. How would that even work?

I know they can strap an ankle monitor to you, but how would it detect if you take drugs? That makes no sense.

What solistus said (further to 'SWIM' being against the rules, questions regarding drug testing are also against the rules, for reasons such as solistus being unable to say for certain).

Given you've been given a fairly detailed response, be thankful :p coz unfortunately I must close this thread now, sorry buddy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.