• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Alcohol and Suboxone - Alcoholic Solutions for Higher BA With Sublingual Use

could this also be used on other prescribed medication, I am also on adderall and have become so used to it and can not go higher on my dose, I would love to know if this works for it also...

okay ive read around a few old threads and tried searching around about this and i have a few questions and dont know where else to post them.

can u use mouthwash to increase the BA? like just put a small amount of mouthwash in your mouth when u put the film under your tounge. or does it help BA at all if u just use mouthwash first and rinse and then just use the film as directed?

or do you need a higher proof alcohol to use for putting it in your mouth together with the film?

also someone in another thread about this that got a little off topic had a good point im concerned with. absorbing the alcohol...
"I have recently been exploring increased BA and potentiating and could use some advice. I have tried the 151 proof/bupe thing (.15ml-1mg sub) and I can feel the alcohol. I havent consumed any alky for 6 years. either its going in sublingual or running down my throat. whatever it is I dont like the feeling. it may stretch the bupe but the tradeoff isnt good."

i dont want to feel the alcohol as it will make me feel like crap especially in combo with the bupe. i especially agree with the bold part of the quote if the BA difference isnt all that much, and doesnt do much for a chronic bupe user.

okay ive read around a few old threads and tried searching around about this and i have a few questions and dont know where else to post them.

can u use mouthwash to increase the BA? like just put a small amount of mouthwash in your mouth when u put the film under your tounge. or does it help BA at all if u just use mouthwash first and rinse and then just use the film as directed?

or do you need a higher proof alcohol to use for putting it in your mouth together with the film?

also someone in another thread about this that got a little off topic had a good point im concerned with. absorbing the alcohol...
"I have recently been exploring increased BA and potentiating and could use some advice. I have tried the 151 proof/bupe thing (.15ml-1mg sub) and I can feel the alcohol. I havent consumed any alky for 6 years. either its going in sublingual or running down my throat. whatever it is I dont like the feeling. it may stretch the bupe but the tradeoff isnt good."

i dont want to feel the alcohol as it will make me feel like crap especially in combo with the bupe. i especially agree with the bold part of the quote if the BA difference isnt all that much, and doesnt do much for a chronic bupe user.

I don't drink alcohol (I don't have anything against it, I just don't like the way it makes me feel). So I don't have much experience with this. However, I have way better results if I brush my teeth right before a dose (I'm currently on 6 mg of sub a day - weaned from 24 over the last 2 years). I haven't heard anything about alcohol stretching it out. Like you, I would find the combination not worth it even if it did.

I don't drink alcohol (I don't have anything against it, I just don't like the way it makes me feel). So I don't have much experience with this. However, I have way better results if I brush my teeth right before a dose (I'm currently on 6 mg of sub a day - weaned from 24 over the last 2 years). I haven't heard anything about alcohol stretching it out. Like you, I would find the combination not worth it even if it did.

well if u read from the first post on... they are talking about using the alcohol to strictly increase the bio-availability of the sub/bupe by using the alcohol to make a solution of bupe/alcohol to use sublingually, or just adding a very small amount of alcohol in your mouth while taking your sub as usual.

yeah i already usually do brush my teeth and rinse out my mouth quite profusely before i dose my suboxone films. i was just curious about the alcohol thing.

i used to love alcohol, and ever since falling way too deep into opiates i dont like it anymore at all. i do crave it when im in opiate w/d sometimes tho, wierd.

so im about to go and get a small thing of vodka and try this...

so i can either put the vodka in first and clean out my mouth with it, spit it out, and then dose my sub as usual. or i can put a few drops of the vodka under my tongue and then place the sub film in position?

i can do either of these right?

i suppose ill come back and say what happened so people in the future who have any questions similar to mine will know whats up.

I just rinse my mouth with mouthwash, making sure to hold some mouth wash under the tongue for a while before dosing with suboxone. If you rub an alchol swab over your veins you will see that it dilates them temporarily. Therfore, the blood vessels under the tongue are dilated, making for more absorption of the bupe.

this post made me think about something...

your veins in your tongue may be dilated when u first go to dose your suboxone... but after you dose your sub and put your tongue back down and then sit and wait... after a short time your veins are no longer going to be dilated like they were. so im not sure if that helps to have the veins dilated or not. i sometimes even hold my tongue up as if im looking at the bottom of it in a mirror. that makes the 2 big veins in your tongue stick way out, then i place the pieces of sub film directly on the vein under my tongue.

btw ive been sitting here for about 30-45 minutes with my dose in my mouth... i had just brushed my teeth, and rinsed thoroughly with hot ass water(lol ass water) just like normal. then i took some vodka and cleaned the bottom of my tongue with a tiny bit of it, and placed my pieces of sub film on the bottom of my tongue(right on those veins). after placing the strips on my tongue, but before closing my mouth, i put about .75 ML of vodka under my tongue and then close my mouth and feel the burn.

so far im not noticing a huge difference... i think its more about cleaning off the tongue so that the most bupe can be absorbed, but either way im still gonna keep trying this for now.

ill check back and let everyone know...

EDIT: its been about 1-1.5 hours. i just spit out the remaining saliva mixture, which i always do and highly recommend to anyone taking suboxone sublingually. i forgot to add that i typically take 6mg once a day. i tried this method with only 4mg this time. i didnt want to end up doubling my dose so i tried this with a little lower than my normal dose. it seems like it must have helped a bit. I certainly dont feel like i lowered my dose, so it more than likely helped.

im about to go hit the Volcano for my typical post-sub vape session. something about smoking the right type of weed really enhances the euphoric feeling of bupe for me. Ill be able to tell a little better at that point if im feeling the bupe anymore than usual today.

after the vape and giving it more time, id say i can tell the BA was increased successfully. how much? idk.

im still wondering about the mouthwash thing tho... the vodka didnt seem to make the film dissolve super fast and tasteless like the mouthwash does. that makes me think that the mouthwash, at least the scope kind which i have, is not good for using prior to taking your sub.

ahh crap, sry about the multiple posts too...

Last edited:
Slum

Im glad it might have helped some, I feel it does help with the onset. I seem to get more to my brain at once or something.

I also like how the vodka dries my mouth out a bit so I don't end up with a huge 'sub puddle' under my tongue. It def sticks better as well.

(I still get the puddle but it takes longer to form and isnt as annoying/overwhelming)

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a really dumb idea, but the OP said that the higher the alcohol content, the more effective this method is- I have in my posession some alcoholic gel handwash, commonly used in hospitals to reduce the spread of bacteria. From what I gather this stuff is pure alcohol, but it is of course in a non-liquid form, which I guess could make it difficult to dissolve. Maybe I could dilute it somehow to make it a liquid...?
Anyway, I know this stuff is dangerous- I've known desperate alcoholics to consume this stuff, and sustain liver poisoning; their skin became yellow.-so my question is, is there a safe way to prepare and use this stuff for the sublingual method? Or should I just get some ethanol, or even some vodka?

Also, is it possible to quantify exactly how much the ba would be improved using this alcohol method (eg would 4mg become equivalent to 5 mg or something)?

Edit: I really don't want to get drunk; could that happen with this method?

Slum

Im glad it might have helped some, I feel it does help with the onset. I seem to get more to my brain at once or something.

I also like how the vodka dries my mouth out a bit so I don't end up with a huge 'sub puddle' under my tongue. It def sticks better as well.

(I still get the puddle but it takes longer to form and isnt as annoying/overwhelming)
for me its a fine line... if i accidentally use over about 1ml of vodka to pour into the bottom of my mouth, then my mouth waters up and it sucks trying to hold it.
yesterday i only used about .75ml of vodka and i had no problem with that like u say.

and yeah it does seem to take effect a bit sooner. i figure it must work, all day yesterday i was nodding out and would get fairly out of it each time i would vape a bowl out the volcano. i think im gonna stick to this method, that way i can make my stockpile last a lot longer.

Sorry if this is a really dumb idea, but the OP said that the higher the alcohol content, the more effective this method is- I have in my posession some alcoholic gel handwash, commonly used in hospitals to reduce the spread of bacteria. From what I gather this stuff is pure alcohol, but it is of course in a non-liquid form, which I guess could make it difficult to dissolve. Maybe I could dilute it somehow to make it a liquid...?
Anyway, I know this stuff is dangerous- I've known desperate alcoholics to consume this stuff, and sustain liver poisoning; their skin became yellow.-so my question is, is there a safe way to prepare and use this stuff for the sublingual method? Or should I just get some ethanol, or even some vodka?

Also, is it possible to quantify exactly how much the ba would be improved using this alcohol method (eg would 4mg become equivalent to 5 mg or something)?

Edit: I really don't want to get drunk; could that happen with this method?

i would just go get some vodka man... i bought a little 50ml bottle of ketel one for under 3 bucks. i wouldnt use uber-cheap vodka if i were u. u will taste it.
and its only 80 proof(40%) and it seems to be doing the trick quite well. i couldnt imagine trying to use higher proof, it would burn yur mouth off. which also makes me salivate.

and they have it posted from somewhere that the subL BA goes from the normal 30% to somewhere between 50% - 70% with the alcohol.

i also was worried about feeling the alcohol... if u do it right u should feel VERY little if any at all. good luck!

No, that's good advice; cheers, mate. Luckily I've got some decent smirnoff miniatures, so that should do nicely. I'm shocked at the type of improvements I can get this way, I mean 70% is not far off the IV ROA.

This could be really useful for my taper I'm soon to start, so thanks for the info SlumSurvivor.

Edit: I'm prescribed the tablets not the strips; would this make any difference?

Hi! I'm new here, decided to register today so I can possibly have my question answered...

So I'm always looking to get more BA from suboxone, especially when I'm low or withdrawing. I'm both right now. This is day three of my heroin withdrawal and I'm feeling alright, not great but not 100%, as to be expected.
Anyway, when I read this method I jumped right on it. My first experiment (on the second day of withdrawal) with 2mg suboxone strips was a success, I felt immediate relief, even after taking suboxone a few times before that by other ROA. My pupils shrunk down to normal size and I was able to relax. My next two experiments with 1mg & 2mg suboxone pills were a success too, but here's where my question comes in... My first experiment with the strip, when I took out the cotton about 10 minutes later the cotton was white once again, but when I did it with the pills even after 20+ minutes the cotton was still orange! I didn't taste any alcohol or suboxone, so I was wondering if it was still orange because of the dye the pill has it in. The pills aren't the N8 ones, but they're still orange, just a generic type I think, sorry couldn't find the manufacturer. I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my dosage, since I am still sick. :(

Please, if anyone could answer my question it would be GREATLY appreciated!

-Krumpie

I never understood why people need to get more from less subs dose. Just ask you dr for a bump in dosage. That's assuming your in a program and not getting off the street.

Damn, this really does work...I'm surprised at how much of a kick I got doing this. One question though...I used an amount of brandy that visually made sense...I used it on 2mg...but I don't really understand how only 1ml of alcohol would have worked...hence why I only used what I thought made sense...I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, I use my 0.5ml by CC subcutaneous syringes that I am scripted with my testosterone and only putting 1ml is invisible and puts a mini droplet on what was 1/4 of a 8mg pill. The 2mg pills themselves are smaller and produce less powder so maybe this makes more sense then...:?

e:Alright, I have pinpoint pupils....this is really surprising and will indeed help saving on my script...not that I even pay it, but it's gonna be easier to ween myself off eventually

It's still not an amazing painkiller by any means (had to get in my pressure therapy suit to get rid of this recurring left foot pain I get sometimes...nope..not diabeetus, it has been checked often enough to be ruled out) but I do feel something, that's worth mentioning I imagine.

Last edited:
heck yeah it works... i never take my subs without it anymore. i was able to basically cut my dose in half. which i assume could mean i got double the BA by doing this.

i just use 80 proof vodka... ive tried tequilla too, Patron even. it carries a flavor that doesnt go away. go get some mid level vodka. i used belvidere once and it was too smooth. i kept almost drooling it back out cuz id forget it was there. effen, ketel one, new amsterdam... etc. even smirnoff or seagrams would be fine.

the new zubsolvs have menthol in them to increase BA... so the pharm industry has caught on to this.

Holy shit this actually works 0_0
I cut my dose from 16mg to 14 and still feel more than if I had taken 18!

Anyone have info on why it does? This is probably the best form of potentiation I've experienced with any drug I've ever taken and I've potentiated alotttttttttttt of stuff in alottttttttttt of ways.

It definitely works. I don't "drink" with my Sub dosage, I just rinse my mouth out for a minute with high alcohol content mouthwash (Listerine), spit and then load in the sub strip w/o rinsing the mouthwash out my mouth. I notice the strip dissolves faster too.

I did this for years. I'm afraid it ruined my teeth. Just had one pulled because it was breaking constantly and couldn't be fixed.

Now I 'waterline' my subs. Well, actually I don't use subs now, I switched to kratom and I'm happy. Although I just snorted a mg of bupe so I'm not positive what I'm doing.

I did this for years. I'm afraid it ruined my teeth. Just had one pulled because it was breaking constantly and couldn't be fixed.

Now I 'waterline' my subs. Well, actually I don't use subs now, I switched to kratom and I'm happy. Although I just snorted a mg of bupe so I'm not positive what I'm doing.

Do you know how exactly it works though? And also this is to anyone but does taking like 10 drops of listerine give you any side effects due to it being absorbed sublingually (Like is the BA 10x higher than oral or some shit like that)? Cuz I don't want to be doing this every day if it does lol, still trying to JUST use buprenorphine, not anything else.

^ Why do you think it ruined your teeth?

Yo for real though, other than that- like why the fuck does this work hahaha I've been using potentiation methods for all sorts of drugs for years and this is one of the simplest/easiest and it works the best-est (lol couldn't help it sorry).

I read through the rest of this thread and there's not really a definitive or general conclusion I can string together.