• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Afghanistan is being overrun by crystal meth as US begins withdrawal

BK38

Bluelight Crew
Afghanistan is being overrun by crystal meth as US begins withdrawal.
  • The US is leaving behind a flourishing, violent trade in heroin and crystal meth in Afghanistan.
  • The Om weed, which contains the key ingredient for making meth, grows wild in the mountains.
  • One in 10 Afghans are said to be involved in the drug trade, about as many as are said to be addicted.
HERAT, Afghanistan - For weeks, Afghan police had been staking out a single-family house they believed was being used as a meth lab.

When it came time for the raid, they were caught off guard when a middle-aged woman answered the door. In accordance with local custom, a female officer stepped forward. But before anyone knew what had happened, the woman had struck the officer and bolted the door behind her.

By the time the police managed to knock down the door, only fizzled remnants of meth and heroin were left in the kitchen and bathroom, while a rank odor wafted.

"In the time it took us to enter the house, she had destroyed the hard drugs," one of the officers told Insider. "We would never be able to prove that the house was being used for cooking meth or making heroin."

Full Article Here

I remember reading some articles here about Afghans synthesizing methamphetamine from ephedra harvested from wild plants, thought it was quite interesting

One day the Afghan people will be people to farm and sell poppies (and I guess ephedra too) in a legal regulated market. Until that day comes the terror will reign

It’s mind-boggling to think what will happen in such a sexually-repressed and heavily armed place once everybody is hopped up on meth. And you thought things couldn’t get any worse...

It’s mind-boggling to think what will happen in such a sexually-repressed and heavily armed place once everybody is hopped up on meth. And you thought things couldn’t get any worse...
stimulant fueled pansexual orgies with armed elite warriors enforcing that everything is consensual?

I only knew of ephedrine as "Ma Huang" (Ephedra Sinica) back in China or it's synthetic counterpart. Ephedra Sinica is still used as TCM to this day, but I never thought it'd be efficient to extract it to produce methamphetamine. Will be interesting to see if there is a shift from producing opium and heroin to synthetics like meth instead.