• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Advice or Help

Do not get your son arrested. Do not listen to Mork. Your son is still young and made a mistake (we all know how addictive this stuff can be). It will ruin your relationship beyond repair, permanent...like other posters have said, there are other ways to deal with this sort of problem.

I have a feeling your doctor is giving you the run around. They are like that, I can think of more than one story of doctors who have outright lied to gullible patients. Is Ativan a benzo? My aunty certainly does not think so, as her doctor told her it is like an SSRI that will help "balance" her brain chemicals (she outright took her off a 4mg daily Xanax dose without warning!).

I still do not get why it is so hard to get proper pain relief in Australia...I mean getting 5mg Endone is almost impossible to get unless you have been shot by a .308. While in the states people get 80mg single doses or some shit like that!

I really can not wait for the day when drugs are legal and doctors lose their prescription power.

Morales you say.......what fucking morales!!! Self centred, self serving addict behaviour........you can't get any worse! He needs to hit his rock bottom and hard

If I ever became addicted to and stole from my Father he would probably take your attitude and make a criminal out of me. I can say that if this ever happened it would be something that I'd never forgive him for and I see no reason teekus' son should be any different. But on top of this, I doubt this would help stop addiction. I agree it's self serving addict behaviour, but I also believe that people lose some control of their actions when addicted and do things they wouldn't normally. I believe addiction is a health issue (Most of the time). It's like you think putting people in jail helps drug addiction or something which considering how easy it apparently is to get drugs in prisons I just don't think it will help.

I feel so sorry for you teekus, People not getting access to pain medication they're entitled to breaks my heart. Perhaps if you can provide some of the witness's it may help your case when seeing your doctor.
best of luck

^ good post/insight from a non-addict.

Son needs educating, not punishment (yet). (Well you could look at it as a type of punishment that involves educating, no cops please).

There's plenty of things I'd try first before calling Mr. Plod. Make him look after you in the depths of withdrawal is one.

But this has already been covered.

Carry on with the doc issues....

Last edited:
Let's just see where everybody is in say 5 years time...,..,stay tuned, addiction only takes one direction and without a tough love intervention it's going to be hell. Not many options for an addict unless they are shown their rock bottom - there and then only is hope

Only rednecks and scum white trash call the coppers on their own kids where something a harmless as this is the crime. The types that believe the law is actually on their side, FACT; they are not. They will get anyone and not give an inch, their job is primarily to arrest anyone and anything.

Haven't been called that in a while ... Ouch! Pffft!

Keep on enabling them and tell them that it will be different if you just stop and think about how wrong it is - pat them on the back and say welcome home son - it's good to have you back again! See to overcome addiction it just takes a little will power, simple as that - now be a good boy and get my pain meds from the cupboard - there's a good son!

I removed a completely un neccessary post, there is no need for bias and prejudice in here. Just because someone is addicted to drugs does not automatically make them a thief or a liar and there is no need to state otherwise. Whether intended as a joke or not, threads like this are hardly the appropriate place.

I don't see why the someone would have to be "redneck scum white trash" to call the Police on their son for stealing a medication which they rely on. I would not personally call the Police in this scenario, but if you want to judge somebody, how about the person who is taking medications from their mother that is relying on said medication for a decent quality of life, because they feel their addiction is more important than their mothers pain?

It is pretty easy to talk shit and point fingers when you are not the one who is now suffering daily because they can't access the medicine that had been benefiting them for years.

From a perspective of helping their son, yes, calling the police is not the best course of action. For getting back on track with their prescriptions and minimizing the odds of this happening again in future, then that may be one of the better courses of action. Reading the OP, it is clear, for the purposes of this thread at least, their concern lies with re obtaining their prescription and not on finding help for their sons addiction.

At some point a parent is finished raising their child, and it is on that child to go out and make it on their own. If you would call the police on some random drug addict who stole from you, then I don't see why you would necessarily be incredibly hesitant to do so on your own child, if they are in their mid 20's or older, have been given a hundred chances and are still abusing that and stealing from you. In particular, I think stealing someones medication that they rely on to live pain free/have a decent quality of life is incredibly fucking low.

Like I said, I wouldn't personally call the police on my child for this behaviour, but I don't feel it is right to pass judgement on others for doing so. Yeah calling the cops on your 16 year old kid for smoking bongs is low, calling the cops on a repeat offender in their 20's who has caused you considerable pain and trouble is a different story.

TS14, I am curious why you feel that, if you were to steal from your father while in the throes of addiction, he should instantly forgive you and not call the Police? But on the flipside, if his brainwashing or hard headedness made him unable to see the wholly negative impact calling the Police would cause, why should you be then less obligated to forgive him at any point in future?

Teological, I don't see how you could call this crime harmless. The OP clearly relied on this medication for a better quality of life, they have now been denied access to that medication for an extended period as a direct result of this so called harmless crime.

I empathise with drug addicts as much as anyone, I just don't understand why a recreational drug addict should be afforded more sympathy than a medical drug addict who needs a medication to help with physical pain. Several people seem to be suggesting the burden is on the OP to put up with whatever situation their son puts them in, just so they can avoid making their sons situation worse, to me that makes no sense. At some point, whether you are a parent or not, you have to start putting yourself and your needs ahead of others, or your needs are simply not going to be met adequately.

Last edited:
When an addict is firing off in those front lobes there is no reasoning...it's eat kill fuck! Trying to sit down and discuss consequences or actions mean shit only the hard core action can stop them , tough love, totally alienation from family money love etc they can't be allowed to manipulate - hopefully I can say this
"What's the difference between a codependent and a toilet seat? A toilet seat doesn't follow the addict around after they've been crapped all over"

Last edited:
Thanks everyone I appreciate all your feedback. But the issue here is not my son, although it is his fault. My issue is how to require the proper medication I need. But all I'm getting is the run around. My gp says it's pain clinic, DDU problem, the ddu+pain clinic tell me it is my doc's, so what do I do???

Thank you drug-mentor.That is exactly what advice I am after, how to go about getting back my meds that I require.

Getting back on S8 were pretty easy with the right psyc and a hell of a lot of pee tests

TS14, I am curious why you feel that, if you were to steal from your father while in the throes of addiction, he should instantly forgive you and not call the Police? But on the flipside, if his brainwashing or hard headedness made him unable to see the wholly negative impact calling the Police would cause, why should you be then less obligated to forgive him at any point in future?

I didn't say he should forgive me nor would I expect that, but it's a far leap from forgiveness and criminal prosecution. I think it would be very reasonable to crack the shits at me, kick me out of home (if I still lived there) and put restraints on any help he would normally give me until I make adjustments to my life and help make up for the damage I would've done by stealing.

I'd be less obligated because I believe very vocally that turning addicts into criminals more often the not is not a justified course of action when it would most likely hinder my chances of being successful in my career. I may understand where he was coming from but I don't think calling the cops on you're own children should ever be the right answer (except in extreme cases, stealing meds multiple times for addiction does not qualify in my books even as low as it is).

I reitterate that getting a safe for meds is the best solution in this case.

I empathise with drug addicts as much as anyone, I just don't understand why a recreational drug addict should be afforded more sympathy than a medical drug addict who needs a medication to help with physical pain. Several people seem to be suggesting the burden is on the OP to put up with whatever situation their son puts them in, just so they can avoid making their sons situation worse, to me that makes no sense. At some point, whether you are a parent or not, you have to start putting yourself and your needs ahead of others, or your needs are simply not going to be met adequately.

This is a very strong argument, and I don't sympathize with a recreational drug addict more then a medical drug addict or non-addict who requires meds.

If you would call the police on some random drug addict who stole from you, then I don't see why you would necessarily be incredibly hesitant to do so on your own child, if they are in their mid 20's or older, have been given a hundred chances and are still abusing that and stealing from you.
People should be hesitant, regardless of age it's still family, and bonds between parents and children are completely different to someone and a random drug addict.

I personally know one father who got his son arrested for similar shit - bad all round at the start but I do know now that this son is clean and has his life back together with a wife and family and couldn't be closer to his father. Tough love - May take a few years but often comes back around. Guaranteed if the son wasnt arrested back then he'd be dead, a junk rat or locked up long term!