• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Advice on withdrawing from Dilaudid

eetanam

Greenlighter
Hi there, I'm new here so hopefully everything I post is ok. I have been taking for 4 months straight. It started with eating about 6mg a night to now I am snorting 16-24 mg a night. About a week ago I did go one night without doing any and by noon the next day I started to feel extreme discomfort in my arms and legs, I couldn't stop moving them it was unbearable. I didnt think only take the pills once a day at what I considered a relatively low dose would send me into withdrawal.
So now I want to stop and I have some questions. I have 8 pills left, I took last night off and am already feeling under the weather, should I take a bit at the first sign of symptoms or should I push it for as long as I can handle and take something at that point but less then what I usually do. Does any one have experience coming off a similar dose? How long and difficult will this be? What are some other tips you can give me to make this process more bearable. Like I said I didn't consider this to be a large or frequent habit compared to my friends so I didn't expect to get sick at all, so Im hoping it won't be as intense as a typical withdrawal.
Thanks in advanced

You can taper to ease withdrawal a little bit.
First day: 1 pill 3 x daily.
Second day: 1 pill 2 x daily.
Third day: 1 pill 2 x daily.
Fourth day: 1 pill 1 x daily.

This method is no promise to success but you can give it a try.
There are also some comfort meds you can use like low dose benzos, and gabapentin.

Much love my friend, I wish you luck!

Follow that taper schedule if you can. If you cannot, give your pills to a trusted friend to dose you. You will experience discomfort even after tapering, but this will minimize then. Once you detox, you will have to have a recovery plan in place.

Wowomg will tell you, relapse is a problem if you do not do the leg work. He is doing awesome so follow his advice.