• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

advice on fast tapering

kimjean

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, Have been using oral MS04 IR 30-60 mg daily for about two years. The person I was getting this from is in hosp, then is going to skilled nursing facility (in other words, illicit drugs are no longer avail) My question is I have one 30 mg IR MS04 tab left, 4 hydromorphone IR oral 8 mg, 2 hydromorphone IR oral 4 mg one hydrocodone 5 mg, three 75 mcg transdermal Fent and two 12.5 mcg transdermal Fent. Need to do fast taper-any suggestions as to how to do this would be much appreciated. Need to quit this anyway, just wasn't thinking that I would have to do it this quickly. Thank you.

I would enjoy the fentanyl first while you have it,
Then do as follows:

Day 1 - Morphine 30 mg
Day 2-4 - 4 mg hydromorph,
Day 5-7 2-3 mg hydromorph,
Day 7 - 10 - 2 mg hydro morph till you are out,

Then take the hydrocodones last as they are the weakest.

Good luck my friend

I'm going to assume ms04 is morphine since you're basically telling us only what the pill says, but most of us recognizethe ms as morphine sulfate, anyways, just take 30mgs one day then (depending if you want drugs to have fun with or not) go from the 30mgs of morphine cold turkey or waste your other opiates by prolonging the withdrawal. Personally I would just wait the two weeks or so untill you feel like you're no longer physically dependent then you can take them every other day or once in a while to stay physically non dependant, I don't know how well that will work because you stated you've been taking them daily. You need the high every single day just once in a while or on the weekends wasn't enough. For that week display of willpower I suggest getting off of them then stopping for good. People like you don't really come across as having the strength and willpower to do opiates recreationally.

Thank you for your kind response. You are right, I am not able to use opiates or opioids occasionally. You said out loud what I already knew, but needed to hear-thank you. I am sorry that I posted MSO4 for morphine sulfate. I guess my chemistry backround is showing. I should have been clearer. Thanks again.

No problem man, good luck in the withdrawal. Try to get some benzos like Ativan (Lorazepam) or Klonopin (Clonazepam). They help for the restless feeling.