• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Advice needed for heroin detox please

^^love it. I am the definition of delusional- you cannot use "a little" "twice a month "- ever. Wolfcub how are you?

The thing is, that also doesn't mean that if you do happen to use, you cant stop it from escalating to more than a little or from one event. The above kind of language puts the emphasis on the loss of control, which in recovery isn't necessarily the healthiest place to be focusing.

It is good recognize the reality of how incredibly difficult and unlikely it is to be able to go from using something according to one long standing harmful pattern to a brand new healthy pattern of using right away/presto change, but it is also very important to recognize that the power to transform ourselves into whoever we wish to become already lays in wait within ourself.

^^Very true. I am having a very bad and stressful night--it's definitely manifesting itself in negative self talk. I apologize if I brang anyone down. Very true post TPD.

Maybe I will TPD. That thread makes me sad to read right now. I was doing well and the happiest I've ever been I understand that I don't have to turn this slip-whatever anyone wants to call this-into a big mess. With a strong support system in place-this slip wouldve been handled and rectified months ago. Note to self: Get help with and have a strong support system in place. I learned the support system I believed would be there for me wasn't. This would've changed everything.

On a brighter side-you know how I'd really like to go inpatient for a month?-I happened to come across some 800# iin my sobriety search today - I called and explained (very briefly) my situation- and basically said before I get to a place where I no longer care about being clean- I want ro get help.

I live in Pennsylvania- about 30mins west of Philadelphia. He mentioned there's a place in Florida and a place called "Turning Point " in Georgia. I haven't considered going to another state-mostly due to exspense. Plane ticket, etc.

He said, without me asking, they take care of getting me there. Phew. TPD- I believe you mentioned something about somewhere in SoCal.

I don't mind going to another state if I get help w travel. A change in my current environment is imperative for my success-or failure.

As I told you, I reached out to a support system that is non-existent. That was a crushing blow. Really crushing for me. Being that it was my two best friends. One I've known since I was 3, the other since I was 5.

Sorry for rambling. I really want to get straightened out. I want to pay attention to what I'm currently going through and use it as a learning experience- which I. believe this entire journey is. I'm so tired- just exhausted- from all of this lol.

Well- I have some researching and phone calls to do and make. If I'm unable to get into the facility I was already at- it's time to find a place that accepts my insurances.

Wolfcub- I really hope you're well, and to see a post from you no matter what is going on. Being clean really is better than this crazy world of addiction. So much better. Liking yourself is a great feeling. <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I will TPD. That thread makes me sad to read right now. I was doing well and the happiest I've ever been I understand that I don't have to turn this slip-whatever anyone wants to call this-into a big mess. With a strong support system in place-this slip wouldve been handled and rectified months ago. Note to self: Get help with and have a strong support system in place. I learned the support system I believed would be there for me wasn't. This would've changed everything.

On a brighter side-you know how I'd really like to go inpatient for a month?-I happened to come across some 800# iin my sobriety search today - I called and explained (very briefly) my situation- and basically said before I get to a place where I no longer care about being clean- I want ro get help.

I live in Pennsylvania- about 30mins west of Philadelphia. He mentioned there's a place in Florida and a place called "Turning Point " in Georgia. I haven't considered going to another state-mostly due to exspense. Plane ticket, etc.

He said, without me asking, they take care of getting me there. Phew. TPD- I believe you mentioned something about somewhere in SoCal.

I don't mind going to another state if I get help w travel. A change in my current environment is imperative for my success-or failure.

As I told you, I reached out to a support system that is non-existent. That was a crushing blow. Really crushing for me. Being that it was my two best friends. One I've known since I was 3, the other since I was 5.

Sorry for rambling. I really want to get straightened out. I want to pay attention to what I'm currently going through and use it as a learning experience- which I. believe this entire journey is. I'm so tired- just exhausted- from all of this lol.

Well- I have some researching and phone calls to do and make. If I'm unable to get into the facility I was already at- it's time to find a place that accepts my insurances.

Wolfcub- I really hope you're well, and to see a post from you no matter what is going on. Being clean really is better than this crazy world of addiction. So much better. Liking yourself is a great feeling. <3

Be weary. I used a similar out of state rehab deal and just realize once your there your there until they say ok we paid for your plane ticket home. It wasn't anythink like they promised and I got stuck. Name of company was Aid-in-Recovery

Thanks for that info cj. I will write that facility name in my notes. In fact, I thought of you when the man on the pgone startwd mentioning out-of-state facilities- I remembered you saying you had that terrible experience-and were stuck... up there with my worst fears

I had never gone to rehab prior to being court-ordered to-straight from jail. I was terrified that I'd be thrown in a locked room, chained to the bed to CT off of dope and morphine. Or OxyContin while I was taking that. Strange that that fear actually manifested itself-2 CT detoxes in jail. Thrown in. a "locked room" - a cell it waa even worse than I had feared. The hallucinations-I expected. The seizures- I never saw.coming. I don't deink alcohol or take benzos on a regular basis. Wtf ?

I wonder if I'm now considered a "seizure-risk"? Ive wondered if now that I've had sezures if I'm prone to them? I read somewhere on BL someone wasn't able tk get into rehab due to being a seizure risk. And they also only experienced them during cold turkey detoxes....?

I sometimes have panic attacks thinking I'm going to have a seizure again . They scared
the fuck out of me. ??? I will do my research and try to speak with others that have been there before

I need to get out and away from here in order to have a fighting chance. I don't want to give up on me like i always do/have. I believe Im meant to be more Thankyou for the response cj.
?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rehabs that won't admit someone for being a seizure risk are generally rehabs that one shouldn't be attending for a detox, let alone treatment. But hey, at least they're honest about whom they can't handle to some degree (many places that aren't really able to safely treat people who have histories of seizures don't actually tell prospective clientele that little fact, yet admit them anyways).