• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Advice for the comedown...

I doubt it's too big of a concern.

All depends how much you use and the situation. If you were to shoot a large shot of cocaine while taking a hot shower and decided to stay in the shower for a while, problems will definately develop.

I don't know why so many of you are taking this with skepticism. I've gone through this kind of hell before personally, and was hands down the worst drug experience I've ever had.

I thought we were talking about the comedown... I agree it's not the safest thing in the world to take a hot shower while tweaking (not that it will have any real negative impact on your health), but when coming down it can't be nearly as bad.

It will have no lasting effect on your health (unless you die or go unconscious) but for the moment it definately poses some health risks.

When your coming down it is still bad, as your heart can still be heavily strained from the stimulant use for many hours later.

Just imagine someone who has heart problems getting into a hot tub. Same issues.

I was coming down when it happened to me, by the way.

I generally go for a kind of....warm shower, erring on the side of cool when I'm coming down. Just makes me feel better.

I definitely do it when I have a hangover. Cooler than usual then because I tend to see stars when I have a hot shower and am hungover to buggery.

Yeah, I don't mean to say that it doesn't have any negative consequences. I'm just saying that if you're going to do speed in the first place, that a shower isn't going to ruin the rest of your life... I agree, it is dangerous for people with heart problems to go in a hot tub. And that speed puts extra pressure on your heart. But it isn't that harmful to be in hot water when on speed just because your heart rate is higher than normal.

I guess it could just be that I don't take high amounts of speed, but I really do find it hard to beleive that it could be extremely harmful.

But it isn't that harmful to be in hot water when on speed just because your heart rate is higher than normal.

I disagree. Strongly. This is a harm reduction site. Do you think it would be appropriate if I made the same comments you have in regard to sharing needles?

VeinGravy said:
I disagree. Strongly. This is a harm reduction site. Do you think it would be appropriate if I made the same comments you have in regard to sharing needles?

What are you talking about?

All I'm saying is don't do speed in the first place if you're so damn worried about your heart. It's pretty simple

I am saying that it is dangerous to get in a hot shower/hot tub/sauna/ et cetera when high on stims, and is still dangerous even if your coming down.

Simple.

Just FYI, I hear it's dangerous to stab yourselves with sharp objects. Just something to be on the watch out for, guys.

So what was the OP's question again??? We got a little off topic I think

Anyways, I think eating a big meal before and eating a little bit during the high is the best advice. This will make the comedown a hell of a lot better. Along with drinking water and getting a good night's sleep after you come down.

Benzo's are another option, but the risk is far greater than the reward. It's best to just stick to eating and drinking plenty of water, or even non-caffeinated pop (to restore lost energy) and gatorade.

The original poster asked about advice for the comedown, some people recommended a hot shower, and I stated that is dangerous advice.

If you don't believe me or think I'm full of shit, go do a half gram of coke, and then take a hot shower. See how much fucking fun it is when your stuck in bed with extreme tachycardia for 15 hours on top of the 20 hours you've already been up - sleep deprivation delerium, tachycardia, headaches, faintness, and nearly blacking out just by dialing numbers in a phone. Hope you don't have to use the bathroom, otherwise you'll be uncomfortable as hell or black out on the way to the bathroom.

god i agree about not taking a hot shower - why wud u wanna do that wen ur on stims?
i always get so bloody hot wen im tweaking i cud melt ice cubes in 5 seconds
the only time ive eva passed out on meth was cos i was feeling sweaty and yuk so i made the mistake of jumping in the shower; i felt my heart pounding and shit then it all went black and i woke up choking on a noseful of luke-warm shower-water and diluted vomit in my hair, not pretty
just to b ignorant, is tachycardia wen ur heart does that hardout fluttery pounding u get wen ur feeling faint?

Tachycardia is when your heart rate goes above 100 BPM. In other words - really fucking high.

drug wench's experience is similiar to mine. I never passed out, I fought against it. For a few hours though I was fighting what seemed to be a losing battle, I had tunnel vision for the majority of the time, I would get extremely faint.

I layed down in bed, turned on a fan, tried to drink water when I could move a few hours later, I propped my legs on a pillow.

Come on guys, the OP was wondering how to make an amphetamine comedown better. She is talking about Dexedrine, not coke... And quit talking about taking a shower. It's not helping in any way to what the OP asked. Make a new thread if you want to talk about taking showers on stims. Lets get back to what the OP asked and quit talking about your personal issues... I dropped it long ago, now it's up to you to forget about it.

Any tips about how to make the comedown from Dexedrine better? Everyone would love to hear them.

Cocaine, methamphetamine, dextroamphetamine, 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, it doesn't matter. Don't take hot showers or jump in a hot tub or any similiar activity when your on stimulants.

Someone here gave bad advice stating that taking a hot shower will help the comedown.

I'm sure it'll be alot of help if someone decided to follow that person's advice and took a hot shower when coming down from a stimulant. See how much they like being in the emergency room.

To get more on topic...

Food and sleep are the biggest ones.

*rattle, rattle*

Who dares disturb my eternal slumber?

If you kids could familiarise your collective selves with the guidelines, i wont have to administer public bootings.

Obey The Fist.

the hot shower...

try to take a hot shower and shave your legs after an all nighter... i tell you ..definetly ... no fun. i would much rather try the dairy products, or even better when all else fails.. the cough syrup....but really nowadays, i would rather not even pull an all nighter, but it happens...

harryG said:
All I'm saying is don't do speed in the first place if you're so damn worried about your heart. It's pretty simple

BINGO! The lad has discovered the ultimate answer to all the threads in the harm reduction forums! I guess bluelight can pack up and go home now- what a champion. Dont do drugs folks, its that simple.8)

However, for those who want to stick around and indulge in speed with the least amount of harm done or discomfort during the inevitable comedown then maybe youd better stick around and get tips that arent that drastic. :)

For a start, dont fight the speed thats in your system and try to force yourself to sleep, it doesnt work. Just relax in front of a dvd or two, hydrate yourself with water or gatorade to ward off shin splints and cramps, have some magnesium supplements (muscle cramps also).
Lots of tea helps too.

Nausea- line your stomach with banana or yogo, something easy to eat. Maxolon is handy for nausea- its a common treatment for food and alcohol poisoning.

Sleeplessness: benzos are handy if you have them. If not, I have found mersyndol helps a lot (Aussie brand of painkiller, contains muscle relaxants)
Get a friend to give you a massage just as long as you dont have to give one back (harder to find than benzos though).

Spas/jacuzzis: I have one and use it occassionally, not for longer than a half hour and you should NEVER use a spa over 40C, under any circumstance so I would recommend a temperature of 36C and no higher, keeping a cool drink with you. If you are severely dehydrated dont use it, just a shower and drinks and rest.

It helps if you plan ahead of your binge and stock up with food and drinks you need to recover.

Good advice zephyr.

Definately be careful about spas/jacuzzis. Good way to keep it cautionary, it does help to clean yourself after 5 days of tweaking the fuck out. I always make sure to keep it lukewarm though. A few people have already voiced why taking a hot shower is a bad idea.