View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advice for Safety - IVing 4-AcO-DMT

Jewf_

Greenlighter
I made a post on another forum but didnt get any knowledgeable help. So i would like any information on how to IV 4-AcO-DMT. How would i create a solution? What size syringe would i want to use? I have never ivd anything and i know yall are going to say not to start with psychedelics. I plan on trying a small dose >10mg first and the most i plan to do is 15mg tops because i know i wont be able to handle any more..
My first priority is safety, so if any of you want to change my mind, im all ears. How is vasoconstriction on this substance?

This FAQ covers the two main types of injection – intramuscular and intravenous. For more information on injecting, read “Getting Off Right – A Safety Manual For Injection Drug Users. The GOR manual is comprehensive, detailed, accurate and illustrated.

MANDATORY VIEWING
Both of these images are taken from the Getting Off Right manual.

Syringe Terminology

Tying Off Diagram

For those who just want the bare bones of injecting, read on…

Why do people choose to inject?
Injection provides a more intense rush than any other method of administration. Also, the desirable effects can be achieved with smaller doses. In this sense, injection is the most economical method of delivery. Some people also say that the act of injecting can be pleasurable and somewhat addicting.

What are the risks of injecting?
For a more extensive list and more detailed explanations of the risks, read the related section in the GOR manual or check out this page ->Differential Diagnosis Of Fever In Intravenous Drug Abusers.

Here is a quick list of some problems that may result from injecting:

Site Infection – This is an infection of the injection site. When you inject, you are creating a small wound. If there is contamination on the needle or if the site becomes contaminated after injecting, then an infection may result.
Localized infection – This is an infection somewhere else in the body that has been caused by the contaminants introduced via injection. Localized infections can occur almost anywhere because your blood goes almost everywhere.
Disease – Disease can result from a pathogen entering the bloodstream along with the drugs.
Damaged blood vessels - The interior walls of blood vessels are normally totally smooth. If there are any particulate contaminants in the bloodstream, these contaminants can scratch and damage the interior walls of blood vessels. The walls of the blood vessel can also be damaged when inserting and withdrawing the needle.
Collapsed blood vessels - Collapsed blood vessels are those in which the interior wall has become scarred and heals to itself, blocking the flow of blood.
Other tissue damage – This could be muscle tissue that is damaged by injecting particulate contaminants along with the drugs when delivering an IM injection.
Arterial hits – Accidentally hitting an artery instead of the intended target. This may result in an arterial tear or rupture. This can also result in loss of a limb or life (seriously).
Visible track marks or abscesses from improper technique or poor hits.

What can I do to make injecting safer?

NEVER SHARE GEAR. This includes needles, spoons, saline solution, everything. Never, ever, ever let anyone else use your gear; and never borrow from someone else. If someone else draws saline solution from your supply with their needle, your “sterile solution” may not be exactly sterile anymore.
NEVER REUSE NEEDLES. They will have dulled; and cannot be properly cleaned.
ROTATE INJECTION SITES. Do not repeatedly inject in the same spot. Give each site time to heal.
CLEAN ALL OF YOUR GEAR BEFORE AND AFTER EVERY INJECTION. You do not want to put away dirty gear – this will promote the spread of disease, and may contaminate the container in which you are storing it.
DO NOT SHARE YOUR GEAR! Seriously, don’t do it.

What supplies does one need to inject?

Gather the following items:
A. Paper towels and rubbing alcohol or sterile alcohol wipes.
B. Syringes – Be picky and buy B&D brand syringes. Buy the 1cc long needle versions - 29gauge for IV; 25-27gauge for IM.

If your dose is not coming from a medically sound container (prepackaged ampoule, etc), you will also need:
C. Q-tips, cotton balls, or something else that can be used as a sterile filter. Do not use a cigarette filter. If you use a cotton ball, do this: tear off a small bit of cotton and roll it into a small, tight ball. This must be small – about the size of a BB, ~2mm in diameter – and TIGHT.
D. Sterile saline solution – Make certain it meets USP specs; there will be a small “USP” label on the bottle.
E. Metal spoon – Any spoon with a large and deep “spoon” portion will work well.
F. Heat source – Such as a lighter.

If you intend to perform an intravenous injection, you will also need:
G. Elastic band – Something along the lines of surgical tubing.

How does one go about self-administering an injection?
The following section is true for both intramuscular and intravenous administration.

First, lay out your gear. Using a layout with which you are comfortable, arrange your gear on a clean, flat and stable surface. If you need to, lay out a clean towel or some paper towels to make a clean surface.

Prepare your dose.
If the dose is coming from a medically sound container, do the following:

Remove the plunger cap.
Remove the needle cap.
Draw up the desired dose.
Replace the needle cap.

If the dose is coming from a supply of street drugs, do the following:

Clean the spoon. Note – there is a difference between cleaning it and sterilizing it. DO NOT use a flame to clean the spoon; just use soap and water.
Place a measured dose of drugs in the metal spoon.
Remove the plunger cap.
Remove the needle cap.
Draw up 50 units of saline solution.
Discharge the saline solution into the spoon.
Recap the needle.
Add heat to the underside of the spoon. Stir this solution with the plunger of the syringe. If the solution begins to bubble, immediately remove the heat.
---> For cocaine or other substances that are completely water soluble, do not add heat.
Drop your filter into the solution.
Uncap the needle.
Place the bevel of the needle on the filter and draw up the solution through the filter.
Recap the needle.

At this point, we diverge. The instructions that follow are for intramuscular injections. Scroll down for instructions regarding intravenous injections.

Intramuscular:

Site
For a beginner self administration, the frontal-outboard side of your thigh is a good site. Administer the injection in an imaginary box (you may want to actually draw the box on you leg if it makes you more comfortable). You are basically aiming for your vastus lateralis. Here’s how to find the site:

The top of the box should be one hands length from you hip while sitting.
The bottom of the box should be one hands width from your knee.
The inboard side of the box should bisect your thigh as seen from the top.
The outboard side of the box should bisect your thigh as seen from the side.

This site will accommodate doses of up to 5ml.

Clean the injection site.
Do this with either paper towels with rubbing alcohol, or sterile alcohol swabs. Start at the injection site, and make an outwardly-spiraling motion with the cleaning swab. Do not retrace your path.

Injecting
The injection is best given sitting or reclining.

Relax the muscle into which you are injecting.
Holding the barrel of the syringe, quickly insert the needle at an angle perpendicular to your skin. Do this in a dart-like fashion.
Gently pull back on the plunger. If blood enters the syringe, remove the needle and start again with a new needle.
Slowly push on the plunger, injecting at a rate of about 10 units per second.
When the syringe is empty, remove the needle from your leg.

Notes
If blood enters the syringe when pulling back on the plunger then immediately remove the needle. You have probably hit a vein and should not continue with the injection.

If you feel a burning pain while injecting, slow the rate of the injection.

Intramuscular Injection Related Links

IM site with process
PDF with some great graphics

Thanks to Flexistentialist for some of those links
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/75897-Intravenous-and-Intramuscular-Injection

I've never noticed vasoconstriction from 4-AcO-DMT. I've also never IVed anything but the dosage for IVed psychedelics is much lower than for other routes of admin. Get yourself some sterile water, clean rigs, and a wheel filter or some other actual filter... it will filter out anything in the powder that could be dangerous to you.

why? i doubt there's much of any recreational benefit and IV drug use carries risks. other people describe injecting psychedelics requiring another person because you can't get the plunger down and the needle out quick enough.

other harm reduction information:
-you should probably use much less than 10mg at first, probably closer to 5mg.
-in the United States you could be followed home/arrested if you purchase needles. in some states obtaining clean needles is illegal.

Last edited:
Do you have a local needle exchange?

Also I've iv 5 mg, but it had a really strong irritation possibly due to many things. I filtered with a sterilfit 5 micron filter so am at a loss why it burned. I know I have a fumaric acid form. I've actually been considering doing it again definitely around 10-15 mg as five was quite underwhelming.

Is yours a freebase powder or fumrate salt? You might need pure vit c, fumaric acid, or some other acid to cause it to dissolve. I definitely want to hear how it goes and if it causes much burn.

30 mg would be what I weeks consider a lot although 40 mg is supposed to be exponentially stronger. I don't recommend going over 5 mg increasing in between doses. Let us know how it works out :D

40 mg is very good.
Just be well prepared. Needle cap at the ready, etc.

Actually its completely legal in my state to purchase needles! And yes im reconsidering.. still dont know if im going to do it yet.

Its fumurate! Also i dont need to put a flame to it to melt right? Also where can i get a micron filter? Besides online, any shops or do they not sell them?

Wheel filter is a great idea, thanks! Where can i get one of these? Preferably not online btw. Also will i lose any of the active product if i use a wheel filter? Also i wont need to use a cotton ball correct? Or should i still use one?

You will not need to use a cotton ball... in fact you really never should as if you get a bit of cotton in your vein it can cause serious illness.

I don't IV so I don't know where to get a wheel filter but I'd just google it. Not sure if you can get them in a physical store, maybe you can. You'll lose a tiny bit of the solution you put through a wheel filter but not much. I've used one once when I IMed MXE, my friend has all the equipment and prepared it but I watched and learned.

I have a friend whose brother iv'd led….. it took 4 cops to restrain him and he ended up in the psych ward for 2 weeks. I don't see why you'd need to iv any psych.

40 mg is very good.
Just be well prepared. Needle cap at the ready, etc.

40mg or 4mg? OP should probably start with a much lower dose than 40mg. without any tolerance i think that 40mg is likely to produce hazardous amnesia and complete disconnection from reality multiple hours. the effects at this dose probably wouldn't be desirable. Shulgin reported overwhelming reactions from 1/4 of this dose with 4-PO-DMT.

TiHKAL said:
(with 12 mg phosphate ester, intramuscularly) "This is strong. There were a lot of wild images in about two hours, and I thought that the day would never end. At about six hours I knew it would, but in fact in the evening I took 100 milligrams of seconal which allowed me to drift into a fine sleep. The next day I was fine."

(with 3 mg phosphate ester, intravenously) "The effects are immediate (in 30 seconds) and I did not have the time to build up any worry -- it was simply too fast. In about an hour I was back where I started from."

(with 12 mg phosphate ester, intravenously) "I had had eight milligrams earlier, with a very good reaction. Here, today, I feel that everything has disintegrated, and I am extremely anxious. I am very confused."

i recommend against using recreational drugs intravenously. i know you make your own choices.

any specifics on how to make the saline solution for 4 AcO DMT fumarate ?

You should really consider rectal or even insufflation. Psychedelics as far as i know produce no rush, unless you consider the initial surge of absolute anxiety a rush. A rush imo is completely different than the 'high' or plateau And are common with Euphoriants.

Psychedelics don't have pleasurable come ups generally, the shorter come up time can advantageous, luckily there are alot of other routes of administration besides IV. You will hesitate, you'll struggle to get in a vein and when you do good luck registering and staying registered. I suggest a terumo 27G syringe, easiest to use while BD's require alot more effort to manipulate the plunger and will likely end with you missing.

Yea honestly 5mg when I did it took a couple minutes of burning in the veins oddly yet produced very light effects still I'd expect from a similar oral dose. I do think it's worth it, but only with a dose spot on not too much and not too little.

Edit: Definitely have someone else iv you unless it's a low dose and your experienced with sticking needles into yourself. Plus pulling out carefully after and capping it. Definitely requires assistance

It seems to me that IM is more suited for psychedelics than IV. And rectal admin is quite similar to IM, but of course much safer.