Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Addiction to Codeine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazza69MeBaby!

Greenlighter
I've been on codeine for about 3 months now, everyday. It's draining my fucking money away/doesn't even get me high no more/is affecting my bodily organisms/is affecting my social life and I'm just sick of it. I take about 1 gram of it a day, CWE. What should I do? Should I just use the old mind over matter principle and kick the habit, or go in to Outpatient Detox on the Bupe program at Biala?

If anyone can shoot me a PM about some good/great doctors in Brisbane, I'd greatly appreciate that ;). I'm not your average looking junkie, so yeah, I would prefer a doctor who keeps things on the hush hush/down-low...I can't be seen entering in/out of a fucking ORT Clinic every day! Fuck that!

Thanks fellas and ladies...:).

Not everyone is an average looking junkie, nor is everyone an average junkie. However, I do think you're a prime example of an average codeine junkie.

^ yes: what rm2x said.

It sounds like you've come to a realisation that it's simply not worth the time/effort/money to continue with CWEs. That parts clear. However, do you want to be free of opiates? Or are you sick of codeine and want an alternative - something stronger and more economically viable?

A buprenorphine program for a relatively short codeine addiction sounds like massive overkill and would complicate things in a number of ways.

If you just want off codeine, then the good news is that one of the easiest opiates to get off in the sense that you pace your own tapering schedule, and just control the whole process because you can buy the tablets yourself. You are not reliant on a doctor or a system to tell you how much of what you get, and when you have to stop.

Definitely don't go on maintenance unless you want to make your habit much, much worse. Codeine addiction is more psychological than anything, the physical addiction is usually very minor. I used codeine daily for over a year and quit with only extremely mild physical symptoms. Being primarily psychological in nature doesn't necessarily mean it's easy to quit though.

What are you hoping to get from a doctor? What methods have you tried to use to quit? What is it that you're finding hard about quitting? There are a many different ways people deal with addictions and dependences. It's hard to give you more advice without more specific information. You could check out the recovery section of the forum, or our quitting and tapering thread.

I'm not your average looking junkie

The thing about junkies is that most of them don't look like the average junkie, but because of that, you tend not to notice their being a junkie :p

Not everyone is an average looking junkie, nor is everyone an average junkie. However, I do think you're a prime example of an average codeine junkie.

Yeah, but it's pretty fucking obvious who uses street grade heroin as opposed to the housewife who took codeine at first, liked it, took a bit more and noticed that she got high and then progressed from that, into full frontal liver damage and a 32 mg Subuxone per day habit, ain't it buddy?

Don't appreciate your input.

^ yes: what rm2x said.

It sounds like you've come to a realisation that it's simply not worth the time/effort/money to continue with CWEs. That parts clear.

Exactly.

However, do you want to be free of opiates? Or are you sick of codeine and want an alternative - something stronger and more economically viable?

Nah mate. I want to be off all opiates. I'm sick of feeling like shit 24/7.

A buprenorphine program for a relatively short codeine addiction sounds like massive overkill and would complicate things in a number of ways.

Okay. So that rules out Biala.

If you just want off codeine, then the good news is that one of the easiest opiates to get off in the sense that you pace your own tapering schedule, and just control the whole process because you can buy the tablets yourself. You are not reliant on a doctor or a system to tell you how much of what you get, and when you have to stop.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Thanks for the advice, pal. You're a fucking legend.

Definitely don't go on maintenance unless you want to make your habit much, much worse.

Tick.

Codeine addiction is more psychological than anything, the physical addiction is usually very minor. I used codeine daily for over a year and quit with only extremely mild physical symptoms. Being primarily psychological in nature doesn't necessarily mean it's easy to quit though.

Shit yeah. The psychological symptoms is where it's at with all addictions, not just codeine...

What are you hoping to get from a doctor?

Advice as to what to do, instead I figured that you guys would be fucking awesome at helping a young fuck-head out.

What methods have you tried to use to quit?

Haven't been bothered as of late.

What is it that you're finding hard about quitting?

That relief of anxiety that you get after drinking that water/popping pills.

There are a many different ways people deal with addictions and dependences. It's hard to give you more advice without more specific information. You could check out the recovery section of the forum, or our quitting and tapering thread.

Okay I will provide you guys with more information soon.

Thanks for the help.

hahaha Sounds like codeine addiction is the least of you're worries, might also want too look into treatment for behavioral problems.

^ yeah. Kazza, your initial comment about needing different treatment from a doc because you don't consider yourself the average junkie is incredibly ignorant. But being an arse because you haven't received advice that suits *you* is not acceptable. Considering that, and because you haven't elaborated on any specific areas you would like advice on, I am closing this thread. We already have several codeine addiction threads here. You may find some useful information in them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.