• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addiction is war

Rodeobaby

Greenlighter
I just want to say to anyone out there fighting with addiction, you are not alone. Every body has an addiction. Every one has demons. We all have to hit rock bottom. Thats how we learn. Ive been on both sides of it. I went too far a few times. Do I wish I never took that first pill that my husband gave me? No I dont. I went thru hell but I did it to myself. I have comento terms with the monster inside me. I never understood why someone would need to be under the influence of anything. I never drank alcohol not even a sip, never touched a cigarette to my lips and never needed to get high to get through the day. Itll never happen to me. Thats what I thought. But it did and it can spiral out of control before you even realize you have a problem. Dont give up. This is a battle I fought to long and should have stopped when it started. You are a solider. You are fighting in war. You cant give up or back down because it gets to hard. Its time to buck up. You will not die fighting this devil called addiction. You will win. You can do it. Ther are millions of people who have been thru much worse and guess what, they made it. It may take longer than you hoped but one day you will be able to wake up and live your life free, finally. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways. I still have courage. I hope you do too.

^I'm glad that you are feeling the courage. It is hard and it can be so exhausting. And there is the pain of whatever made that substance feel like a perfect fitting glove on your life. Many layers. Come on over to Sober Living and share your experiences and thoughts with others there--it will be appreciated!:)

Is there a particular reason you are sharing this with us OP? Just curious. Welcome to BL btw!

Just wanted to share come encouraging words. I did slip into occasionally using but it new asnt to get high or escape troubles it was me not being able to get my medicin
e due to insurance. I cant remember when I last did it but its been almost a year. I never want to do it again I did so little and still got nausea. I guess I realized that I didnt want to go down that road because ive lost countless friends and family due to drugs. I am so ready to go for a better life. I need support I have a useless husband but that a different story.

Its a hell of a ride if you can just survive the pain.

I'm confused as your story is all over the place...in one thread you mention being "addicted" to tramadol and then occasionally using little bits of heroin here and there. In a different post you say your clean. In another post in a different thread you seem to be judging addicts pretty hard, just what is going on and what do you need support with aside from your domestic situation? Your typing kind of indicates that you may be high as there are a lot of typos and a lack of punctuation...what's going on? I'm not trying to be rude, I am just seeing many inconsistencies and am confused...