• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Adderall/Ritalin on MDMA Comedown a Bad Thing?

AcidGrad

Greenlighter
To cut to the chase, my friend's co-worker mentioned it's very bad to take amphetamines after rolling. I haven't found any information on this, though. He's pretty smart about these things, though. The only possible thing I could think of would be Serotonin Syndrome but I'm not sure about that.

Any advice, experiences, something? It seems like it could be good emotionally (5-HTP would probably be better though) but maybe it increases the risk of brain damage? Dunno. Thanks in advance.

Yeah it would significantly increase neuro-toxicity, make the comedown HORRIBLE and you would probably feel like shit

I have taken Adderall the day after a roll twice. After a small rush of feeling positive and ready to take on the day, it just made me feel sort of cracked out. Nothing too bad, just unnecessary. Knowing that it increases neuro-toxicity as Folley just suggested, I would highly advise against it.

Last edited:
Yeah it would significantly increase neuro-toxicity, make the comedown HORRIBLE and you would probably feel like shit

Yea, pretty much...
The best thing for the comedown is downers. IE bud, benzos, opiates..Ketamine :D

^this.
dont even risk it. if you need the emotional boost eat something healthy or go workout:\
5HTP ftw

your default state will be "crap" anyway..add speed you raise the bar to "crap times ten"

Yep, I took Adderall for 2 days after my roll (being stupid and not taking into consideration the fact that this could be harmful) and had a terrible hangover for 3 days. Ugh. Never again.

I couldn't think of anything worse than taking adderall while coming down... just go to sleep. take benzo's if necessary.

Taking a dopaminergic substance while coming down is not a great idea, seeing as in theory the neuro-toxicity comes from dopamine invading your serotonin receptors while they are drained and still active from MDMA.

i used to always bump amphs when i'd come down, you wont get serotonin syndrome.

Ritalin (methylphenidate) and adderall (amphetamine salts) have different effects, although both are dopaminergic. Methylphenidate is a norepinephrine/dopamine reuptake inhibitor, while amphetamine is a norepinephrine/dopamine releasing agent that elicits its effects by reversing the direction of transport.

Consider the different effects when combined with MDAI (a non-neurotoxic analogue of MDMA). Amphetamine results in MDMA-like neurotoxicity, while DRIs like methylphenidate increase dopamine levels but do not induce a neurotoxic effect. So while Adderall is likely to be a poor choice during the MDMA comedown, it's less clear that Ritalin would be harmful. In fact, it may be neuroprotective as reactive oxygen species derived from dopamine can't damage cells if there's no transport to carry they in. Although the comedown may be too late for this to be effective m

Whether Ritalin would be subjectively pleasant at that point is another matter entirely.