• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall helps anxiety and restlessness?

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hi everyone!

I've been using adderall on and off for 2 years now. Mostly for studying and exams, but in the last 2 months recreationally. About 2 month ago I kicked a 3 months daily kratom habit. Ever since then I had some kind of internal anxiety and tension. Also right when I quit kratom I've been smoking weed pretty much the whole time to help with the symptoms. Unfortunately weed makes me super lazy and all I do is lay in bed, watch netflix, and eat snacks. Whenever I stop smoking all my restlessness and agitation are very aggravated. Its different from regular anxiety because its more of me being constantly frustrated and feeling restless and unsatisfied throughout the day. I also have some kind of IBS because I have random diarrhea throughout the day thats aggravating my anxiety. I became much more and more short tempered and grumpy. This is creating all kinds of conflicts with multiple people in my life and its clear to me that something needs to change.

Weed has helped me alot with most of the symptoms, but at this point daily use is becoming a problem. getting stoned relaxes me and makes me laugh, but it kills all the motivation to do anything productive with myself.

So far, the best solution has been adderall, which is of course very unhealthy and only helps short term. I take it 2-3 times a week. On the days I don't take it I use DXM, Magnesium, L-tyrosine, and Agmatine for tolerance and dopamine upregulation. I also do regular cardio and weight lifting 4-5 times a week, which honestly only makes me feel better WHILE im working out.

60-80mg adderall throughout the day make me feel very calm, content, and happy to be alive. All my anxiety and tension are gone and I feel like almost nothing can make me upset or agitated. Upset stomach is gone and it eliminates any diarrhea. It feels like a perfect drug (minus the appetite suppression and vasoconstriction) until the comedown..

I find this pretty strange because I read multiple posts from people saying that amphetamine aggravates their anxiety, makes them restless, causes diarrhea and worsens IBS. How come I experience the opposite of that?

TL; DR: I found adderall to be the best solution for my internal anxiety, constant restlessness, short temper, agitation, and IBS (diarrhea). Is this common? Did I permanently damage neurotransmitters in my brain with adderall, kratom, and weed abuse? I really want to go back to normal and stop being dependent on any drugs. I know do not have ADHD because of my past academic performance. I am not sure myself, but I'm assuming I developed ADHD like symptoms from excessive laziness during the past year, personality change(I'm 18 ), and substance abuse. Is this permanent?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

I have ibs and can sympathise. Go to the Dr, get checked for chrones and such like and if they come back clear then you will, like me, get a script for loperamide. Loperamide will allow your stomach to work like a normal persons stomach- no more diahrear. An ssri might help the ibs related anxiety- paroxitine is the best for ibs D type. That's what I got on aged 19. I'm 38 now and still use loperamide as and when and the ssri 10-15mg, on and off over the last 18 years. I can lead a normal life.
Pot will increase anxiety, stay away from it.