• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall and Xanax

Where do you live that a doctor will prescribe those two meds together? I'm prescribed both and my doctor was arrested last week. I'm freaking out trying to find another doc who will prescribe both to me so I don't go into some serious withdrawals of both!

Speaking of, if you want an honest opinion, you should definitely not take either and find a new doctor!! Unless, of course you were already taking one of those drugs. So I guess to give u the best answer I'd need more details, like:

- were you previously prescribed either one? If so, which one?
- have u tried anything other than benzos to manage your anxiety? I say this cuz if u can avoid taking benzos, DO IT ANY ALL COST!! Benzo withdrawal is as bad or worse than opiate withdrawal. If u can manage your anxiety any other way, I'd strongly suggest doing so
- how badly do u need Adderall? It's not physiologically addictive but VERY addictive nonetheless
- Could u do without the Adderall?
- Did the doctor try giving you any non narcotic drugs (provigil, Concerta, etc) BEFORE Adderall?

Sorry, so many questions!! And frankly, the best advice I can give u is GET A SECOND OPINION!!

Not sure of your experience with drugs, legal or not, but I'm a middle-aged junkie who's struggled with addiction my entire life. Mostly I was a functioning addict and actually had some great successes in my life when I got off street drugs and ONLY took my Adderall daily. I did that for 10 yrs. But once I realized my doc would also prescribe Xanax, I couldn't resist!! Now I've been taking both daily for a decade and I've been clean off non-legal drugs for 3 yrs and doing really good. I'm terrified of what will happen if I don't find a doc who will prescribe both in the next few weeks.

If you can avoid going thru what I've endured by simply checking out a different doc, then do it!!

Please excuse the chaotic nature of my post. I hope to hear from you with answers to above. Thanks in advance!
I was on 1mg xanax 3 x day for like 3 years then I stopped taking it and then I decided I needed back on then he put me back up to the 2mg 2x day...but it wasn't like I was getting sick from not having them I just stopped taking them and I was doing ok and then some things came up in my life where I realized that I needed to be back on them and that's what he put me on