• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Adderall / Alcohol

CookieJoe221

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I drink 2-3 times a week, sometimes a good amount, mostly beer. I don't have ADHD but I have a 20 mg Adderall prescription. I usually only take it only on the weekends to stay up later, no more than 40-60 mg in a day, always only 10-15 mg at a time every few hours or so. I can sometimes be a bit of a hypochondriac so I made the mistake of reading up on alcohol and Adderall and there's varying opinions, while I know it's not on the level of cocaine mixed with alcohol but do you think there would be any major impacts health wise long term at the level I do it? Have been doing it about 2 or 3 years. Also I should note I workout 4-5 times a week, drunk a lot of water, take multivitamins, COQ10, fish oil, magnesium supplements and probiotics to try to help with harm reduction as much as possible.

Taking stimulants when you drink can mean that you drink a lot more than you usually would without getting inebriated as much. So you tax your liver a lot more without realising and you still get the hangover to pay for it. It's weird, I lose all interest in alcohol when I take amps. Can't see the point in mixing them.

Taking stimulants when you drink can mean that you drink a lot more than you usually would without getting inebriated as much. So you tax your liver a lot more without realising and you still get the hangover to pay for it. It's weird, I lose all interest in alcohol when I take amps. Can't see the point in mixing them.
I'm pretty good at knowing when I've had too much to drink and stopping it. I was mainly talking in terms of my organs and stuff.

At the levels you are talking about and given you are basically live a healthy life I doubt you've got much to worry about.

No significant cause for concern at the doses one can extrapolate are involved in this situation.

The bigger question/issue is where is all this leading and why are you abusing a stimulant prescription in the first place 🤔 These trajectories rarely result in good things (though sometimes its mostly benign -- yet always symptomatic of a larger problem).

No significant cause for concern at the doses one can extrapolate are involved in this situation.

The bigger question/issue is where is all this leading and why are you abusing a stimulant prescription in the first place 🤔 These trajectories rarely result in good things (though sometimes its mostly benign -- yet always symptomatic of a larger problem).
I use it to stay up later. During the week I'm usually tired by 9 or 10. I like to stay up later on the weekends. Sometimes I go out or sometimes to game or watch movies. And agreed i definitely try to monitor and will continue to monitor how much I do and i make sure I don't do it at all 4-5 days a week. Don't want it increasing past the point its at currently. It's been the sweet spot and Definitely want to make sure it stays that way. Very important to me

Probably not major health concerns, at least besides what it could do to your heart.

What a shit combo in terms of recreational use tho.

Drinking Alcohol with amphetamine isn't even especially good or nice but the after effects just suck big time. The combination of being hung over and having a stimulant comedown is just horrible. Last time i did it was a good 15 years ago and I don't have even the slightest urge do it again. I feel like this (after effects of combining alcohol with amphetamine) is the most physically taxing after effects i've ever experienced. You can feel your heart pounding like it could explode any moment for a fuc*ing long time. And the overall feeling is just really bad and not being able to sleep it off (because of the amphetamine) just sucks.