• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants adderall addiction and meth usage

threnody

Greenlighter
I have a few questions concerning the process of tapering off of Adderall as well as several other questions regarding meth. I have been consistently using Adderall for 4+ years at 15 mg a day prescribed, but usually more if I acquire elsewhere. Quitting cold turkey was hell and at the moment, I do not have the luxury of staying in bed for two weeks. I am considering the step down method in order to get off completely, but I do not think that I will have my prescription after another month or two. I'm not sure what to do at that point since I am in the process of moving across the country and I really need to be consistently active and on top of things.

Another solution I was considering was using very small doses of meth to taper off, as that is more readily available. However, I do not want to trade one addiction for another. I plan on using some vitamins (B12, B6, C, K) to help me in this process, but I was wondering if there were other substances or methods that would help me. I am pretty desperate to be biochemically independent from this substance and would like some advice please.

*sigh please don't do meth. Using too many stimulants is what got you in this situation in the first place, more stimulants aren't going to help you get out of it, esp. not meth of all things. Tapering with a street drug is not something you should attempt.

L-Tyrosine is a great supplement to aid recovery from stimulant use. It gives you some dopamine that would be lacking

What should I do once I no longer have any access to Adderall then? OTC products would probably help, but I doubt it would be much against the shitstorm of going cold turkey at that point. I've looked online and the resources are kind of sparse regarding this addiction. Most of it is "deal with it" and lay in bed which isn't really an option for me at this point. I would have planned in advance, but this was extremely unexpected. :/

Amphetamine dependence is mostly psychological. 4 years is a decent amount of time to be using daily, but at roughly 15mg/day, you're really not looking at anything that horrible. It's probably not what you want to hear, but time is the only thing that will truly heal whatever damage you may have done and "tapering" stimulants or switching to a stronger one is only going to prolong the inevitable. In the meantime, consider picking up some L-Tyrosine, a B-Complex and your preferred caffeine source to ride it out. As always, make sure you're eating healthy, getting exercise and sleeping enough (you will most likely want to sleep more in the first few days/weeks).

What should I do once I no longer have any access to Adderall then? OTC products would probably help, but I doubt it would be much against the shitstorm of going cold turkey at that point. I've looked online and the resources are kind of sparse regarding this addiction. Most of it is "deal with it" and lay in bed which isn't really an option for me at this point. I would have planned in advance, but this was extremely unexpected. :/

I don't know what you should do, only what you shouldn't do, and that's meth lol

Help

SWIM has a very close friend whom SWIM cares for very much. SWIMS friend is a recovering heroin addict, and has been clean for 2 years, however,SWIM is becoming very concerned. Said friend is by no means clean. Substitution has always been an issue. There are many substances that SWIMS friend uses to get off on, but Adderall is the worst. Said friend has become so dependent on Adderall that some days said friend takes up to 120mgs just to get out of bed in the morning. When Adderall is gone , said friend sleeps for days at a time. Does not even get up for food sometimes . Swim is trying very hard to help friend manage, but swim is scared it may be too late. Swim has experimented with many substances including Adderall. And swim knows first hand how rough the comedown is emotionally. Swim fears that friend may someday not be able to handle the crash due to the high doses. Friend has special circumstances where Adderall needs to be in system . Which at first was not a problem. But now cannot be controlled. How will friend be able to kick habit if friend needs substance in system? Swim has never dealt with full blown addiction personally. Thankfully swim has the ability to pick things up and put them down. But swim desperately wants friend to be ok and desperately needs advice.