• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Relapse Adderall 20IR down the toilet

Beefy

Bluelighter
Hey guys, So years ago, every now and then I would pop a few adderalls with friends and they were fun. Felt great, the high was great but the crash sucked as always.
So at my recent psychiatrist appointment, I was asked If I wanted to have a prescription for adderall. I thought, sure, why not?
Right when I got them, I took 2 and it felt amazing! The Euphoria and rush was just like old times. I really enjoyed it, and I liked it because it only lasted 6 hours.
I used to do crystal a lot back in the day and I didn't think there would be any problem with that, but boy was I wrong!
pretty soon, you start chasing the euphoria high. but all that happens is, you are high, but wide awake and alert.
You're not euphoric anymore. so you pop like 7, 8 ,9 pills late, and your dopamine runs out.

Which means I had to give them a break and sleep for about 3-4 days.
But when I started them again, the first two pills are always the more euphoric pills, and then it's the same old buzzy, tweaked high.
So I really didn't want to keep repeating this cycle anymore.
But I still had so many pills and I KNEW sooner or later, this weekend maybe, I would pop more pills to feel good.
It did wonders for my depression and self-esteem. made me get out of bed and lose weight. but towards the end, you aren't really that productive in areas you wish you were productive in.
You're just reading anything you can find online or you're glued to facebook. Plus the crash was really making me hella depressed. at one point I even cried.

So today while meditating, I asked for guidance. And the idea popped in my head and I saw that as the answer to this horrible cycle I had dug myself in.
I flushed 19 pills down the toilet, I just saved one because today I have to help a friend move some bags and I haven't slept yet.
But right now I have NO MORE adderalls. I'll finally get normal rest from now on.
I'm just hoping and praying to have the strength to be able to say no, when the psychiatrist asks me if I Want to refill my medication.
I thought it would really be great for my depression and I daydream since junior high school, and docs prescribe that to kids, but it's not that bad.

thats great that you had the willpower to flush them. its difficult to do whatever it takes to stop the cycle of relapses, so props to you. if you're worried about having the strength to say no when you see your psych, why not work up the strength before then and call and tell them you dont want it renewed?