PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Active ingredients cut with Ketamine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplesocks

Greenlighter
So I recently had what was sold as, and seemed very much like, Ketamine. The subjective experience was similar, but definitely not Ketamine. It looked indistinguishable, had a very similar onset and duration, and tasted somewhat similar. However, there was no evidence of any of the visual or psychedelic effects, instead it just made me extremely confused and uncoordinated, and made me feel quite sick. To put a less fine point on it, instead of feeling dissociated, I just felt fucked up. I realise that these effects are also common with ketamine, but I've had enough experience with ketamine to know that it definitely wasn't ket. I think to someone less experienced or familiar with Ket they definitely would not have noticed.

My question is, what else could this potentially be, or perhaps to expand the question a bit, what active ingredients is ketamine often cut with? Or else is, is there somewhere I can send a sample to get it tested?

Send it to energy control, based in spain they will tell you exactly what it is. Other than that you can send it to extascydata.org but its 100$ for anything not mdma afaik.

Sorry, the forum does not allow ID threads. We cannot guess what drug someone took based on effects, or when you think it is laced (cut with actives = laced)... although of course it could just as easily be another drug altogether misrespresented as K.

What I do want to point out is that recently a number of other compounds have surfaced such as O-PCM / DCK, and O-PCE that add to the possibilities of drugs getting passed off as K. Before those there were still possibilities but the potential compounds would have been 'less chemically related' to K such as PCP analogues.

It's pointless to guess or more actively speculate though, and Energy Control is a good suggestion.^

Yeah, I was trying to avoid an ID as I know that's not possible - I was interested in what compounds it could have potentially been. I know loads of research chemicals trying to emulate ketamine have surfaced recently but have no experience with them all, eg Mxe, and some of them are now being sold as ketamine in some places.

There is no way we can speculate what it is. Send it to e.c you will get the results in like a month breh.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid an ID as I know that's not possible - I was interested in what compounds it could have potentially been. I know loads of research chemicals trying to emulate ketamine have surfaced recently but have no experience with them all, eg Mxe, and some of them are now being sold as ketamine in some places.

The general question can be answered simply and generally: it could potentially have been other dissociatives. :)

As I already indicated: some are more similar to ketamine and would therefore have a bit higher chance of being accepted as ketamine although the really very similar ones like 2-fluoro-DCK don't seem likely to be misrepresented as K, it just doesn't seem like a realistic business strategy. And we could start listing things like the durations of actions of dissociatives, but that is just all way too much speculation that won't help you anyway - the real answer stays it could be some random dissociative (some just being extremely unlikely because they don't fit the effects even closely) and you won't know until it is analyzed.

Unfortunately as above, we can't really speculate on what it could have been cut with; I mean it could be anything. I guess you just gotta chalk this one up as a lesson learned buddy. Consider sending a sample off if you'd like to know for sure what's in it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.