Acid trips and homelessness

Phillazilla_666

Greenlighter
I have been homeless since I was 16
the day I turned 18 I moved out to Las Vegas and became addicted to meth that lasted 6 months
took me awhile to re cooperate from that seeing as I was (Spinning)
I am now 19 and living at home
about 3 weeks ago I took acid and saw myself homeless somehow because I had taken the acid
I was enslaved to a life of homelessness (delusional??)
Is it possible that acid is somehow linked to homelessness
I freaked so bad that I was on sitting there trying to make recollection of my life and what its become and I
found myself face to face with only pen and paper and the only thought I could form was to begin my suicide
note
Also I have psychotic depression
Not an experienced tripper though I have tripped several times
any information would be greatly appreciated
I would like to fix the problem and come to light of enjoying my trips before I order my DOC PLZ and THX

Oh and long time lurker first time poster :D

You have 'Psychotic' depression? I've never heard that term before, but it sounds severe. The fact that you were homeless at such a young age, I'd imagine has in way severely impacted you mentally. This coupled with depression, is not a good recipe for tripping. I'm sure the substance brought out these fears and insecurities, and forced you to face how real they were.

Acid has a way of putting a mirror in front of you're soul, allowing you to see yourself at angles and perspectives you never thought possible. Take the trip as a positive experience, learn from it and become stronger. Bad trips, once over, can in fact be turned into good ones. The way to do so is to simply learn from them. It's never a bad trip if you learned something positive from it.

I don't know of psychotic depression either, but if you're psychotic/at risk of psychosis I wouldn't suggest taking drugs such as LSD.
LSD takes away filters through which you see the world, it gives you new perspectives and you think about things in ways that are uncommon in your sobriety.

Also, how'd you manage to lurk BL whilst homeless? Using the computers at a library or? Just curious.

OP,

To set the record straight, we are not going to sit here and tell you how to fix things so you can "Enjoy your trips". That's not what we are hear for. We are hear to help you come away from that, or discuss your mental health, but in no way are we saying anything in order for you to have enjoyable trips.

LSD / Acid / Blotters, what ever you want to call it is a highly psycho-active drug and it sounds to me that it's not happy with you and your depression. I am not entirely sure I understand your question of, "Is it possible that acid is somehow linked to homelessness". There is no drug that is linked with any human condition such as that. I suppose LSD like any drug or alcohol can eventually lead to homelessness depending on how many bridges you burn, but in no ways do LSD and homelessness go hand in hand.

LSD can cause all kinds of trips, good and bad, and you never know which as there are far to many variables that influence your trip one what or another. Also as the other guys were saying, LSD and your mental illness (psychotic depression) are not a good pair. It is likely that your depression may creep and come out while you are very vulnerable under the influence of LSD. Honestly, your setting yourself up to some seriously bad trips. LSD kind of can act as a magnifying glass on your brain, and the more your depressed the worse your trips may become. Not only that but LSD can cause lasting, life long issues. It has been known to put people into major depressive states.

I wouldn't take my chances if I were you. Once roll of the dice and you could crap right out... I hope you understood that metaphor.

I think it's best not to use LSD as things are with you.. Why would you want to risk it? I have even read that people with severe depression under the influence of LSD and other drugs for that matter, are more likely to commit suicide as, like I said earlier LSD can magnify your current emotions and with your condition could prove to be very dangerous.

Be careful man. Please try to think twice (or more) before you do another hit. I hope you will take this to heart and that you can make some changes. Best of luck to you!

Pain

I'm not saying people with mental illnesses should go out and start doing hallucinogens, but I've always felt that society was too wary/cautious/over-protective or that I was "less fragile" than the majority of people, either way I've felt that many warnings (towards me) are unnecessary.
I mean sure, having (a predisposition) to a mental illness would raise the chances of something bringing it out, but I've done drugs because I was depressed, and even to this day still do so. I think they can help, and it's really hard to say "they" and "drugs" as so many different drugs do vastly different things.
I mean, I've known people who are "mentally healthy" or "stable" or whatever you want to call it who have developed serious mental issues after a bad trip and needed therapy, and I've also known people who are in a really bad place who have found using drug therapeutic (i.e. me)
Now, this is sort of OT since OP did have a bad trip, and to me at least, that's a warning sign to stay away.
I guess I shouldn't have said anything really. You're just trying to help and it's relevant, I guess I've got to deal with my own feelings surrounding the way people act out their good intentions as opposed to just making counter points when it has no value (in this instance)
Eh, anyway, flashbacks are also common on LSD and since you were homeless. Look, we can't tell you what's going on in your head.

"I would like to fix the problem"

Uh, there is no magical fix. If one does psychedelics, one has to be prepared for the possibility of a less pleasant look into one's psyche. There are things you can do to minimise the chance of having an unpleasant experience (mood and setting accounts for a lot and having different stimuli around can act as a distraction), but you can't totally eliminate the possibility. If you're not prepared for such experiences, you're better off not doing LSD.

I am more concerned with you being so young and homeless. I used to work with runaways. Do you have any type of support?

Acid plays with your brain it take feelings and makes them stronger it takes memorys and lets you live them again. Really on a aci trip anything can happen. I think most probaly you were concernt about living on the street again before on the acid or while on acid.

Tripping on LSD is like playing with fire in a stack of hay. LSD can do anything to you. The only way to be safe is not to do it <triggering info removed>.

Last edited by a moderator:
LSD isn't like playing with fire in a haystack, nor can it do anything to you, nor smoking weed being safe if you're prone to psychotic breaks. (I mean Cannabis does have anti-psychotic features but THC does quite the opposite)
I'm not meaning to be disrespectful lars but how can you comment on something you've never experienced?

I am more concerned with you being so young and homeless. I used to work with runaways. Do you have any type of support?

THx XD but there's not much anyone can do to help myself exccept for this --->guy
No no support
I never used to be so anti social but the past 6 months have been hell since I know I'm not like this and use to be so extremely bright and fruitful (mentally)

Pennies for thoughts
theory: the safest self medication is throuugh use of psychoactives?

LSD and other hallucinogens have been known to bring out latent mental disorders along with cause people to experience "episodes". As someone mentioned LSD alters your brains natural filters, basically think of it as temporarily rewiring a circuit board. Someone who suffers from such disorders should NOT use hallucinogens or dissociatives. Really any drugs can be potentially hazardous but some more than others. I believe to have a good LSD trip relies on a few things; setting (location), current emotions, current situations (friends, fellow trippers, etc), other medications (possibly interactions), and an open mind. If one of these is not sitting well with you, prepare for a possible rough trip. Especially novice trippers will have difficult trips, experience yields better results.

LSD isn't like playing with fire in a haystack, nor can it do anything to you, nor smoking weed being safe if you're prone to psychotic breaks. (I mean Cannabis does have anti-psychotic features but THC does quite the opposite)
I'm not meaning to be disrespectful lars but how can you comment on something you've never experienced?

I could not disagree with you more, while this may be your experience with the drug, it is a proven fact that LSD can cause severe Psychosis. This combined with a person who is already mentally unstable can lead to very bad things. I can't help but wonder why you are promoting LSD as you are? This is not some benign chemical compound you are dealing with here. While tests were done in the 60's or 70 I believe, to show that LSD actually had some medical benefits, you have to understand that they did not use the same LSD from which you can purchase on the streets. What they tested with was a chemical compound found within LSD that gives LSD it's hallucinogenic properties. So they just used the chemicals with in the drug that they were using in these test.

I am not trying to start any debate or argument here but in the essence of harm reductions, we are simply saying that this drug is not ideal for the OP. Whether or not he continues to use it is his choice, but in no way would I ever tell someone that LSD is not harmful. It most certainly be harmful, it has been harmful. Many people have died due to LSD and this should not be looked at lightly.

I am going to hop out of this debate as I disagree with the they way you are portraying to the OP as well I have already given my advise earlier on. I will allow the OP to take what he can from this, I just do not want to be involved in a debate about the dangers, or in your case lack there of, with regards to the drug. I feel that it would be hypocritical and against my own judgement.

Sorry guys,

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Good luck OP, and please use extreme caution here, and what ever it is you decide to do, please do so with common sense. Also it would not hurt to google LSD and try to learn a little bit more about this drug.

Here is the site I forgot to post for you to read...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysergic_acid_diethylamide

Pretty much all you need to know about LSD, it's a good read for people who have not had any experience with this drug or perhaps did, but didn't know the details of the history and what you may be putting into your body and mind.

My very best to you and I hope start to get better for you. Any questions never be ashamed to ask. As they say, the only dumb question is the one that was never asked!

Pain

Last edited:
I never insinuated it couldn't lead to a psychotic break, in fact I thought I was doing the opposite with my comment about Cannabis.
You need to learn to discern defending and promoting, because if you read my previous post you would see that I said
OP did have a bad trip, and to me at least, that's a warning sign to stay away.
Also, would you be able to give me the source of that? I didn't know they only used precursors to LSD and not LSD itself, so it'd be nice to see a source (or two)
Again, I didn't imply that it was "ideal" for OP, quite the opposite.
What deaths are you referring to?

Tripping is an inward journey from my experience. In my opinion it should be used more as a "therapeutic" drug instead of a "fun" drug. I personally love LSD for its mind expanding properties and even my drug court assessor wants to talk to me about my LSD experiences since she worked with some of the original medicinal LSD researchers back in the 60's. It has great potential to aid people with certain conditions when the trip is facilitated by a TRAINED PROFESSIONAL. This does NOT mean you will treat your ptsd or anxiety by eating a 10-strip at a music festival. Also, I have not read about any deaths directly related to the chemical of LSD. Sure, there are careless people who trip and do reckless behavior and die but as far as I recall LSD itself was not responsible for death. Some research chemicals similar in effect to LSD have been fatal to people such as DOB and DOC due to the change in blood pressure in what not in greater effects than LSD. The blood vessel dilation offered by LSD and mushrooms actually is one of the very few treatments for patients with cluster headaches. An analogue of LSD, Bromo-LSD is non-hallucinogenic and can completely eliminate cluster headaches (aka suicide headaches). Go go therapeutic LSD!

DeathDomokun;10517511]LSD isn't like playing with fire in a haystack, nor can it do anything to you, nor smoking weed being safe if you're prone to psychotic breaks. (I mean Cannabis does have anti-psychotic features but THC does quite the opposite)
What a very strange post, it's a bit old but I really needed to comment on this one having been a heavy user of both substances in the past.

First is all LSD is well know for triggering psychosis, if you've been around the drug for any period of time you will either have realised this yourself or have seen someone else get into trouble, personally I lost a close friend after he decided, after having taken one of the strongest micro dot I've ever experienced to take another about an hour in. He never recovered, developed paranoid psychosis and damaged hi liver trying to kill himself on APAP. I haven't seen him in years now but he spent a great deal of time in a secure mental facility.
I would tend to agree that people who suffer long term issues after taking LSD probably have some underlying mental health issues, but theses may never have become a significant problem if they hadn't taken the LSD, and given most people with those type of issues probably are not aware of them, as assessing yourself objectively is impossibly by definition I don't under stand your statement of "LSD isn't like playing with fire in a haystack, nor can it do anything to you"

Both parts seem totally incorrect, especially saying it can;t so anything to you, what do you mean by that, even drinking a glass of water does something to you.

Then you go on to say "I mean Cannabis does have anti-psychotic features but THC does quite the opposite" THC is the active component in cannabis ?? so I'm at a loss as to what you are trying to get at with that statement. I smoked cannabis daily for 15 years, gave it up along with tobacco over 10 years ago, but more recently I have tried the synthetics JWH018 and the effect was very similar, I'm sure there are other components to the from a joint but as far as what coming for the cannabis and have an effect on you its THC. Juts like it's nicotine wit tobacco.

Don't take the above as a personal attack as it is not men that way at all, but we have to consider what other people take from what they read especially here and your post is misleading at best.

As far as the OP my advice would be very simple, if you have any kind of mental health issue you should not take LSD, it is just not worth the risk s it could significantly increase your symptoms or trigger even more serious mental health issues, In general you should try to avoid any drugs that have not been prescribed to you by a doctor, they are very unlikely to make your situation better in the short, medium or long term.

Best wishes, an sorry for being a bit behind the curve on this one<3

If you look at the post I was referring to, you'd see that I was insinuating that LSD can't do anything to you, as in, have an infinite number of possible outcomes, not that is doesn't do anything to you as in not affecting you.
THC is not the only active component of Cannabis. Please do some research on Cannabis if you don't want to be at a loss when discussing it.
There are also great differences between snythetic Cannabinoids and smoking Cannabis (whether it's sativa or indica)
Again, THC isn't the only thing having an effect on you. You can smoke Cannabis without THC and it will alter your brain. You can also have a THC tincture/extract/hash and it will affect you in a different manner to smoking Cannabis bud.
Calling my post misleading is a personal attack, seeing as you're yet to provide any information to back up your statement.
I think advising people to avoid any drugs that aren't prescribed by a GP as they'll have no positive consequences in any manner is misleading, but I don't care.

Stop doing drugs? Seriously, if "psychotic" is ever a word you'd use to describe yourself then for the love of your god stop doing drugs and see a medical professional.

^^ Thank you Epsilon.

theory: the safest self medication is throuugh use of psychoactives?
No, absolutely not. I would strongly recommend that you do NOT take any more psychoactive drugs until you feel much more stable with your psychosis and depression. I would expect that if you continue to use LSD and DOC, or any other recreational substances, your depression and psychosis are both likely to get worse. You say you're now living at home, but you have no support?? Do you talk to your parents or family members at all? When was the last time you saw a doctor?