View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

acid n mushrooms

iarewhatiare

Greenlighter
im a cripple n im interested in trying acid n mushrooms but i have to do something throughout my day so i dont die -
will i still b aware enough to do what i need to do?

nobody has ever died due to inability to function on a basic survival level while tripping

with that said I've also spent a few hours blankly staring at my kitchen completely frustrated because making some mac n' cheese seemed like an insurmountable task.....

but yeah, you'll probably be fine in most cases, not going to ask about your situation

certainly at least something to be aware of, though (that things will be significantly more difficult, depending on how much you take)

i have a muscle disease n i use a vent n all that n i have to suck out my lungs all the time so i dont drown in my own mucus

You should be fine based on what you described. Things like breathing and muscle movements are not effected while tripping. It's your mind that's effected.

However it is highly suggested if this is your first time to have someone else there to help you (if you need it).

Either way good luck brother.

I, for one, think everyone should do LSD at least once in their life. maybe some DMT, too...

Yeah the ability to physically perform tasks isn't really altered so much as your perception/cognition of the tasks. So understanding each step might be really confusing possibly for a moment but still totally doable.

The mac and cheese thing was a good example of that sort of hiccup. It isn't the inability to make the food, but a confusion as to what the hell the steps would even be, what the fuck a microwave is and so on and so forth

Honestly it depends on how difficult the process is to clear your lungs, is it something that you can do without thinking or does the process take time and cognition?

As been said simple tasks such as making one a little food can become mountain sized proportions. I don’t think others have grasped that you aren’t just talking about normal breathing and what not.

I’d suggest doing Mescaline personally if you try any psychedelic. Your much more likely to be able to perform more complicated tasks yet still in a trippy headspace.

-GC

I've consumed more mushrooms than anyone I've ever met. A couple of things to consider. Certain types of mushrooms have been reported to cause a phenomenon know as "wood lovers paralysis". I have experienced this many times. It is more common in south east Australia but has been reported elsewhere in the world. It occurs with species that grow on bark, hence the name. I suspect it results from ingesting fungicides sprayed on tanbark gardens that people pick mushrooms from, but that is just speculation. The occurrence of WLP (for me) depends on the batch of mushrooms rather than the species. I'd say it has happened to some degree somewhere in the vicinity of 1/100 trips. The most extreme cases have totally paralyzed me. If this happened to you, it might be difficult to run your ventilator / suction machine effectively. What happens to your muscles when you experience WLP is unknown at this point. It could potentially be worse for someone with your condition.

If you're going to go down the mushroom route, start off slowly.

LSD is often not LSD in the same way that ecstasy is often not MDMA, so it's difficult to say what to expect exactly. It is also difficult to titrate your dose because the liquid tends to be highly concentrated but you can carefully dilute it if you want to test how it interacts with you. If you get it in tab form, it is even more difficult to dilute. I would recommend starting with mushrooms for this reason.

As others have said, it can become overwhelmingly difficult to complete the simplest of tasks. For this reason, I'd recommend you have somebody nearby that you can call on if you need help. My brother once forgot how to breathe on a particularly strong dose of acid and totally freaked out. My ex-wife had multiple doses and experienced a full blown psychotic meltdown.

Be careful.

Another thing to consider if you happen to have any digestive issues or sensitivities to certain types of food is performing an extraction before consuming mushrooms. Psilocybin is water soluble, so all you have to do is grind up the mushrooms and put them in a glass of water and pop that in the fridge. The water will turn dark blue. Then you strain the mushroom pieces out and you don't have to worry about stomach aches or nausea or anything like that (which are quite common with many species).

LSD is your best bet. Get a testing kit though majority of RCs are not around like they use to be in the peak days of 25i.

Mushrooms body load can be a bit much so hunching over and throwing up during the trip puts off alot of people from them. Both are profound but i find LSD to be a more universal cosmic experince than shrooms which is more earth grounded.

Take one tab of LSD to get a fuller experince than just half a tab. I always believe you should take enough to get the full experience the first time as its something special but not over do it. 100 ug is a very standard dose for first timers that will be enough to have a trip and not overwhelming.

LSD is by far better in your situation with muscle disease. LSD is also a very powerful stimulant so your breathing will be easier than something like mushrooms or just sober.

nobody has ever died due to inability to function on a basic survival level while tripping
I'm not sure we can say that categorically. I expect there have beennsome unfortunate incidents.

But you are right, neither drug strictly impairs your ability to perform essential tasks, most of the time, dosage allowing.

I loved the combo of acid and mushrooms together though, usually taking the acid first.

I've consumed more mushrooms than anyone I've ever met. A couple of things to consider. Certain types of mushrooms have been reported to cause a phenomenon know as "wood lovers paralysis". I have experienced this many times. It is more common in south east Australia but has been reported elsewhere in the world. It occurs with species that grow on bark, hence the name. I suspect it results from ingesting fungicides sprayed on tanbark gardens that people pick mushrooms from, but that is just speculation. The occurrence of WLP (for me) depends on the batch of mushrooms rather than the species. I'd say it has happened to some degree somewhere in the vicinity of 1/100 trips. The most extreme cases have totally paralyzed me. If this happened to you, it might be difficult to run your ventilator / suction machine effectively. What happens to your muscles when you experience WLP is unknown at this point. It could potentially be worse for someone with your condition.

If you're going to go down the mushroom route, start off slowly.

LSD is often not LSD in the same way that ecstasy is often not MDMA, so it's difficult to say what to expect exactly. It is also difficult to titrate your dose because the liquid tends to be highly concentrated but you can carefully dilute it if you want to test how it interacts with you. If you get it in tab form, it is even more difficult to dilute. I would recommend starting with mushrooms for this reason.

As others have said, it can become overwhelmingly difficult to complete the simplest of tasks. For this reason, I'd recommend you have somebody nearby that you can call on if you need help. My brother once forgot how to breathe on a particularly strong dose of acid and totally freaked out. My ex-wife had multiple doses and experienced a full blown psychotic meltdown.

Be careful.

Another thing to consider if you happen to have any digestive issues or sensitivities to certain types of food is performing an extraction before consuming mushrooms. Psilocybin is water soluble, so all you have to do is grind up the mushrooms and put them in a glass of water and pop that in the fridge. The water will turn dark blue. Then you strain the mushroom pieces out and you don't have to worry about stomach aches or nausea or anything like that (which are quite common with many species).

Great point man, wood lovers paralysis could very well turn this into an ugly situation. To the OP, if going with mushrooms make sure without a shadow of doubt that you have P. cubensis.

Thankfully wood lovers are rare for most of the world, and as you said it’s still batch to batch on whether it’ll even happen or not.

I’ll be honest I’m kinda excited to hopefully one day experience it :) But my time with wood lovers has been short, only a couple of experiences..

-GC

G_Chem said:
make sure without a shadow of doubt that you have P. cubensis

Solid advice here. To ensure that it is cubensis, try and seek out shrooms that have been grown on substrate rather than naturally occurring species. That way you definitely won't have fungicide/pesticide issues. I'm not aware of any reported cases of WLP from cultivated mushrooms. The vast majority of cultivated shrooms worldwide are different strains of cubensis.

G_Chem said:
I’ll be honest I’m kinda excited to hopefully one day experience it

I first experienced it nearly 20 years ago. At the time, there was no explanation. I was walking down the street and the lower half of my body completely gave out. I tried to lift myself up on a nearby mailbox, but my legs were jelly. So, I was stuck there firmly planted to the ground, totally fucked off my head and paralyzed in the middle of suburbia. I thought I was having a stroke.

The only positive with "full body" WLP is when it happens and you have a comfy bed nearby. Makes it impossible to distract yourself from the trip. Kinda like combining dissociatives with shrooms or something.

It's pretty annoying most of the time. I usually get it in my hands which makes it nearly impossible to chop up weed or even break it up with my fingers.

It's not something I'd recommend. :)

TripSitterNZ said:
Get a testing kit

More solid advice.

Last edited:
AutoTripper said:
I'm not sure we can say that categorically. I expect there have beennsome unfortunate incidents.

Considering people have been eating mushrooms for 5000-10000+ years, I would bet my left testicle on it... but statistically (deaths / hospital admissions) mushrooms are the safest mainstream psychoactive drug in the world.

I lost interest in LSD for a while - I found the physical comeup to be a little unpleasant until I hit on "Ismenes wormhole" - which is where you take half the dose then the rest between 20-35 minutes later. When you get the timing spot on you enter a completely different LSD state - like the cleanest Ecstasty you've ever had. Lot more of a physical high.

I lost interest in LSD for a while - I found the physical comeup to be a little unpleasant until I hit on "Ismenes wormhole" - which is where you take half the dose then the rest between 20-35 minutes later. When you get the timing spot on you enter a completely different LSD state - like the cleanest Ecstasty you've ever had. Lot more of a physical high.
Do you think a time release capsule of some sort could reproduce the effect without needing to time it?

You could just get 99.9% LSD instead and have no physical comeup which you get on LSD fluff crystal around 95%.