• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Acid and Mushies only worked first time each, not second? 3 1/2 trip reports NeedHelp

Zackcaz

Greenlighter
About a month ago, (November 22nd to be specific) I tried mushrooms, around 4pm i took about 2 grams in chocolate, and ate about a half a gram plain at around 5pm. I had an amazing trip, during my come-up i was laughing really hard about things, my friend told me the wicks in my hookah pen were burning out, I was devastated yet laughing about it. The other people that live with him then came home, and i had to act semi-sober. We are allowed to toke there, but anything else is frowned upon. So I was laying on the couch, while another friend was watching American Dad. The faces on the screen looked weird, in a way i cant describe, I watched the show for a few minutes then started staring at the ceiling, while constantly taking drags off my hookah pen. The ceiling started morphing, and looking as if it was going to drip, but it didn't. Afterwards we smoked a bowl, then went on a walk to meet up with a friend. We matched a bowl with him then left. We started walking back ti his house, which felt like hours, until we came across another friend to hangout with. That is where things got slightly bad, we smoked, and then I couldn't move. I felt like I was going to puke, so my friend got a bucket. My friend I was tripping with suggested that I may be dehydrated, considering I had not had a drink the whole trip. My friend got me water, and within a few minutes, I once again felt great. It was almost 1pm at this point, we left our friends house and went back to my tripping friends house and I fell asleep.

That was my first mushroom trip.

December 7th, I go to my first rave, 12 hours long, first time taking acid and first time with ecstasy as well. Near the beginning I took some mac tab of ecstasy, had a nice high for awhile but I wanted a stronger high. I decided to look around for acid, so I found some, took it, and waited a few hours. It wasn't working so I wanted to find shrooms since shrooms worked for me the first time I tried to find them. I AM SO LUCKY I DIDN'T FIND SHROOMS, BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE LOST MY MIND WHEN THE ACID FINALLY KICKED IN. I did get more ecstasy though, and I felt like my body was weightless because of the ecstasy. I walked upstairs and sat in the VIP lounge, which is a balcony hanging over the stage. I hadn't checked my phone the whole night, so I decided to. While doing so, I was talking to this random kid I was sitting by, (I love how friendly everyone is at raves, it was hard getting used to the real world afterwards, where most people are assholes.) Anyways, I talked to that guy for a minute or 2, on and off, switching between him and my phone. Suddenly, the keys on my keyboard (an iPhone virtual keyboard) started having lining around them in red and blue (like watching old 3D movies without glasses) and then my screen started swaying left and right, that's when I knew it hit. I wanted to walk to the dancefloor, and try to find my friends that were down there, and I was sitting in a seat with my friend. I asked her for hugs multiple times, and her face looked extremely high quality, beyond what human eyes could see. On top of that, it looked like the flashing lights were just flowing past her, I don't know how to describe it exactly. After that, I thought I'd try to find a bowl in the smokers area. I smoked a cig before trying to find the bowl, and I looked at the cig cross-eyed and it looked really long. I let someone finish that cig, because a guy brought out a bowl. We had to leave soon after the bowl, that was easily one of the craziest nights of my life.

Second time taking shrooms, i took 3 times as much, (6 grams in chocolates) ALONE, in a cluttered room with nothing to do. Horrible idea. At first I was getting a really nice headrush an hour after I took 2 grams, my door was blown open because my light was bothering people from sleeping, while I was laying down listening to music staring at the ceiling, and my heart jumped, it scared the shit out of me. after that my whole trip felt like I wasn't tripping. I felt poisoned, I couldn't walk straight, and my body felt like deadweight. I decided to eat more because I wanted to fix my trip. so I took 2 grams in another chocolate, an hour later I was hungry so I ate the last 2 grams. I didn't feel much after the last 2 grams, and then for some reason I was thinking about my friend Alex. At the rave we went to 2 nights ago, he had no way back because my friends ride was full so he was stuck in that city. Then suddenly, started having an emotional breakdown, I had friends on Facebook that were trying to calm me down the whole hour I was breaking down. I was saying things to them such as "He's never coming back" "He's trapped there forever" "H'es such a great friend to me, he has done so much for me, I love him and need to see him" after I was calmed down, I slept for an hour.

Second acid 'trip'?
December 15th, My second time taking acid, I was at a friends, and all it did was give me a headrush. nothing else. I assumed it was expired, because I got it at the rave, and it probably evaporated from the blotter paper. I have another worry though, that something is wrong with me and psychedelics aren't working anymore.

MY QUESTION;
All I am wondering about, is there a possible reason shrooms and acid both worked their first time and not the second? or was it likely a coincidence? I feel like my second mushy trip was ruined due to the shit getting scared out of me, (but how could that high of a dosage not have the slightest effects?) (They were the same kind of mushrooms by the way.) and my theory for the acid was that it may be expired, or maybe all these events were to close together and my brain was to fried to make them work the second time? please help because I don't know whats wrong, and would like to have an idea, for future references.

Psychedelics are weird like that. One time a medium dose will blast you out of the water. The next trip a bigger dose can be tame or boring. You can't always predict the outcome.

OP; sometime between Dec.7th (first times LSD and ecstasy, right?) and Dec. 15th (second time acid, right?) you took your second dose of mushrooms.

In my opinion tolerance.

I doubt your lSD (did you test it?) expired or evaporated in such a short time period.

No, give it 7 days between trips. Perhaps a bit more if you are taking a large dose.

Mind you, I ignore my own advice; I'll take psychs twice in a week if I'm on holidays, but try to compensate for the expected diminished effects of subsequent trips.

Tom

'I have another worry though, that something is wrong with me and psychedelics aren't working anymore' <-------- guaranteed that nothing is wrong with you.

My guess for the mushrooms it was a combo of bad mindset and setting (you already admit it was crappy taking them in your cluttered room a lone and bored) along with possible lack of potency or bad storage (?) Were they the same batch as the first ones or just the same strain of shrooms?

As for the lsd.. it's a very sensitive product. If you kept it stored in light, humid, moved around alot, in a wooden container, or any of the above; you run the risk of losing the chemical from the paper. There are some other factors such as whether or not the original person who made the blotter distributed the dosage evenly per tab.

There could also be a chance that most of what you felt may have come from the mdma rather than the lsd itself. It could just be a weak distribution of lsd that simply seemed more potent due to the mdma.

I wouldn't worry too much about being unable to trip again :)

They were the same strain as the first mushies yes! And I didn't take MDMA with the second dose of acid, only the first. But thank you very much for helping:)

And thank you to the other posters, I tried replying a few days ago but it wouldn't post due to busy servers.