• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Acetaminophen/Hydrocodone 5-325 Safe Dosages?

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
I'm sure this is over asked but I'm wondering on safe dosages that people have taken for the above listed drug (I also have Tylenol #3's) for recreational purposes, as well as the most effective way to take it (no nasty stuff, just wondering on any combos with meds and such to try). I'm 6'0", 210lbs, and have found I have a tolerance to most medicines (I've taken over 40 grams of Kratom [multiple tries with different strains] at once with no perceived effect, probably just not my thing). I deal with pretty severe back pain and honestly, although I say it's for recreational purposes, I'm really just wanting to know what range I have to experiment within to try and find the range where I get relief from it. Any suggestions on what to start with and where to go from there?

I'm gonna have to start taking guesses on the dose here in a bit. My back isn't allowing for me to take too long holding off tonight to try a dose. I'll post how much I take if I end up taking some before a reply is given. Yesterday I drank about 4 alcoholic drinks and the day before that I took a combination of Naproxen, Baclofen, Cyclobenzaprine, and some other muscle relaxer I can't remember the name of with no luck. So I'm looking for some sort of relief tonight and I'd rather not go to the ER again for a short IV of Dilaudid (which is what they gave me last time, and Ketamine before that)

Yeah... I know. The back pain sucks though, just looking for relief.

first of all, you should extract the substance to leave the acetaminophen out if you are thinking of big doses. how much of a tolerance do you have? that might give us an idea to recommend a decent dose,

for a starter I would consider 20-25 mg, but how often do you require dilaudid? because if you have a tolerance because of that you need higher doses.

I would do a cold water extraction for them, 5 x 325mg of acetaminophen it's not that dangerous but considering you have to take them often for your chronic pain it's better to avoid overloading your liver.

first of all, you should extract the substance to leave the acetaminophen out if you are thinking of big doses. how much of a tolerance do you have? that might give us an idea to recommend a decent dose,

for a starter I would consider 20-25 mg, but how often do you require dilaudid? because if you have a tolerance because of that you need higher doses.

I would do a cold water extraction for them, 5 x 325mg of acetaminophen it's not that dangerous but considering you have to take them often for your chronic pain it's better to avoid overloading your liver.
Thanks, useful info. I believe CWE is to crush the pill, let the opiod dissolve and drink the liquid, leaving the stuff at the bottom? I'll try it. What should I feel in general at a high dose cause I don't know what a high is supposed to feel like. Most I ever get is a little light dizziness or nausea/queasyness

As an update, did only 10mg and it definitely was on the low end, hardly even noticeable. Sad day :(

cwe consists in disolving the pills in water and extracting the opioid through a piece of textile material or coffee filter, you can separate it like this because opioids are very soluble in cold water while APAP is not.

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/new-cold-water-extraction-mega-thread-faq.396416/ this thread should help you out, you got dozens of techniques just check out as many pages as you can.

most individuals experience nausea during their first experiences with opiates, with time after your body gets more used to them the nausea will dissappear.

I can't describe in words what the pleasure of opioids consists of but it is a very chill, calm, balanced wave of pleasure and your anxiety disipates, next time when you dose you could try in the 15-25 mg range, but 25 should be the maximum value. if you don't feel anything on 25 mg either come back with eedback and we'll figure it out.

usually over 4 grams of APAP is considered toxic for your liver, but if you plan to take them daily it's better to be safe than sorry. if you think you take them only once or twice a month, the cwe isn't necessary, but if you have chronic pain I doubt that only 1 or 2 times you take them

^All accurate information. There are established guidelines regarding the consumption of APAP/Acetaminophen. You do not want to be using high dosages of said substance or to be using it chronically without supervision from your doc. It's Hepatoxic, meaning it is harmful to the liver similar to how Alcohol is. Luckily, there is a relatively facile method of removing the APAP from the Opioid. This is called a Cold Water Extraction. Anybody can do it and if you intend to be using this drug frequently in the future, you're going to want to familiarize yourself with the process.

Of course if you have any questions we are here to help.

Hey,

I just wanted to first off concur that doing a CWE is easy and very important even with intermittent use. Especially if you drink at all while using the pills. Alcohol + an opioid is already a dangerous situation where 2 + 2 = 8 if you know what I mean (also, if adding any amount of benzos and/or your muscle relaxants (your cyclobenzaprine has a half-life of 18 hours so take that into account.)) This is also true when combing alcohol with APAP, it turns into a 2 + 2 = 8 type of danger as well (higher #s being more dangerous if that wasn't obvious.)

One thing I wanted to correct is that 4+ grams of APAP is considered toxic when using 1 Gram of APAP 4 times over a 24 hour period. In general, assuming no alcohol, taking 2 grams of APAP once a day, should be worse for your liver then taking 4 grams spread over a 24 hour period. (1 Gram is considered the cutoff every 4-6 hours, with a daily max of 4 grams, assuming no liver problems/conflicting drugs.)

That said the main thing is to just do a CWE. It's too easy not too. The only danger would be if you then pushed the opioid dose higher, justifying it to yourself because you've removed the APAP. I know you have back problems and have to treat that, but just be careful, you never (or at least rarely,) know you're an addict until you're already an addict. No matter how long you've been using only occasionally. Not to mention pushing too high into fatal respiratory depression. Sorry for being a downer, just trying to lay out the facts as I don't know whether you're already familiar with them or not. Good luck

Hey,

I just wanted to first off concur that doing a CWE is easy and very important even with intermittent use. Especially if you drink at all while using the pills. Alcohol + an opioid is already a dangerous situation where 2 + 2 = 8 if you know what I mean (also, if adding any amount of benzos and/or your muscle relaxants (your cyclobenzaprine has a half-life of 18 hours so take that into account.)) This is also true when combing alcohol with APAP, it turns into a 2 + 2 = 8 type of danger as well (higher #s being more dangerous if that wasn't obvious.)

One thing I wanted to correct is that 4+ grams of APAP is considered toxic when using 1 Gram of APAP 4 times over a 24 hour period. In general, assuming no alcohol, taking 2 grams of APAP once a day, should be worse for your liver then taking 4 grams spread over a 24 hour period. (1 Gram is considered the cutoff every 4-6 hours, with a daily max of 4 grams, assuming no liver problems/conflicting drugs.)

That said the main thing is to just do a CWE. It's too easy not too. The only danger would be if you then pushed the opioid dose higher, justifying it to yourself because you've removed the APAP. I know you have back problems and have to treat that, but just be careful, you never (or at least rarely,) know you're an addict until you're already an addict. No matter how long you've been using only occasionally. Not to mention pushing too high into fatal respiratory depression. Sorry for being a downer, just trying to lay out the facts as I don't know whether you're already familiar with them or not. Good luck
No, that's perfectly fair as this is a harm reduction forum. I appreciate the comment

Also, how many Tylenol #3 (codeine/apap) pills should be taken for similar effect to the Hydrocodones when CWE is used on either pill? Cause after I do the 20mg today I'll only have the codeine pills for a short time. Just experimenting with it for now.

Oh and trust me, I know I'm addicted if we define addiction as dependance, cause without it I don't have relief. Doesn't mean I'll attack someone for it or spend tons of money to obtain it illegally. I just prefer to use it on my worse days when I have it available, and justify using higher doses occasionally because of my tolerance. I feel like that qualifies as addiction, but it's about as healthy of addiction as you can get

I'm sure this is over asked but I'm wondering on safe dosages that people have taken for the above listed drug (I also have Tylenol #3's) for recreational purposes, as well as the most effective way to take it (no nasty stuff, just wondering on any combos with meds and such to try). I'm 6'0", 210lbs, and have found I have a tolerance to most medicines (I've taken over 40 grams of Kratom [multiple tries with different strains] at once with no perceived effect, probably just not my thing). I deal with pretty severe back pain and honestly, although I say it's for recreational purposes, I'm really just wanting to know what range I have to experiment within to try and find the range where I get relief from it. Any suggestions on what to start with and where to go from there?
Take it from me, I'm on 400+ mg morphine for severe scoliosis daily.. the less you take is better, tolerance ramps up quickly especially for legit pain. 5-20mg should do you good but again, the more you take the higher your tolerance will get and thus less relief and the nature of shorter acting opiates is a birch because in my experience which is why I'm on so many different ones, it was a big argument between my doc and I, I simply couldn't suffice with 4-8 hours relief I needed most of the day, so now I'm on Oxy, morphine and ER dilaudids .. and the argument was when the short acting oxy in this case wore off, the pain would shoot back like no tomorrow leading me to eat more, pain sucks.

cwe consists in disolving the pills in water and extracting the opioid through a piece of textile material or coffee filter, you can separate it like this because opioids are very soluble in cold water while APAP is not.

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/new-cold-water-extraction-mega-thread-faq.396416/ this thread should help you out, you got dozens of techniques just check out as many pages as you can.

most individuals experience nausea during their first experiences with opiates, with time after your body gets more used to them the nausea will dissappear.

I can't describe in words what the pleasure of opioids consists of but it is a very chill, calm, balanced wave of pleasure and your anxiety disipates, next time when you dose you could try in the 15-25 mg range, but 25 should be the maximum value. if you don't feel anything on 25 mg either come back with eedback and we'll figure it out.

usually over 4 grams of APAP is considered toxic for your liver, but if you plan to take them daily it's better to be safe than sorry. if you think you take them only once or twice a month, the cwe isn't necessary, but if you have chronic pain I doubt that only 1 or 2 times you take them

The toxic dose of acetaminophen is 200mg per kilogram of body weight.

Take it from me, I'm on 400+ mg morphine for severe scoliosis daily.. the less you take is better, tolerance ramps up quickly especially for legit pain. 5-20mg should do you good but again, the more you take the higher your tolerance will get and thus less relief and the nature of shorter acting opiates is a birch because in my experience which is why I'm on so many different ones, it was a big argument between my doc and I, I simply couldn't suffice with 4-8 hours relief I needed most of the day, so now I'm on Oxy, morphine and ER dilaudids .. and the argument was when the short acting oxy in this case wore off, the pain would shoot back like no tomorrow leading me to eat more, pain sucks.
That sucks. I've essentially accepted life without pain management at all, I typically don't even bother taking mess cause I get no effect. So now I'm at the point I'm testing what my limits would be for highest doses to take on the occasional day wither my pain is bad or I need a mental break from the pain. I don't forsee a constant use of it. Likely once a week, possibly with multiple weeks in between in some cases. I live in Utah and they're anal about Opioids right now so it's not something I can indulge in often. I just have to deal with pain cause nothing I've been given helps. So I've decided the medicine will just have to be used in large quantities to give me occasional breaks from it when I feel I can't bear it anymore. Hopefully that gives insight as to what I intend to do with this. Not sure how else to manage the pain so I just need to focus on keeping my will to live, and using the medicine as a break when neccesary.

The advantage of using it that way is that I don't have to worry about tolerance building since use is inconsistent and I take breaks as necessary, as well as switching up the substance to whatever else is available to me at that time. I found Lyrica can work as a break for my at high doses, and I'm going to test the Opiates again soon at a higher dose, so far no luck. Edibles made from highly potent Cannabutter works in some way, but not necessarily for pain relief, it also can't be used when I work at all. Just helps mentally process the pain and dealing with it

The advantage of using it that way is that I don't have to worry about tolerance building since use is inconsistent and I take breaks as necessary, as well as switching up the substance to whatever else is available to me at that time. I found Lyrica can work as a break for my at high doses, and I'm going to test the Opiates again soon at a higher dose, so far no luck. Edibles made from highly potent Cannabutter works in some way, but not necessarily for pain relief, it also can't be used when I work at all. Just helps mentally process the pain and dealing with it
I've had some success with Thc Concentrates, in particular Shatter, it doesn't take pain away but makes it easier to process as well as handle, especially when it comes to sleeping with pain ( I'm fortunate to only have to pay 30 bucks a gram for it else I wouldn't use it) but I can suggest that as well I know it's not somyhing super easy to find but worth looking into because it even helps me considering my rediculous doses, but yeah your way of going about it is sound, what'll suck is when you need the relief but it just isn't accessable that's when you'll run into issues because I was there once upon a time which is how I ended up getting into smoking crack unfortunately, which I can't advocate one bit but it's an extremely efficient painkiller if you can handle not using it to get high and refrain from giving into its nature of being easily binged upon

Everybody has already stated the obvious and the CWE is a good idea if Vicodin are all you have access to and you plan on taking more than a couple. Just please, do not abuse the acetaminophen. I lost a friend from liver failure due to the toxicity of Tylenol and all it takes is 1 too many pills. Sadly in the case of a weaker opioid like Hydrocodone, the Tylenol can catch up to you much faster than the opioid itself. Stay safe brother

Thanks everyone for the replies. Glad to get validation on the route I'd like to go. It's appreciated.

Okay, 20mg of hydrocodone as well as 2 Tylenol #3's didn't do much other than light dizziness. Nothing much else. Probably not my thing then I guess...

Okay, 20mg of hydrocodone as well as 2 Tylenol #3's didn't do much other than light dizziness. Nothing much else. Probably not my thing then I guess...
hydrocodone is it's own thing, it feels like a lifting type of feel, its alright but you shouldn't play with it too much
i prefer it in a cough syrup, now that stuff i can drink all day long its pretty addicting which is the only reason i dont buy it
ditch the tylenol and if you don't get much from 20mg and you felt fine, take 40 and nothing else, you'll get the effects and know what it is you're opiate naive trying to take different opiates at once, you have to get to know each one theyre all different but tylenol 3's aren't super strong, i eat 4-5 at a time, you can try 4 with 20mg hydro i think that would be fine. im sure you'd get relief from that.
always remember you can always take more but never less.