• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol Acetaminophen, Alcohol, and Cocaine

cjdrugsyay

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

I am drinking tonight and have already taken a line of cocaine, and I plan to have some more shortly. I forgot that I took two tabs of Equation Nighttime Cold % Flu medicine earlier (I was planning on sleeping but changed my mind). How much danger am I in, really? I have read and heard that mixing acetaminophen (Tylenol) and alcohol is dangerous, but all the information I can find comes from rehab sites. I would like a non-biased viewpoint. Should I seek medical attention, or is this more hyped up than it really is? Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you

Unless you are a long time alcoholic and/or already have a compromised liver, you'll probably be fine.

My understanding is that alcohol and acetaminophen don't have much of a direct danger when combined (*in reasonable amounts). The danger comes from long term use of alcohol upregulating the liver pathway of the toxic metabolism route of acetaminophen, thereby lowering the overdose/toxic threshold dose of acetaminophen.

Say if a normal person would have a toxic reaction to acetaminophen at 3000mg, a long time drinker or alcoholic may experience a toxic reaction at just 500-1000mg.

Acetaminophen toxicity occurs when the normal route becomes oversaturated. An alcoholic may experience toxicity without full saturation, due to the toxic pathway being upregulated.

Either way, it would be wise to go easy on the booze, though.

Unless you are a long time alcoholic and/or already have a compromised liver, you'll probably be fine.

My understanding is that alcohol and acetaminophen don't have much of a direct danger when combined (*in reasonable amounts). The danger comes from long term use of alcohol upregulating the liver pathway of the toxic metabolism route of acetaminophen, thereby lowering the overdose/toxic threshold dose of acetaminophen.

Say if a normal person would have a toxic reaction to acetaminophen at 3000mg, a long time drinker or alcoholic may experience a toxic reaction at just 500-1000mg.

Acetaminophen toxicity occurs when the normal route becomes oversaturated. An alcoholic may experience toxicity without full saturation, due to the toxic pathway being upregulated.

Either way, it would be wise to go easy on the booze, though.
Thank you for your response! FYI, I'm 38 years old, and for the last 8 years I have been a weekend (meaning two to three nights a week) binge drinker, and I've been having around 18 drinks and doing an average of 0.4gs of coke every night I drink. I forgot to mention that in the post.