Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Acacia Q's (DMT)

goinpiggen420

Greenlighter
Gday everyone newbie here has a few questions he has searched everywhere for the and cant find them
1.Does the bark of acacia that contains dmt have to be dry to extract it or can fresh bark be used to extract dmt
2.has anyone heard of Acacia barringtonensis Tindale Being used and if it holds dmt,also have read people labeling Acacia barringtonensis Tindale as Acacia obtusifolia but i has seen the barringtonensis in flower well what i think is barringtonensis anyways as it seems to be a certain strain for that area hence the name of it and it looks way to bright yellow to be obtusifolia and it is just about everywhere on the sides of the road and in the area it is in i have added a photo its not good quality as i was driving past but you get the idea i cant find any pics of obtusifolia that is that brightly yellow im not 100% but the date iin the picture should be right so that might also narrow down what it could be as i have heard some flower at different times of the year....
thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
As mentioned above by Cpt, we don't swim here, we all suffer from extreme aquaphobia.

Have a look through that thread or go check out the DMT nexus, I can't be assed to link it because I'm on my phone, but it's a simple google search.

In answer to your questions; the state of your bark does not essentially matter however, dry, powdered bark is a lot easier to handle and I'd say you'd end up with a higher yield because of it.
We can't identify your tree's here, especially with a photo like that, you need to take photos of the phyllodes, bark and flowers. Also keep in mind you shouldn't just go stripping trees you might think contain DMT, it's not sustainable and will kill the tree. Source your bark somewhere else or grow your own tree!

For the record A.Obtusifolia does not have yellow flowers and the season has not yet started.

thanks for the answers i have edited out the swim and i didnt think it flowered this early and didnt have yellow flowers and also would be searching for fallen trees and damaged wouldnt be stripping of living plants

For the record A.Obtusifolia does not have yellow flowers and the season has not yet started.
How sure are you about that mate? There's a bunch of A.Obtusi that grow up the road from me(was confirmed on DMT nexus a couple of years ago after I posted multi photos) and the flowers are always yellow. They go into flower around November/December and finish up around February if I remember correctly.

I don't think I've seen any other photos of a.obtus being any colour other then yellow tbph.

How sure are you about that mate? There's a bunch of A.Obtusi that grow up the road from me(was confirmed on DMT nexus a couple of years ago after I posted multi photos) and the flowers are always yellow. They go into flower around November/December and finish up around February if I remember correctly.

I don't think I've seen any other photos of a.obtus being any colour other then yellow tbph.

Well, I am no botanist haha. Though in literature and my personal experience they tend to have a more creamy off white/yellow colour, sorry should have specified that before. I guess the colour could vary quite a bit considering location, weather conditions etc.
And your correct with the dates. Bring on spring/summer ;)

Yeh actually I had to double check before and your right, they are a creamy yellowish colour. Not nearly as bright or yellow as the pic the OP posted.

can anyone confirm that acacia's have a higher %% of DMT if harvested whilst flowering? was told a while back by an old mate but wasnt sure if it was the truth... more interested in the sub-species of A. Accuminata but interested to know if any of them are like that

can anyone tell me if these are obtusifolia, found some plants in the forest where they are logging that had been damaged and pushed over

can anyone confirm that acacia's have a higher %% of DMT if harvested whilst flowering? was told a while back by an old mate but wasnt sure if it was the truth... more interested in the sub-species of A. Accuminata but interested to know if any of them are like that

Yes they most definitely do, in fact harvesting is pretty futile unless they are IME.

They arnt acacia obtusifolia.

Agreed, the phyllodes (leaves) aren't nearly long enough and the flowers are segregated, Obtusifolia flowers are usually grouped together. And there is still a few months before they even start flowering. They are a very illusive species.

Please no asking for identification guys, we don't allow that here.

Sorry footsy! Should know better.
Goinpiggen, take all your identification requests over to shroomery, shaman-australis or the DMT nexus. Also feel free to PM me.