Absinthe Legal in the U.S!...kinda

i remember seeing something on tv about it, maybe on the history channel, the distillers behind lucid are following old recipes, and authentic abinsthe should have a thujone content below the cut off level of like 10 ppm. buut i dont know. i've had absent tunel from barcelona before and all i got was a weirded out drunk. mainly just druuuunk.

yeah, but that absenta tunel i had was 70%. it'll get ya drunk. with how expensive that shit would be i wouldnt buy it, i'd buy loads more of other alcohol.

Friend this past weekend managed to go to a party where they had two bottles of absinthe that were given to them and the bottles could be sold for around $500 dollars a pop.

The legalized absinthe is not the same as what you may be thinking.....as in low wormwood content and another ingredient that is similar to THC that used to be in highly potent absinthe.

It is definitely high alcohol content though.

most deff gonna have to try this stuff when i'm trying to ball hevy

Last edited:
Got a bottle of this a little over 2 weeks ago in Atlanta. Apparently the first bottle that was sold in America was in my possession.
It fucked my world up.

jykkE said:
Got a bottle of this a little over 2 weeks ago in Atlanta. Apparently the first bottle that was sold in America was in my possession.
It fucked my world up.
how much was a bottle bro??

I just got a bottle of Absente, which was only $30 at the Wine Library in North Jersey. Got me D-runk, but in an odd sort of way. At certain points my eyes kept going out of focus, but nothing remotely psychiadelic. I shared the bottle with 2 other guys though so that may account for something.

FightSobriety said:
I just got a bottle of Absente, which was only $30 at the Wine Library in North Jersey. Got me D-runk, but in an odd sort of way. At certain points my eyes kept going out of focus, but nothing remotely psychiadelic. I shared the bottle with 2 other guys though so that may account for something.
cool bro most deff thanks fer the post mann............was it the same kind mentioned in this post??

I was this close to picking one up for experimentation at the local Beverage store.. but I suspected that the Though Police would never allow the quasi-psychedelic agent(s) in it (thujone is a major one) to be sold openly and it looks like I was right...
I'd pay good money for some authentic absinthe though... maybe a moonshine brew perhaps if it doesn't kill me!

Van Gogh, Degas, Gaugin and a bunch of other old skool painters were deep into the absinthe scene.

had some in canada over the weekend :) man it was pretty bomb mized with some monster energy drink :D