• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

About to take dxm for the first time and need advice!

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
i have been thinking about trying dxm and i was wondering if 350mg is too much for a beginner??? would that be considered dangerous if i have never taken it before??? if so, what dose do you recommend i try???

You'll be fine, and in all honesty A LOT of people take 480 their first time because that's a box of coricidin but don't use coricidin use robitussin cough long acting it's a light blue box and it's only dex and a little alcohol. You'll be fine man

first time i tried dxm was 600mgs so you should be fine. Just dont expect it to be a mild high because it can be bought over the counter, dxm is the only drug that has left me completely speechless, its honestly the weirdest feeling, completely different from lsd. You probably wont need a sitter cause you most likely wont be doing a whole lot on it anyway, but definitely prepare yourself for a serious mindfuck. I'd probably compare the strength of 300mg to about a tab of acid (the tabs i get anyway) Just chill in a room and put chuck on some beats, hard electronic sounds fucking amazing on lower doses of dxm, shit like dubstep, trance (the heavy, spintwist kind) etc, but whatever floats your pickle really. Body temperature can go a little nuts sometimes too so i'd do it at night time if i were you, also DONT eat a few hours before taking it or you WILL feel sick! I've done dxm about 30-40 times (almost all 600mg or over), and the only time i've ever puked or felt sick is when i ate beforehand.

Also just a sidenote, if you're drinking it I strongly advise downing it all in one big scull, its much easier than doing it little bits at a time and you'll feel the effects faster. Have fun :D

Take a small amount first, you could be like me and end up allergic. 60mg of DXM makes me trip, very unpleasant. It would be a good idea to test some just to ensure you're more normal than someone like me in metabolizing DXM.

^a very small amount of cannabis on the come up and some ginger ale or sprite always worked well for me. I do mean a very small amount of bud, like 1 hit.

if i just take it once is it possible i will i get addicted??? &how will i feel after the dxm has worn off??? will i just feel the same as i did before??? or will something change about me??? how do people usually feel afterwards??? i will proly think twice about it if it has any risk of depression or anything like that...

Those risks will always be there when using any kind of drug. I would say if this is really a concern to you I advise you not to use any drugs :) drugs will change you for better or worse. Perspective counts but if you ask me that change is inevitable.

I wouldn't choose DXM as a first psychedelic drug choice, even if I weren't allergic. The side effects aren't super dangerous per say, but it is very prone to making you feel sick. DXM addiction is few and far between and only seems to occur in the rarest of circumstances. Most people don't enjoy it in the least and end up never returning to it. Generally, light use of DXM is very unlikely to cause any kind of damage or permanent cognitive changes; now if you go abusing it daily, then problems might arise.

As far as dissociatives go, I'd say it's probably the least appealing one to most people; for me, I can't stand DXM, it's weird and alien (which of course, some people like), yet I LOVE MXE, which is another dissociative.

how intense do you guys think the experience will be for me??? i am 120 lbs so will 350 mg be really intense for a person with my body weight??? &the only psychedelics ive done is shrooms but only once... will that type of experience with psychedelics have any effect on my dxm experience??? will i be able to do it at home or will i be acting kinda weird &not really in control of my actions???

how intense do you guys think the experience will be for me??? i am 120 lbs so will 350 mg be really intense for a person with my body weight??? &the only psychedelics ive done is shrooms but only once... will that type of experience with psychedelics have any effect on my dxm experience??? will i be able to do it at home or will i be acting kinda weird &not really in control of my actions???

I don't think you understand. DXM is way different from Shrooms. Shrooms is a psychedelic, nothin like DXM. DXM is related to PCP, MXE, Salvia and Ketamine, a dissociative. A small amount of Magic Mushrooms will definitely not prepare you for DXM. The amount you're taking should be okay for a 2nd plateau trip especially with your weight, (nobody can tell you the amount you should take on here). Check how many kg you way first, it's your weight in lbs ÷ by 2.2, this will help determine your mg/kg which will determine your plateau depending on your weight and the amount of DXM taken. There are DXM calculators on the Internet. Don't smoke weed if you do, it will potentiate (especially if a lot is smoked), most people are not fans of DXM 2nd plateau, even with experience on the drug. It will be a strong mind fuck, music will sound great, but you'll probably not wanna be active, dancing around and you may feel nausea. Best thing to do if you have nausea is to eat some ginger or drink peppermint tea or ginger tea/drinks and avoid eating random foods for 3-4 hours before takin DXM. Weed can help, but will potentiate, 3rd plateau for an inexperienced DXM user will usually feel very strange and powerful, time will distort heavily and so will your body (especially compared to your environment), the mind will be in a completely different universe from the rest of the body.

Take this from someone who has done enough DXM to think they made contact with 'higher beings', hear voices commanding my movements and thought patterns and have OBE's.

DXM addiction is few and far between and only seems to few and far between and only seems to occur in the rarest of circumstances. occur in the rarest of circumstances. Most people don't enjoy it in the least and Most people don't enjoy it in the least and end up never returning to it.end up never returning to it.

....this is simply put not true at all but an opinion and nothing else. I have known plenty of people who have become addicted to the effects of DXM. The effects can be just as enchanting and marvelous as any dissociative on the list. This is yet another opinion however.

So have I.

ALWAYS take a test dose first. I recommend no higher than 100mg. 380mg will, depending on your body weight, likely be about medium intensity. You should be fine as far as the mental effects go, but it'd be a hell of a way to find out you're allergic to the stuff.

Dxm was my first and as of now my only hallucinogenic drug I've tried and of all the drugs I've done it is my favorite. I usually do about 800mg of extracted dxm poly instead of Hbr. I would Deff say don't plan on doing a whole lot the next day either besides laying around and watching tv or playing video games. Do not try to drive under any circumstances even the next day. I would recommend not eating before dosing the first time I ever did a big dose I had spicy chicken sandwiches beforehand and while this stuff is an anesthetic you really can't feel much on it believe me when those spicys came back up it was the most intense pain ever and all I could think is I'm glad I can't feel as much right now. Music and dark rooms
Make the best experiences it will also be very hard to move/walk I wouldn't try standing up after the full effects kick in just so you don't fall or bump into anything that could hurt you (walls included) believe me I've learned this. Overall if you don't mind being overwhelmed and have a strong mind this drug is absolutely amazing

DXM addiction is few and far between and only seems to few and far between and only seems to occur in the rarest of circumstances. occur in the rarest of circumstances. Most people don't enjoy it in the least and Most people don't enjoy it in the least and end up never returning to it.end up never returning to it.

....this is simply put not true at all but an opinion and nothing else. I have known plenty of people who have become addicted to the effects of DXM. The effects can be just as enchanting and marvelous as any dissociative on the list. This is yet another opinion however.
Good job mangling that quote...

I do know two people who have gotten addicted to triple C's so to speak, so obviously it's possible. But it's not like people take DXM once and get addicted. The people I know who have become addicted are on the crazy side of the sanity spectrum, and were the types who were prone to doing ridiculous and stupid shit in the first place. It really shouldn't be a concern for the OP.

And while it is my opinion, it's also a generally accepted opinion that only about a third of those who try DXM recreationally enjoy the effects enough to return to it.

Good job mangling that quote...

I do know two people who have gotten addicted to triple C's so to speak, so obviously it's possible. But it's not like people take DXM once and get addicted. The people I know who have become addicted are on the crazy side of the sanity spectrum, and were the types who were prone to doing ridiculous and stupid shit in the first place. It really shouldn't be a concern for the OP.

And while it is my opinion, it's also a generally accepted opinion that only about a third of those who try DXM recreationally enjoy the effects enough to return to it.

dxm addiction is an aquired taste, it takes a several times (preferably with a virgin dissociative tolerance) to really get addicted. Instead of feeling like shit the next day, you start to feel amazing the next day or two. I was using it about 3 times a week for a few months and the highs became more lucid and less "fucked up" more enjoyable. But then i discovered mxe and havn't had a dxm trip since. And something is missing, dxm is a special drug...it has extram pharmacology and aspects to the trip that mxe and ket don't. and the music euphoria just shit on every other drug i'd ever touched.

is dxm one of those drugs that kinda goes with your emotions or is it kind of like mdma where it kinda pushes you into a happy place???

Depends on the person. I don't find it to make me particularly happy (I am not into DXM though I have done it a couple of handfuls of times over the years). But some people say it makes them totally blissful.