• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

About to embark on a many months long psychedelic journey of finding equilibrium, learning how to take care of myself using many substances

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
Today I have begun the planning of an experiment that will take upwards of a year to complete. I have a list of "ceremonies" that I'm planning to carry out in various ways, and basically any advice anyone has, I'd like to hear about it. I've been having a super difficult couple of days(I'm being unnecessarily blames for my best friends death) so no abuse please!

The trips I'm planning are-
A. 5g Pan Cyan mushrooms, nitrous, cannabis and MAYBE a small amount of MDMA, unlikely though. Goal is to work on my heroin addiction.

B. Changa(50% DMT 50% CAAPI) each dose 75-150mg . Very much planned out. Goal is to confront fears in my life. Stop being scared 100% of my life

C. Peruvian Torch - Huachuma
Dose, upwards of 2ft, high dose.
Goal, open my heart and leant to love myself and others.

D. Psilohuasca
2G mushrooms, 3g Syrian Rue
Experience whatever I'm meant to see.

E. Eventually Toad/Bufo Alvarius/5-meo-DMT
Confront my issues with God.

F. Ayahuasca eventually.

I will also do various cannabis ceremonies with oral brews. As well as Kambo, Sanagna, rapè, Dieta's and traditional plant medicine.
I'll also go non traditional I'm sure and have strong LSD+MDMA+Ketamine etc trips as I get much out of those too.

My main queries though we're basically, what would you do in any one of these ceremonies. Prep? Music? Food? Have you already got experience?
I want to know it all!

I've done a lot of this before and probably at higher doses but I've never taken it this seriously. So I'm open to all suggestions. Thankyou!

i would listen to certain music that brings on positive feelings, love and peace. Meditation during trips can take you very deep and explore the areas of your mind.

Try eat light healthy meals your body will also purge toxins out of it if you eat bad food before trips its why most people get nasuesa on things like LSD due to their diet having meat fast food and other junk in their system to process.

write down yours trips into journals afterwood and do intergration work of going over the trip and addressing what the moments meant to you before the next one.

There are two kinds of approaches, either with or without a set intention. This is true for tripping in general, but the ceremonial preparation will necessarily bring it under your attention. Both can have interesting results, it kinda depends upon what mental operation system you prefer.

Music is your personal choice. It's absurd to, especially with such a wide array of substances, insist on a specific mood. Been to a ritual once where they played the same Brian Eno track on repeat.. same as waterboarding as far as I'm concerned. 😜 But for ceremonies it's very interesting to play - you might have guessed it - ceremonial music. Icaros, Tibetan chants, Mantras.. these tend to focus energy where other music tends to drift off fancifully. But do explore natural ambience as well, sometimes mental states generate their own tunes.

Since you like opiates, here's a topical track though:

(Got this track from an old guy I bumped into online who strongly identified with the title. Poor fellow didn't realize he was empathizing with the smack cycle, heh.)

But prep can get fun. I'm in the middle of nowhere, so for my deepest trips I like to cut off all kinds of outside vegetation and decorate the trip den with it. Creating artificial sub-rooms with blankets or similar is cool too, the tripping mind exaggerates space modification rather spectacularly. I built a whole labyrinth like that once, and got walked in on by someone coming from a particularly stressful day hoping to peacefully smoke some hash with me, only to stumble upon the last thing on earth he wanted to deal with. 😁 Additionally, change of scenery makes trips stand out more from memory, which is handy when you plan to trip a lot and don't want to look back on one big fractal blur. And the mind state with which you prepare things, with its attitude of dedication and use of eidetic vision (artist's eye basically), is exactly the mind state you want to cultivate before tripping. It really "charges" the whole thing.. sometimes it's even the essential ingredient of a deep ceremonial experience, believe it or not. Otherwise your entity of choice might not show up when you call it. (I don't tend to bother much with entities, but hey, if you're there and you're f*cked up beyond belief, why not give things a try, huh? :D)

That's about it. Oh, and fasting and meditation are two other tools to play around with.. especially meditation. I'm skeptical towards the emphasis @TripSitterNZ places on food there, pretty sure the serotonergic effect in itself, and/or the neurotic inability to stop fighting effects, can explain acid queasiness, at least in certain segments of the population. But fruit and veg do become spectral geometries of love strongly desiring to become you, so do keep some of those around. ;)

Hey ketaman, nice to see you post. :) It sounds like you've thought a lot about this, and you've certainly selected good medicines. I think there's a lot of potential here. As others have said, music can be incredibly helpful in guiding psychedelic experiences, as does laying down and closing your eyes. Also just setting intentions like you're doing helps a lot. Good luck with your journey!

This is exactly the sort of advice I was looking for! Non-judgemental thankyou!
I've been told in no uncertain terms how dumb all this is. I know what I'm doing, they don't and they don't understand either. Like even within the psychedelic/drug using community people still don't understand and totally underestimate the immense power of these things. And the only thing that would make any of this dumb in my opinion would be to do Aya, Bufo or Kambo alone without a medicine person. And that is purely because I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm on Buprenorphine. I don't want to die.

And if I have fun then great! I had a ton of cubes and incidentally a few lines of ketamine last time I had mushrooms(years ago now)therapeutically and I didn't stop laughing for what seemed like 2-3 hours and my stomach and cheeks proper hurt lol
I'm doing each chemical/plant for a specific reason. Cacti opens your heart, you must face fear with Changa/DMT or your doing it wrong and apparently Bufo/5-meo-DMT is god. I didn't just pick a drug and think ooh hey this drug will do that and I'll be fixed! Which is what some people think and is ludicrous and hilarious.

I'm just super grateful you guys understand and I can take a breath without feeling like I need to explain to a bunch of uneducated fucktards who don't want to learn in the first place! .... Sorry the last few days have been so hard I just want to cry lol

Anyway tell me more!

I'm stoked about the music coz people say keep it silent but I love music while I'm tripping. I like minimal stuff, drums etc but I also need extremely complex Forest/Darkpsy/Zenonesque Psytrance along with psychill/psybreaks etc.
I'll definitely enjoy my music! :)

I just won a ton of Peyote, Tricho and Ariocarpus seeds though so another thing to be stoked about! Lol

It's good you want to have someone to guide you, since you say you don't know what you're doing. I will say I think the whole "shaman"/"medicine man" guide thing is overrated though. It's a new agey western thing that you have to do these things with a shaman. In the recovery industry there are a lot of predatory people claiming to be shamans and charging obscene amounts of money. Not to say there isn't some value. It's important for you to have a sitter of some sort if you're inexperienced, and having someone who IS experienced in guiding people can be very beneficial as they will know how to help maximize a person's experience. Plus, going to a place to trip with a guide really does a lot in helping you to set expectations, vs just doing it at home.

I highly recommend music, because it helps to guide the experience, your thoughts and visuals/visions align with the music and it helps to create a cohesive journey and shape the emotions and thoughts you have. Silence can be profound as well, but I have generally found music that is evocative and meditative to have given me most of my best experiences. The music genres you describe are perfect. Most of my early trips were with that kind of music.

I don't think you'll find a lot of judgment here... those of us interested enough in psychedelics to be posting on a psychedelics forum are pretty much all quite aware of the value that psychedelics have in facilitating positive change. In fact the science agrees, there is a lot of research done to show that psychedelics, when used in a proper setting with proper expectations and a trained guide/therapist, have a very high success rate in producing profound experiences and positive change that lingers on.

I think the set intentions are good, but there’s only a very slight change it’ll pan out like that, hope it all goes well anyway, don’t hesitate to share your experiences :)

Don't forget set and setting.

I'd add in some proper meditation practice - 20 mins x 2 daily. Not only will it open you up and leave the work of the various psychotropic preparations less to do and leave you focused inwards.

My most health improving/life affirming trips have involved the dark and quiet (a bit like the psilocybin trials in the US in the 50's). The less distraction you have the more you will focus on the self and how it came to be - hard to hear the whispers of the universe over loud trance music!!

If you are going for music, either pick tunes that lift and empower you OR listen to the stuff you listen to when you wallow in misery (doesn't everyone) to help dredge up those feelings for examination. Fasting for me was always an important part of making tripping for insight as something special, almost religious. It all adds to the experience.

One last nugget of advice is to leave enough time to adjust and incorporate what you learn.

I notice you've not included ibogaine which is commonly associated with stopping heroin, is there any particular reason for its exclusion?

You'll have some really good times with that list, the Kamobo wont be nice, I've never had such an intense reaction, it's hard core stuff. Best of luck.

@Xorkoth
Little addendum to that: tripping without intention doesn't mean "just" this that or the other, mind you. In a sense it's the higher way of tripping even, as it integrates ego death, it avoids focusing energy from a limited conception of self. It reveals the sense behind the AA prescript that "you" are powerless... or, put in other words, if you're invoking an intelligence greater than yourself then perhaps don't start out by telling it what to do as if it had to be told. ;)

It's not that relevant a remark considering OP's on a mission. But since we're looking at sizable upcoming trippage it's nice to know what variables keep things fresh.

Today I have begun the planning of an experiment that will take upwards of a year to complete. I have a list of "ceremonies" that I'm planning to carry out in various ways, and basically any advice anyone has, I'd like to hear about it. I've been having a super difficult couple of days(I'm being unnecessarily blames for my best friends death) so no abuse please!

A. 5g Pan Cyan mushrooms, nitrous, cannabis and MAYBE a small amount of MDMA, unlikely though. Goal is to work on my heroin addiction.

B. Changa(50% DMT 50% CAAPI) each dose 75-150mg . Very much planned out. Goal is to confront fears in my life. Stop being scared 100% of my life

D. Psilohuasca

F. Ayahuasca eventually.

I will also do various cannabis ceremonies with oral brews. As well as Kambo, Sanagna, rapè, Dieta's and traditional plant medicine.
I'll also go non traditional I'm sure and have strong LSD+MDMA+Ketamine etc trips as I get much out of those too.

My main queries though we're basically, what would you do in any one of these ceremonies. Prep? Music? Food? Have you already got experience?
I want to know it all!

I've done a lot of this before and probably at higher doses but I've never taken it this seriously. So I'm open to all suggestions. Thankyou!
Are you planning on doing these alone or with a guide or 'shaman'? Or traveling to Brasil or Peru?

Wow! I admire your fortitude mate. If I had lost a best friend and was being blamed for it, on top of an heroin addiction, the last thing I would be contemplating would be a punishing dosing regimen of potent psychoactive drugs!!

Heroin addiction totally ruined my ability to handle hallucinogens. The subsequent death of my daughter followed by the death of my parents put the final nails in the coffin of psychedelic use for me.

I realise they can be very cathartic, but there are limits man!

Anyway, good luck and really hope it works for you.

D. Psilohuasca

F. Ayahuasca eventually.

I want to know it all!

I would leave out all the cannabis, and only take the mdma, in case of emergency with possible bad trips. Take about 10 loperamide for your heroin addiction and start with ayahuasca, if working on your fears is truly what you want to do. Then realise that all these other adventures aren't really neccesary unless you want some entertainment. Read "Thiaoouba Prophecy" to get even more insight than the hardest LSD trip you ever went on. You will no longer have to blame yourself for your friends death when you understand the process. The universe is only the most intelligent design that works like a super-computer of which death is only a part of our cycle. Always make the neccesary preparations before indulging in such strong experiences.
What issues do you exactly have with god? I could ask anything but I am limited to certain knowledge. I wouldn't try toad venom but do you mean to smoke the 5-meo-dmt? I've only tried this orally. I would never eat a cactus again because of the naseau, only pure mescaline for me. These oral brews, are they alcoholic? If so, it has no part in enlightenment and might make it dissapear aswell.

N.obody E.ver R.eally D.ies

Take a break bro.
WATCH IT. You're gonna trigger some people with that kind of talk...

Seriously though, OP, sounds like you've got an impressive array of psychedelic drugs. It also sounds like you are experiencing trauma from your friend's death, and maybe immediately launching out on a drug-odyssey isn't in order until you've dealt with some of these things in a sober state. I tried to deal with my friend's death by tripping my way to the other side of grief. It didn't work. Years later I'm finally confronting the damage the event caused, and wish I had just gone to see a therapist at the time rather than trying to self-medicate. Just my experience. I wish you good luck and good health regardless of how you proceed.

So I've done the cactus and mushrooms.

I used some Trichocereus Bridgessi that I've grown myself. About a 1.5ft, peeled and boiled down and drank.
I worked through a ton of anger a stress and meditated all of thr pain, tension and strain out of a huge injury ive had in my back I also felt my heart chakra open and surrounding meridians.

Then I took 7g of Pan Cyanescens mushrooms about 4-5 days after as I felt like I had to keep the.psychedelic gates open.
I experienced exactly what I needed too. I was able to love and forgive myself for things I've done. I saw my addiction from a different perspective and I was able to go back and re-experience memories and completely change my emotional response to it. So much profound stuff happened, I need to write more about it when I'm not so stoned.

Last edited:
I am doing this as kind of a personal rite of passage.
I haven't used DMT in around 3-4 years because I've been so ungrounded and chaotic. I feel like DMT is my next mission. It's about facing my fears, as mushrooms showed me that I am afraid of fear itself. That was huge for me. I believe I've been living in a state of repeated PTSD and irrational, unfounded fear for many years and psychedelics are showing me how to no longer be a victim to myself.
The blame over the death was just them being malicious and no longer a worry.

I'm really glad to hear that it's been so successful so far. :)

It's been incredibly successful!
I have used heroin again. Ive just started the Buprenorphine depot, got my first shot last week and I thought, if I want to use at all, now is the time because once I'm stable on the depot there's will be no point in even trying to use coz it simply won't work. So once turned into 3-4 days(duhh lol ). But I've stayed grounded the entire time and my goals are still very clear.

I'm going to leave everything else for awhile until I'm stable on the depot and stable in life again. Not that using has caused much trouble coz I haven't paid for most of it :p but you know how it is.

I think the Changa will be next. I'll probably go to a Psytrance get together, take a ton OF LSD then do the Changa when I get home while the "Psychedelic gates"(as I like to call it) are open still. Not sure how else to word that.
Damn the mushrooms are so beautiful and magical! I'm so grateful that they are something that will be around forever, and I'll use them until I die! This whole thing about hang up the phome is stupid imo. I get calls all the time! That phrase is totally flawed!

Anyway thanks people for the replies and keep em coming with your thoughts and ideas! :) <3