• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

about to do some xtc

the only anti anxiety med i would ever consider mixing with MDMA is some sort of benzo ie xanax or valium.

They work instantly though, and will dampen the roll....so i would just wait until you are stuck in some sort of panic attack to take them.

That's why I was reluctant to take valium, lol. Would taking anti-hypertensive drugs be helpful? I was thinking this was the only way to do it without messing with the brain, I only want molly to mess with meh brain. :p
Then again, would lowering blood pressure also dampen the roll?

Guys am I clear to roll this week or should I wait longer? I've been taking 200mg 5-HTP twice daily since that failed roll.

Guys am I clear to roll this week or should I wait longer? I've been taking 200mg 5-HTP twice daily since that failed roll.

Nobody is going to tell you're good to take MDMA, especially when your circumstances regarding mental health appear so convoluted. I'm certainly not in the game of patronising people are telling people they shouldn't take drugs; but I am slightly concerned that your anxiety is so close to the edge.

I think that it stands to reason a pretty much inactive/ineffective dose gives you leeway with regard to whatever your personal dosing allowances are/what your body can handle with regard to serotonin depletion/etc. I'd be surprised if (from what you described) the dose has even really registered in any kind of physical sense... not with regards to typical MDMA serotonin depletion, anyway. Mentally, who knows? But to me that's a logical conclusion, and perhaps you can use that to help work out your own mileage.

So what I gather from your post is that the 75mg dose last week did nothing if I felt nothing? I'm curious, how does that work? The body destroys a certain amount of mdma you put in and the rest that it misses get absorbed in your system or something?
I'm likely not gonna roll this week because I'm not having a good day today. My boss was bitching at me all day and I felt like I couldn't do anything right.

But I'm being given contradictory information here because on one hand I'm told mdma is anxiolytic but it causes panic attacks on the other if you receive the slightest negative stimuli. I fired my doctor over this same bullshit when he couldn't explain why he prescribed me a medication designed to combat anxiety yet had "anxiety" on its list of side effects. A stimulant can't reduce anxiety, that is just plain illogical. The unique thing about ecstasy is that it's an empathogen and a stimulant at the same time. I've slammed several vials of oxytocin when I first joined this site in february. I was freaking the hell out while doing it, afraid the cops would bust my door down anytime etc. and within minutes of shooting up, all that paranoia was gone. I was so chill I even left the bloody vial and needle on the counter in plain view. THAT is anxiolytic medicine but it makes sense because oxytocin is a downer.
I guess the lovey, empathogenic effects of mdma are supposed to counteract the stimulant effects or something. Am I close to being right?

So what I gather from your post is that the 75mg dose last week did nothing if I felt nothing? I'm curious, how does that work?

If the dose had very little effect then it stands to reason that the physical impact would be lessened. Just like if you had a higher dose then the physical impact would be increased. There is a direct correlation between quantity consumed and receptors depleted/tolerance accrued/length and intensity of comedown/etc. This is just basic cause and effect. Seemingly you took a very low dose and the experience you had (i.e practically nothing to the point you weren't sure if it was working) reflects that.

I'm curious, how does that work? The body destroys a certain amount of mdma you put in and the rest that it misses get absorbed in your system or something?

Not really sure what you mean here.

But I'm being given contradictory information here because on one hand I'm told mdma is anxiolytic but it causes panic attacks on the other if you receive the slightest negative stimuli. I fired my doctor over this same bullshit when he couldn't explain why he prescribed me a medication designed to combat anxiety yet had "anxiety" on its list of side effects. A stimulant can't reduce anxiety, that is just plain illogical. The unique thing about ecstasy is that it's an empathogen and a stimulant at the same time. I've slammed several vials of oxytocin when I first joined this site in february. I was freaking the hell out while doing it, afraid the cops would bust my door down anytime etc. and within minutes of shooting up, all that paranoia was gone. I was so chill I even left the bloody vial and needle on the counter in plain view. THAT is anxiolytic medicine but it makes sense because oxytocin is a downer.
I guess the lovey, empathogenic effects of mdma are supposed to counteract the stimulant effects or something. Am I close to being right?

Well just to clarify, I am not your doctor and I am not giving you conflicting information (I think you just have some general misunderstandings which are confusing you); I am simply a contributor to a drugs message board (like you) who is attempting to answer your queries. It's not an obligation...

What I said was: "MDMA has anxiolytic effects, although certainly not in the classical sense". This is absolutely true. It is not a classical anxiolytic in the sense that benzodiazepine/opiates are, which are guaranteed to pretty much completely eliminate anxiety. However, it has such a pushy feel good high that it does tend to have very strong anxiolytic effects. I did not say that it causes panic attacks at the slightest hint of negative stimuli. However, given that it is not a classical anxiolytic, and that it is quite a powerful experience with somewhat psychedelic/mind expanding undertones, it can certainly cause anxiety - especially in people who are prone to anxiety/paranoia.

The source of your confusion seems to stem from a belief that stimulant properties are antithetical to anxiety reducing properties. In reality this is not the case and they are not inherently mutually exclusive. It's kind of irrelevant anyway, because like you say MDMA is also a very strong empathogen; but if you read peoples experiences with methamphetamine (and other stimulants), you will quite often see them discussing a powerful release from anxiety when the drug hits; especially with smoking/injecting.

To summarise, stimulation does not inherently = can't reduce anxiety. And empathogens tend to be such powerfully pushy feel good chemicals that they tend to reduce anxiety somewhat. Generally speaking of course; this isn't to say that you won't feel a bit edge at points or will experience full on anxiety, and obviously this depends on person/dose/day/mental health/predisposition to anxiety/chemical involved/health/time spent without sleeping/etc.

Last edited:
Tranced, what I mean is why 110mg did a lot but 75 did nothing. Shouldn't the 75mg dose have had 2/3 of the effects since it was 2/3 of the dose? I was told in this thread that mdma has a cutoff point where it either works or doesn't so I was wondering how that worked. In April I took 110mg and had a good time. In June I took 110mg while I had the stomach flu and I had violent, frequent mood swings for the next few hours (it also kicked in twice as faster than usual). So I was thinking your body destroys a certain amount of mdma and absorbs a certain amount? If the roll kicked in twice as faster while I was sick, maybe the immune system was less efficient in combating it so I ended up absorbing much more?

Thanks for the info about stimulants and anxiety. As an analogy, is this like a shy person performing in front of a crowd for the first time and actually having his shyness cured as a result of all the energy and adrenaline he got from the cheering crowd? If so, I think I get it.

^Because the dose response curve is not a simple, straight linear progression. My maths and science comprehension aren't too great at this kind of thing, but I'll try my best to explain how it seems to me. It's not a case of being 2/3 of the effects, because the threshold dose may be as high as 50 or 60 mg, after which the effects will increase in a somewhat exponential fashion. Also with MDMA, IME you tend to hit some kind of 'level' after which you're 'there'. That's why MDMA has such a significant and oft spoken of up and down. I don't think the immune system is involved in breaking down MDMA, and your body presumably absorbs most/all of it. May be wrong there, though.

Regarding stims/anxiety, I'm unsure. Stims can certainly help with social anxiety for people who struggle with it. But I think it's mostly a case of loads of receptors being fired off which happen to regulate mood. Which is especially so in the case of empathogens. Whereas benzos regulate the likes of GABA receptors which really have a more powerful, specific and direct effect on anxiety.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dose–response_relationship