• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox About to do a Kratom Detox

OP, aka Love Cat, I have a question for. In your experience, which of the herb and OTC supplements you have used for kratom withdrawal and recovery were most effective?

I'm going to attempt a kratom detox, I'm armed with loads of herbs, amino acids, et al, but not sure what to take, how much and when. Any advice is appreciated! I prob have a 20-30 g a day habit.

Dr Molecule, I'd think you can help as well. What was most effective in your kit?

Here's my current kit:
Black Seed oil
Tryptophan
Theanine
Dlpa
Nac
Dhea
Ginkgo biloba
American ginseng
Gotu kola
Rhodiola
Ashwagandha
Kava
Holy basil
Lots of vitamins
Green tea extract
Mucuna pruriens
5 htp
Chromium
Lecithin
L tyrosine
DXM with guanefisen
Ibuprofen
Bendadryl
Unisom
Cannabis
Lemon balm
Passionflower
L glutamine
Cayenne
Maca powder
"Mood up stress down"
Potassium/ magnesium
Chewable GABA
Melotonin

Also have 5 10 mg ambien, which will be 4 tomorrow. Approx 1 mg of suboxone.

Please advise

Dr Molecule, I'd think you can help as well. What was most effective in your kit?

Here's my current kit:
Black Seed oil
Tryptophan
Theanine
Dlpa
Nac
Dhea
Ginkgo biloba
American ginseng
Gotu kola
Rhodiola
Ashwagandha
Kava
Holy basil
Lots of vitamins
Green tea extract
Mucuna pruriens
5 htp
Chromium
Lecithin
L tyrosine
DXM with guanefisen
Ibuprofen
Bendadryl
Unisom
Cannabis
Lemon balm
Passionflower
L glutamine
Cayenne
Maca powder
"Mood up stress down"
Potassium/ magnesium
Chewable GABA
Melotonin

Also have 5 10 mg ambien, which will be 4 tomorrow. Approx 1 mg of suboxone.

Please advise
Save the Suboxone when you reach the critical T+48-72 hours since last dose of Kratom, that'll help you when you really need it. Honesty the kit you've gathered is pretty sound. In risk of sounding like a total reefer fiend the cannabis component (to me at least) is crucial. There is nothing better for Kratom withdrawl depression than a couple of tokes to stabilize. I didn't use Ambien but another benzodiazepine for sleep, but Ambien should work great nonetheless. Do your best to lean on the ginseng and Ashwaganda, those two pair up well with cannabis. Your kit had magnesium in it, which is a great addition! What type of magnesium do you have? Oxide, carbonate or citrate? Magnesium citrate can have a calming effect and should help with bowel movement issues that are common from high doses of Kratom that you and I were both taking (I had about an ounce/ 28gram a day habit as well). Good luck and report back to us how you're doing and whatever adjustments you needed to make to your kit

Thanks doc. The magnesium is monomagnesium diL aspartate. Whatever that is. I also have some multi vitamin and herb blends that just say magnesium 200 mg on it.

When the time comes to jump, will def take your sub advice. I am going to try and taper for the next week and hopefully make things easier. Keep u posted,

Also, I picked up some CBD isolate crystals. No THC. Useless? Really don't feel anything.

Also, I picked up some CBD isolate crystals. No THC. Useless? Really don't feel anything.
I have a similar reaction to well vetted CBD, don't know if I'm not taking enough or what, all I've noticed from CBD is that it counteracts the 'high' from THC from smoking cannabis and I basically need to smoke more to achieve the desired effects. I've tried strains that have a high CBD to low THC ratio and have experienced positive results with treating anxiety and insomnia. But those strains lack that special punch that helps breakthrough that withdrawl depression. Good luck! I hope your taper and cessestion work out, I'm sure a lot of us on BL wish you the best

sorry I didn't reply, I had to take a break from the forum as I was getting way too obsessive over my reactions to DLPA and Theanine and the anxiety/nerve damage that followed. Here's a little update:

Coming to terms with it all now (see above post). I know what these threads read like - obsessive/anxious person worrying about their symptoms and making it all worse. I am far more collected and rational now, but symptoms continue.

Went to GP - had full bloods, have been referred to a Neurologist for 4th Sept.

Found out I have Gilbert's Syndrome, a slightly dysfunctional liver, which explains a lot of my sensitivities to drugs and alcohol in general - I never had been one for high doses of anything.

The anxiety is obsessional for sure. But the DLPA and later the Theanine definitely had their own sort of physiological effects. I can tell you neither were pleasant, and no amount of typical relaxation techniques sorted me out for days or weeks after.

Symptoms of nerve damage continue, I have a 24/7 tremor down my back, some call it an "internal tremor". Peripheral numbness, tingling, sharp pains - all kind of along the lines of fibromyalgia.

Basically I believe some sort of toxicity plus concurrent toxic events and a weak liver led to this. I strongly believe anxiety is a physiological problem, not a thinking problem. So it doesn't really matter what comes first, the chicken or the egg, it's all a feedback loop. Training your thinking and your relaxation skills will make physiological changes over time so you become less anxious. Toxic drug events or just a bad dose of drugs in general will make sudden physiological changes which mess up your ability to control your thinking or your anxiety.

I'm not saying DLPA or Theanine are demons on their own, but I am saying that with my brain chemistry, whatever is up with it after everything I've put myself through, I had some pretty adverse reactions to them both and am still feeling the damage now. I have however, also read of people suffering with anxiety alone, PTSD, fibro etc, who all have similar symptoms to mine. I believe their toxicity may have come from any number of other sources plus their well cemented anxiety/obsessional fear and trauma loops and physiological changes in their brain and nervous system.

My main hope now is with long term healthy living and relaxation, I can heal my nervous system.

Trying to learn to self regulate through some very experiential therapy, and trying to cultivate a gabaminergic system again, without drugs if possible. Any advice would be appreciated. Also my dopamine system is totally shot, I'm still getting this random disorienting euphoria after exercise that leaves me very uncomfortable, and very sad I have to avoid tea now due to the theanine. Have considered iboga in a year or 2 depending on my progress in the next few months. Apart from that maybe low dose Lithium.