• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe About subs and precip withdrawals

Vic3s333

Greenlighter
kicking fentanyl and afraid of getting precip withdrawals but was reading that if you take large quantities of bupe 16-24 mg that it can overpower the precip withdrawals. New to this site well new to posting always read things on here. Any help would be great thank you

No, don't take a large dose. That would make it worse. More narcan being absorbed at once also.

Take .5mg or so. Wait an hour. Take another. Wait, etc. Best way is to induce onto it slow and weak.

If PWD are going to happen, its going to happen. Best to get them from a low amount. Unless you are off the chain ill from fent, you will probably get a tad. You will eventually stabilize over a couple days as it builds up.

Last edited:
No, don't take a large dose. That would make it worse. More narcan being absorbed at once also.

Take .5mg or so. Wait an hour. Take another. Wait, etc. Best way is to induce onto it slow and weak.

If PWD are going to happen, its going to happen. Because to get them from a low amount. Unless you are off the chain ill from fent, you will probably get a tad. You will eventually stabilize over a couple days as it builds up.
Not to sick yet. Used less than a gram the past two days. Just know that I got to start this and got work tomorrow and just want to not feel like total hell

Interesting idea but i don't know if it would work. Would someone who took 2mg of suboxone go into worse precipitated withdrawal than if they took 32mg? Would be interesting to know. Wouldn't want to be the test subject of that experiment myself 🤢

There is something called the "bernese method" when small doses of buprenorphine are mixed with a full agonist and they are gradually switched. Sounds tricky too.

Easiest is to wait until severe withdrawal. But thats easier said than done.

Interesting idea but i don't know if it would work. Would someone who took 2mg of suboxone go into worse precipitated withdrawal than if they took 32mg? Would be interesting to know. Wouldn't want to be the test subject of that experiment myself 🤢

There is something called the "bernese method" when small doses of buprenorphine are mixed with a full agonist and they are gradually switched. Sounds tricky too.

https://www.acepnow.com/article/tre...ed-opioid-withdrawal-after-naloxone-rescue/3/ it was in this article. I know I can struggle I just got work and don’t think I got a call out that I can use nor afford. Just want to be done with this shit.

The logic seems sound, but it seems like it would be safer to start on more conventional dose and increase if you have precipitated withdrawal.

I mean the above article may all be correct, I just wouldn't wanna rely on its accuracy where it's your life on the line is all.

Yeah that article echoes what I was thinking in my head but I've never heard of anyone trying it.

Buprenorphine has very high affinity but doesn't fit in the receptor quite right so it isnt fully activated. Thus it is has very high affinity but somewhat low efficacy. This might mean that 24mg might produce less withdrawal symptoms than say 2mg. Who knows how it works in practice however.

Dont give yourself precipitated withdrawals under any circumstances. It will be pain beyond what you thought humans could experience, no exaggeration. My first PW experience was the only time in my life I have struggled to hold myself back from suicide, and I've seen some things

Nobody, ever. Its barbaric.

Look into a loperamide taper or methadone taper if you cant wait long enough to take bupe