• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe About Bupe patches

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hi.

Last year I suffer from a herniated disk and the doctor prescribed me Tramadol. The pain was gone and now my disk is almost fully recovered after some lifestyle changes and kineseology therapy . The thing is I started to abuse Tramadol (300-1000 mg. everyday). I know is silly because after 400 mg. you're at risk of seizures. Thanks God it never happened to me, but I'm sure It's just a matter of time that happens.

Yesterday I adquire a box of Buprenorphine patches (Transtec 35 mcg/h) and a I have some questions:

- Is it have some recreational use? What is the best form of use recreational?
- Compared with Tramadol and the doses I was using, one patch is enough or too much?
- In case of being too much, can I cut the patch in two o more parts to use a more lower dose?

Thanks in advance. And sorry for my shitty English.

Last edited:
Don't use it if you have a Tramadol dependency which will cause precipitated withdrawals in 10-15 minutes after ingesting Buprenorphine.

Don't use it if you have a Tramadol dependency which will cause precipitated withdrawals in 10-15 minutes after ingesting Buprenorphine.

Well, too late. Yesterday I just put half a patch on my upper chest (35 / 2 = 17,5 mcg/h) and I don't feel shit, maybe a slight dizziness and fatigue. Apparently this patches begin to take effect within 12-15 hours, so maybe it's time to put the other half. I guess I underestimated the cross tolerance Tramadol creates. The good thing is I don't miss Tramadol since I ran out pills or oral drops (last dose was monday).

Last edited:

I believe that's just for suboxone, which contains noloxone, which will cause precipitated withdrawal as it is an antagonist. The bupe should kick the tramadol/o-desmethyltramadol out of the receptors, but as it is itself an agonist, it shouldn't cause withdrawals. Although it feels different so it may not be totally smooth.

Someone please correct me if my understanding of this is incorrect.

I just cut one patch (20 mg of bupe) in 5 or more in little strips and put them under my tongue and I feel much more, at least my pupils are tiny as fuck, but not much euphoria, not even energy Tramadol gave me.

The positive effect is I lost all my appetite, not even feeling nauseous, just I don't care about food anymore. Also I feel less constipated than with Tramadol.

I believe that's just for suboxone, which contains noloxone, which will cause precipitated withdrawal as it is an antagonist. The bupe should kick the tramadol/o-desmethyltramadol out of the receptors, but as it is itself an agonist, it shouldn't cause withdrawals. Although it feels different so it may not be totally smooth.

The only withdrawal symptoms of Tramadol I felt were the brain zaps and I understand those are related to it's effects on serotonin. Luckily, I had some Prozac pills and I no longer feel those nasty brain zaps.

I don't know what the fuck happened today.

I chewed two strips of Bupe (about 6 mg), hours later I took two capsules of Tramadol (50 mg each one) and felt very nauseous. I ended up throwing up my lunch and coffee.

What went wrong? Was it the dose of Bupe too high? Or was it a bad idea to mix it with Tram?

Hi.

Last year I suffer from a herniated disk and the doctor prescribed me Tramadol. The pain was gone and now my disk is almost fully recovered after some lifestyle changes and kineseology therapy . The thing is I started to abuse Tramadol (300-1000 mg. everyday). I know is silly because after 400 mg. you're at risk of seizures. Thanks God it never happened to me, but I'm sure It's just a matter of time that happens.

Yesterday I adquire a box of Buprenorphine patches (Transtec 35 mcg/h) and a I have some questions:

- Is it have some recreational use? What is the best form of use recreational?
- Compared with Tramadol and the doses I was using, one patch is enough or too much?
- In case of being too much, can I cut the patch in two o more parts to use a more lower dose?

Thanks in advance. And sorry for my shitty English.
GIRL PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL I was very addicted to tramadol and exceed 300 mg a day ...I mean I was taking like 30 or more 100mg capsules a day and I ended up having seizures I had quite a few before I finally checked into rehab thankgod !!! I am on suboxone now and it’s a life saver !!

No, it's not the naloxone that leads to PWDs, it's the buprenorphine. The buprenorphine displacing the other opiates is what causes it, the naloxone largely does nothing in the suboxone formulation.

I don't know what the fuck happened today. I chewed two strips of Bupe (about 6 mg), hours later I took two capsules of Tramadol (50 mg each one) and felt very nauseous. I ended up throwing up my lunch and coffee. What went wrong? Was it the dose of Bupe too high? Or was it a bad idea to mix it with Tram?
It could be too high of a dosage, but taking tramadol while on suboxone is a complete waste.