Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aborigines

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Too late :\

Fact is I actually have cousins who are aboriginal. I feel so ad for the world they have to grow up in. Knowing that any stupid childhood mistake they make will be put down to the fact they're aboriginal.

If you feed people hate their whole life, you can't be surprised when they give it back. We've been feeding hate to aborigines for over two hundred years. Isn't it time to turn it around?

THR: He's not saying people who have negative experiences are stupid, he's saying people who judge a whole race on those few experiences are stupid.

I understand why people base their judgement on their experiences but you might understand why this comes across as short-sighted, arrogant and ignorant.

I agree with Beatlebot - people who are expecting Aboriginal people to suddenly change because we give them financial support are deluded. Money means fuck all when it comes to dignity and respect. If the community stopped acting like they were sub-human or inferior then perhaps they wouldn't walk around with such a chip on their shoulder. I mean, with threads like this proving how they're treated every day, can you blame them?

i think "someone" needs to fuck off back to NZ.

You're a fucking guest here THR... why dont you start acting like one to the hosts of this country and show some respect.

OneTooManyMornings said:
Holy shit!

How fucked is this society!

I was also feeling ill on the second page and skipped to this last one to see if things were any better, and thank fuck for lostpunk, fish, up all night, doppelganger and whoever tried to make sense in the between pages.

That Keating speech was excellent but depressing, since it's now been 13 years and nothing has improved; funny that Howard has been in government for most of those. I knew there were some racists in this country but no idea it was so widespread, no wonder the current government gets voted in so many times.

All you people making judgements on an entire race of people are incredibly fucking stupid and I'm stupid too for not realizing things were as bad as they are. You make me ashamed, really fucking ashamed and sick to be a white australian. It's as if you think it's ok to be as hateful as you are, what the fuck?

Maybe I've just been lucky, or maybe it's because I treat people with the respect that I'd expect for myself, but I've only met good people and had positive experiences.

Well said ;) and totally agree.

The racism expressed here is so sad :( Thankfully, it is NOT expressed by all with some people showing a bit of hope :)

But,it's just a product of what Australia has become:-

The current federal government brings out the worst in people,encourages
people to be racist and selfish.

The sad thing is these people agreeing with this racist government that love to kick people when they are down,from aborginal people to the unemployed
are being used by a sad pathetic government,that only care about themselves getting re-elected.

People should treat people the way they wish to be treated.

The legacy of this federal government will include "bringing the worst out of most people","fear mongering and using the race card","setting back reconcillation",and "leaving us as alot worse off us people".

Last edited:
This thread is very polemical

The last spate of posts have touched closer to the problem than any local, state or federal government has for years.

Money is not the answer.

That is all I have to say.

Every australian should say sorry to the aboriginies, for the ancestors invading and taking over their land and stealing a generation. I'm guilty of this, but there is so much racism on australia, but everyone ignores the fact that we are just holidayers on their land.

i still think there are more positive than negative voices in this thread, and that is encouraging. i agree with IXinX:

The last spate of posts have touched closer to the problem than any local, state or federal government has for years.

Money is not the answer.

for what it's worth, i do struggle to understand the venom behind australia's racism - especially when the population it is aimed at are so small, marginalised and non-threatening.

I just want to say one more thing, and that is that I am fucking appalled by the volume of racism and ignorance I've seen in this thread regarding Aborigines. Some of you people are truly fucking pathetic and you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves. Are any of YOU Aborigines? Have you been raised in the appalling conditions they have, suffered the physical, mental, sexual and substance abuse many of these people have? The crushing poverty? The hopelessness? Are you almost completely marginalized by the society you live in? No? I didn’t think so, and until you are (or you have at least seen it first hand) then your largely negative and grossly ignorant opinions mean squat. Fuck you.

Then there's this type of drivel, which is almost as bad...

8L4YN3 said:
Every australian should say sorry to the aboriginies, for the ancestors invading and taking over their land and stealing a generation. I'm guilty of this, but there is so much racism on australia, but everyone ignores the fact that we are just holidayers on their land.

No, "every Australian" shouldn't "say they're sorry". Sorry for what? How can someone possibly give a sincere apology for something someone they didn't know did 200 years ago? That's absurd. You do realize that the bulk of people that live in Australia at present most likely don't have any ancestors who killed and/or displaced even a single Aborigine? You realize that 99.9% of people living in Australia at the moment had no hand in "stealing a generation"? You claim to be "guilty of this" yourself? How the fuck do you figure that? People have been here for generations, have lived out their entire lives here, raised families here, fought wars and died in the name of this country and have contributed to building a 1st world nation out of a convict colony in one of the driest and most inhospitable places on earth, and therefore, as far as I'm concerned, they have just as much claim to MOST-notice I didn't say all- of this land as the Aborigines do. That said, I do believe that the government of Australia should acknowledge, apologize and offer appropriate compensation for its past treatment of Aborigines, but, as far as your normal, everyday, Australian issuing some sort of personal "apology" goes, that's just ridiculous…

Last edited:
^you can say sorry on a personal level. you can say "im sorry that that happened to you". you dont have to convey that you are personally responsible.

by the same token, i dont think that that is good enough for some people... the ones that want to flog the stolen generation issue like a dead horse.

KemicalBurn said:

You're a fucking guest here THR... why dont you start acting like one to the hosts of this country and show some respect.

time to deflect a little heat of the aborigines and comment on all the fucking kiwi`s here on the dole... you know, the ones that think they have taken over the junction. fuck off. you are the last person who should be commentin on anything to do with this country.

dr seuss said:
especially when the population it is aimed at are so small, marginalised and non-threatening.

please tell me you just didn't say 'non threatening' (sure, you typed it and it's obvious you did say it, but you truly can't be serious saying something like that).

sometimes it's obvious when you meet someone who has never left a suburb in their entire life.

oh i'm sorry, i forgot - remind me, when was the last time aboriginal suicide bombers blew up 60 people in Canberra?

racial and cultural tensions can manifest themselves in any number of ways...

as a postscript, you know precious little about me or where i may or may not have travelled. but please, feel free to post otherwise :)

i fucking love it when people are unintentionally racist when trying to display how non-racist they are

well, i'm glad i could bring a little sunshine to your life.

'unintentionally' is spot-on. i had no idea i was/am being racist and would welcome any suggestions as to how & why i should modify my behaviour.

dr seuss said:
i still think there are more positive than negative voices in this thread, and that is encouraging.

That MAY be true, however I'm sure there are plenty of people with controversial (not neccesarily racist) views that would prefer not to comment due to many politically correct posters shooting them down for having an opinion.

^ I am so fucking over people axing others for having a 'politically correct' opinion. I mean, really, just because someone happens to espouse arguments that are progressive AND also believe in them, people then invalidate what they say by calling it pc. P.C is just something conservative people scream when they don't understand/agree with an argument, but cannot fault the argument on the basis of it being illogical/incorrect etc 8).

And i mean, people aren't shouted down simply for having an opinion, they are usually 'shouted down' because others see that opinion as incorrect for another perfectly valid reason. Not just because it is 'un PC'.

Last edited:
Are there any aboriginals/mixed-blood aboriginals in Aus Social?

Incidentally my great grandfather was aboriginal but I didnt even find out till I was 25 because my grandmother kept it secret and my mother did some digging after she died (how fucked is it that she was too ashamed to say).

It was pretty obvious afterward ... just some stray traits here and there with my uncles and cousins.

KemicalBurn said:

I'm not a "guest" as you say. I have every right to be here and can do as I please.

Status
Not open for further replies.