A taste of Opiate w/d

ultravyletsunrise

Greenlighter
Doesnt taste soo good. It actually all started with me getting prescribed vicodin 5mg after a dental surgery aroud the middle of august. Went through two scrips of those..and inevitably I eventually went to perc 10s all the way through september. And right around beginning of october up until about 5 days ago i was snorting/eating up to 40-50mg oxycodone a night nearly every night.
After catching myself in the midst of this addiction I knew I had to stop. So I did...cold turkey. And man ohhh man does this suck! Runny nose, feeling of "things just dont feel right in my life", and very little sleep. I honestly cant imagine being a heroin addict for 5.....10+ years and stopping or trying to.. Such a nasty feeling I NEVER want to go through anything of the sort ever again.

Just one question though....about the nagging depressive feeling that just looms in an' out throughout the day? When will I eventually feel "mostly back to normal" given my few month binge on oxy? Each day "seems" to feel better for the most part buy many times throughout the day I still have that depressive mindset.. And adivce on how much longer this will persist given my time frame and any tips to help recover/cope?

Thanks a mil-
UV

similar story to mine.......I didnt progress quite as fast, but I spent 3 years progressing and by the end was snorting and popping 80mg lortabs or about 90mgs roxicet. I know that exact feeling you are having......weird isnt it. Especially for me as I am not a depressed or anxietal person when Im not addicted to drugs or alcohol.

Give youself AT LEAST 2 weeks for the depression to end...........It will get better and better each day. You can live a great life and enjoy yourself without opiates. I am not quite there yet but been off my DOC for about 27 days now and feel less depressed and better each day. The depression actually is almost gone. I couldnt imagine my life without opiates when wding.......that all ends evetually.

As a good friend of mine says........"will be find"

in a month you will certainly be all healed up. Just give it some time. I have found ultram helps me get off pills, but it is an opiate so you're just putting off the pain of w/d. But I use it to step myself down.

I'd like to think you'll be ok :) Because, only judging superficially from your post though, your life is not in shambles, and you haven't lost yourself, so the depression has a chance to really leave soon, and only be caused by the actual withdrawal.
You tried vics cause of a script, and enjoyed the feeling, [who wouldnt wanna keep feeling "good" every day] but hopefully, justh opefully, you weren't self medicating, or covering up personal issues within yourself, therefore, I have full faith that you will feel amazing so very soon!

Opiates are wicked- no dicksizing, but if you hate this feeling so much now, just imagine how bad it would be if your habit was stronger, or was heroin! I only say that so you're motivated to try and stay away from addiction again :) 5 days off already shows how smart you are, and how strong you are :)

Stay positive hun, cause I think you're gonna be feeling naturally good really soon!!!

Last edited: