a request for consideration please.

deep

Bluelighter
Okay kids...
In light of the recent server problems, I'd like to ask something all of you...any of the veterans will attest that some of the content on the board has been questionable ever since it's move from bluelight.net.
Since the server problems are related to traffic [i.e. excess posting / access], please consider next time you feel the urge to survey how many pimples a donkey has on their ass if it would really be helping bluelight out or hurting those who are trying unselfishly to maintain this community. Similarly, a few seconds in the search engine could spare a bit of bandwidth and irritation on the part of the regulars if you have questions that have likely been asked before.
Please be considerate towards others and don't take for granted the good things people give selflessly.
[This message has been edited by deep (edited 27 January 2000).]

Deep, thats an interesting point but consider the fact that bluelight is growing so fast that eventually there will be so many people posting (on surveys or not) that the server would still complain in due time.
The doc

Deep- intresting remark there but ..
bluelight discussion is for everything - I psoted my deepest thoughts - helped for help and answered the surveys which mad me laugh - that what it all about - I think we should make the situation better and not give limitation on what to post (well except drug deal which are NO NO) but this is what PLUR is about - saying what ever you want and knowing that someone will listen
smile.gif

My .02
------------------
SpecialK - If you thought thats a hole wait till you see my flat :)

See, I was pondering how many pimples a donkey has on it ass for a while now and was about to ask the fine community of bluelight in assitence of finding the truth. Then BAM, you hit me with this. Damn it! Foiled again.
frown.gif
If anyone knows, please shoot me a mail.
(how many pimples an ass has on it's ass, hmmmm)

Deep does have a very good point.
There are much more suitable places to discuss some the real off topic stuff. If your just bored and want to chat with someone try IRC.
Roll Calls and surveys are a waste of bandwidth, as they always generate a lot of postings. Which are often uninteresting. I'll look into getting a survey script up again if people would like to have surveys.
Here are a few points to consider when posting:
[*] Avoid off topic stuff. (On topic is discussion regarding Ecstasy, Related drugs and the scene in general)
[*]Don't use the board for one one conversations. (thats what e-mail and IRC/ICQ etc. are for)
[*]Don't cross post.
[*]The search feature is working again, so try using that to find info on your questions before posting.
[*]Don't continously hit the reload button on the forum listing. - This is essentially what killed bluelight.net.
[*]Keep surveys well on topic and put a very good reason for asking.
[*]Keep roll calls in the meetups area.
[*]Keep pill reports/requests in the pill reports area.
This is not going to be enforced or anything like that> Please just try and be considerate of everyone when you make that next post.
Thanks
Jase.

Bumped as this seems to have been totally ignored.
Jase.

I 'was' going to post something similar to this, but I didn't want to be reprimanded for once again trying to 'censor' what gets posted.
Saying that, I DO agree with deep. I think the most important thing is that people use the search function for things like "Does anyone know any good blowup tricks" and "Does anyone get horny on pills" .. these subjects seem to be brought up every time a newbie comes on board. I know you may all say "if you don't like it, don't read it" well, I don't read them, BUT the amount of bandwith threads like this take up is a bit annoying, as is the way they keep pushing other posts down to the bottom.
Maybe this is a solution for now?
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!
cheers,
mona.
smile.gif

E_rep:
If you're really curious, I'll count when I'm fucking the donkey tonight
[This message has been edited by deep (edited 28 January 2000).]

In solutuion to the people asking the same questions over, and over... why not have a FAQ set up? To handle alot of the more common questions...
As far as surveys are concerned, we could have more, in depth user profiles, and possibly some aqumulated stats...
but I do agree with Deep... it would be wiser to keep it on subject... at least somewhat.
------------------
Who you are never realy changes... It's who you THINK you are that does.

An FAQ is a good idea, unfortunately there does not seem to be anyone with the time to write and finish it.
If someone seriously does want to write an FAQ then e-mail me: [email protected]
Thanks
Jase.

Deep does have a very interesting point that needs to be made here, and Jase (being the one who has to deal with the shit everytime something goes wrong with the servers) is trying his damndest to suppot the whole thing. I am like most - I am tired of seeing bullshit posts and surveys on here, for they are not doing any of us any good. Yea, I'll admit, there are some funny responses, but if you are in need of laughter have someone take alot of pics of yourelf while you are rolling and capturing the looks on your face throughout the night....or go into a G hole and have pics of you slipping away (trust me, they make great conversation pieces with PLENTY of laughs). Lets not try to put Jase in a binding position all the time, for one day he might just say "fuck it" and not want to deal with the hastles anymore.....and then what? NO MORE BLUELIGHT!
Much thanX to you from the Bluelighters here in Florida.....we love you Brother!
PLUR
------------------
-I didn't do it and I'm not payin half!
-Which way to the nearest DRUG store?

Jase -
I made an attempt at making an FAQ of sorts with my post "E-verything you never wanted to know" some time ago. Of course it needs some revising but I'm willing to take another crack at it and see what new research has popped up.

Well, this is mostly just a bump, but I do agree... a FAQ would kick ass, maybe we should start a thread so that people could put in suggestions for what they wanetd in it. I'd totally help out, and Deep, if u want help or somethin, lemme know. Perhaps we could collaborate.
Anyway, I agree. I understand where Special K is coming from, and I can totally appreciate it, but I see the other side too... damn, im torn.
I do think though, that this is a problem (maybe not problem, but concern or somethin...) regardless of bandwidth concerns...
------------------
-=+{PLUR!}+=-
....Motab....

Deep: If you could revise it, I will put it online properly. That would be pretty cool. Although most people don't seem to have looked in the New to XTC forum which has a huge amount of questions and answers.
As far as wether surveys/polls/roll calls are good or not. I personally feel they are lazy ways to start conversations. I don't mind other off topic interesting stuff, but these threads show very little imagination and just create loads of dull one line "me too" postings. If we only had 30 members and a couple of postings a day, then this sort of thing would help the conversation flow, but frankly its not needed.
Another odd thing; is I don't recall reading any indepth trip reports recently.. Even though they did not generate many responses they where always the most interesting reading for me.
As for starting a thread for what we want in an FAQ, I tried this before on the old board software and only had a few responses. Mostly deep and a couple of others.
What we need is someone to undertake the lengthy task of taking all the postings in the New to XTC and other forums and putting it into an FAQ style document. Its an extremely time consuming process.
Any volunteers?????
Jase.

I've already started on some ideas I have [including the ones you suggest above]. So don't sweat it, I'll take care of it.
[This message has been edited by deep (edited 30 January 2000).]

for a while i've beem meaning to offer my services as "guy who goes slowly mad while putting together the never-ending FAQ"...
all this repetitive posting of the same old questions annoys me beyond belief. i'll take on part of this task just so i wont get so grumpy every time i log on
smile.gif

i was going to wait until about a months time when the job i'm doing will give me heaps of time to kill with the laptop but maybe we should start getting some sorta idea together... it would be real nice to open the next incarnation of bluelight with a shiney, new (and hopefully complete-ish) FAQ.
i think it might be easiest to draft up topic headings for the FAQ and then spread those topics out amongst a few peeps.
if deep could do the pharmacology/neurotoxicity bit, well i cant think of anyone better for the job
wink.gif

i'm kinda interested in doing a legalityissues bit... and of course doin anything oz/asia specific...
anyone else wanna put up their hand?
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

i'd just like to suggest a few topics that should be included in any faq.
how to pre and post-load and the basic reasoning behind both (including different recipes that have been on here from time to time ie. dr tom's, etc. . . )
taking a pill up the butt, how to do it and whether it works,
what different symbols and colours mean on different pills (ie. branding pills as a method of identifying them and the limitations of this knowledge)
common e after-effects. no more "i feel depressed am i normal" type of questions
smile.gif

of course deep's post covers some of this and most of everything else
smile.gif

does anyone have any more suggestions??