• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

A Quote Thread....

"I think not!" said Descartes, and promptly disappeared.

A little joke for fellow philosophy dorks. :)

"Justice must always question itself, just as society can exist only by means of the work it does on itself and on its institutions."
--Foucault

"I think not!" said Descartes, and promptly disappeared.

A little joke for fellow philosophy dorks. :)

Haha ;)

--

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell."
- Aldous Huxley

^ I feel a statement that everything is relative. Just as my life or yours could be another's 'heaven' or 'hell' depending on how they live now and what they want from life :)

"The Beatles were so fucking high they let Ringo sing a few tunes."

"Not all drugs are good, alright? Some of them...are great. Just gotta know your way around them, is all."

"We are losing the war against drugs. You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it."

Bill Hicks

Americans love there country but they gotta be high loving it...All you have to do is look at the Drug War Failure to see that...

"Believe me, if I started murdering people. There'd be none of you left" - Charles Manson

I fail to see why this is a quote in the P and S forum.
I've watched the Charles Manson interviews and he's a completely phony and lost person. I would pity him, he never really had much of a chance, etc.
That was just one of his many overly grandiose boasts that he'd never be able to back up.

"To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour... - William Blake.

"A wise man sees failure as progress
a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic
And loses his soul in the process
obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content"-Canibus

"Love seeks no cause beyond itself"-St. Bernard of Clairveaux

i read this today, for the first time:

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." (Stephen Roberts)

alasdair

"The behavior of any bureaucratic organization can best be understood by assuming that it is controlled by a secret cabal of its enemies."
— Robert Conquest

a little off my mind
take it from your soul
at a fraction of your heart
see it makes me whole

and multiply the times
we'll never be apart
because nothing can divide
a heart plus a heart

so tell me, everything must always equal two.. or nothing else is true.

And the Germans kill the Jews
And the Jews kill the Arabs
And the Arabs kill the hostages
And that is the news
And is it any wonder that the monkey's confused
He said Mama Mama, the President's a fool
Why do I have to keep reading these technical manuals
And the joint chiefs of staff
And the brokers on Wall Street said
Don't make us laugh, you're a smart kid
Time is linear
Memory's a stranger
History is for fools
Man is a tool in the hands
Of the great God Almighty
And they gave him command of a nuclear submarine
Sent him back in search of the Garden of Eden

Favorite quotes... Some of my inspiration.

I have no idea where this should go, so I'll stick it in homeless and maybe one of the mods can lend me a hand ;) ..

Wanted to share one of my favorite quotes ever as I'm high and feel like I need to share it with all of my fellow BLers....

It touches on alot of my personal views and philosophies.

What are some of your favorite quotes/sources of inspiration?

From the late great Bill Hicks.

The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride..." But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. Jesus - murdered; Martin Luther King - murdered; Malcolm X - murdered; Gandhi - murdered; John Lennon - murdered; Reagan... wounded. But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

Last time I dosed I went through some shitty stuff because I ended up getting hurt (sports activity that i'm not gonna get more specific about), and concerning my summation of interconnected problems (chronic pain being one of them but they all seem to weave together). I started telling people that were pretending to be mildly-considerate or light-weight cared but wouldn't have understood my entire psyche to....

"Dive in, or fuck off."

I have loved this quote since I created it and feel that it describes a lot of my life. Acid revelations are quite often profound for me.

"Their intention to rule rests with the annihilation of consciousness"
-They Live

For those who have not heard of this movie, WATCH IT!
Itll show you the true nature of how the world elite control n manipulate the planet.

"Their intention to rule rests with the annihilation of consciousness"
-They Live

For those who have not heard of this movie, WATCH IT!
Itll show you the true nature of how the world elite control n manipulate the planet.

Excellent movie and nice quote. "they live, we sleep".

Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"I seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old, I seek the things they sought."

"To think, "I will not think" - This, too, is something in one's thoughts. Simply do not think about not thinking at all." - Takuan

"People are so alienated from their own soul that when they meet their soul they think it comes from another star system"

There is pleasure when a sore is scratched,But to be without sores is more pleasurable still. Just so, there are pleasures in worldly desires, But to be without desires is more pleasurable still.- Buddha

"though we seem to be sleeping,
there is an inner wakefulness that directs the dream,
and that will eventually startle us
back to the truth of who we are."

"One moon shows in every pool in every pool the one moon"

"the highest mountains, the oldest books, the widest deserts; there you will find the stoned."

"The language of God is not English or Latin; the language of God is cellular and molecular"

Here are some of my own quotes:

"It doesnt matter what you do, it matters how you do it, and the question is: Who are you who does what?"

"everything blows, everything flows...nothing lasts forever, everything goes."

"Science, religion and philosophy all intercept at one point. thats the point im trying to make"

"Art is love put into action"

"time be my variable, love be my guide, wisdom be my truth"

"I don’t want anything, so I got it all."

"By understanding how the body works, one can know the ways of the universe."

"I used to have fears and doubts on whether you loved me back or not, and then, I realized that Id still love you anyway. It was in that instant that I fell in love with the both of us."

""trying to figure out what "it" is. "It" is what you make it"

"Every breath I take is a prayer to the god that brought us together
The moon was full last night and with you in mind, it never looked so beautiful"

"IF YOU CAN KEEP YOUR BODY IN MIND, YOU CAN GET YOUR MIND IN BODY"

"truth is a substance, and those who have not felt the substance see my words as hollow"