• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

a question to all out there

We definitely agree on some things. You come accross wise with your ideas if it weren't for you not being able to turn capslock off. And if you really practice mediation and martial arts in a real way there's no way our comments would make you mad. I PM'd you. Hope to talk to you soon. :)

the experiencer said:
ALL HUMAN SOULS ARE SLAVES TO CONDITIONING UNTIL THEY BECOME MASTERS OF THEIR OWN MIND ......MEDITATION WILL HELP WITH PROCESS TO FREE YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop using all caps... I'm going to start editing your posts if you don't because it makes it very hard to read, and it frankly makes you come across as a raving loony. ;)

I think you will find that there are many here who share some of your enthusiasm and ideas about psychedelics and that humanity is at a turning point in evolution. However, you need to calm down and explain yourself better.

my friends ...the only reason why i am on this earth is to progress my mind so that it can become one with my body the earth and all of its inhabitants and possibly if i am lucky enough i will return to the universe as pure awareness .....this is the state of conciousness that i think awaits us all .all i would like to do is share LOVE ! WHILST I AM STILL ALIVE ON THIS PLANET...hopefully we can share experiences and veiws in a manner that will enhance our chances of fulfilling our dreams and living life with NO FEAR TO ENABLE OUR TRUE SPIRITS TO SHINE THROUGH OUR HUMAN FORM.... PEACE AND LOVE

:) <3

Then our missions are the same - to share love and understanding while we are here.

No meat and escaping human programing. You guys better be careful or the Hari Krishnas will come take you away.

Aeon Psyche said:
We definitely agree on some things. You come accross wise with your ideas if it weren't for you not being able to turn capslock off. And if you really practice mediation and martial arts in a real way there's no way our comments would make you mad. I PM'd you. Hope to talk to you soon. :)
hello friend ,i am unable to use private mess, until i am a bluelighter ...phew i have a way to go yet!. and i dont really use msn,but if you are sincere about sharing wisdom my soul is open to wise words in order to rise my vibration .so that i may serve others.... peace and love

Some of my most transcedant and compelling experiences have been while cooking grilled meat on psychedelics :) so ha Willow!

the experiencer said:
i am sorry my friend .i am new to this computer stuff when you say requesting video what exactly do you mean....peace

I think he's being silly... a lot of teenagers in the US have been recording videos of themselves and their friends smoking salvia and then posting them all over the Internet... people seem to think they're funny. I think they should all be stopped because it just draws more and more attention to salvia smoking amongst kids, and it makes the drug look evil and harmful to the frightened parents who happen upon them. :\

I agree that psychedelics are useful in self-knowledge, but the goal of this self-knowledge must be immanent, not transcendental.

Immanence is the here and now, the divinity of the moment rather than some eternal Beyond. The goal is not to escape the cycle of life and death, but to be at peace with it.

All humans are born. All humans die. Fear of death is the most fundamental human anxiety. Transcendental philosophy tells us that there is something in us that is universal, that does not die. This is very appealing because it masks that anxiety, much like most religions promise an afterlife to do the same. In the face of this, we need to come to terms with our humanity, with our mortality. This immanent philosophy, not a transcendental notion of escaping death, must be the goal of psychedelic self-exploration. Psychedelics should help us accept and be happy with reality, not escape it.

I'm not suggesting that your world view is merely an attempt to escape death. I certainly don't know you or your beliefs well enough to make any such claim. I would simply suggest that you rethink the relationship you wish to form with the cycle of life and death. Perhaps the true way to transcend death is to look it right in the eye, acknowledge and accept it, and go on living your life anyway? Or, to word it a little differently, perhaps it is the fear of death, our libidinal deadlock at the face of the cycle of life, that is to be transcended, not the cycle itself?

Part of the spiritual path is accumulating experiences, the synthesis and understanding of which leads to wisdom. Psychedelics provide a unique, intense, and somehow inherently spiritual experience. They forcefully remove you from your mundane perspective and place you in a high energy state, a new perspective that is sometimes ineffable - but I believe that to truly gain from a psychedelic experience, you have to understand it and formulate it in words that at least make sense to you (language is an important point of reference and memory), and connect it to your normal life. psychedelics by themselves are not a normal life.

Anyway, I think psychs are very useful on such a path, but only when taken in a disciplined manner, without attachment. Regular rituals, i think, are very important - i dislike doing psychs on a whim, I think if people had a ritual framework like more ancient societies such as the desert native americans (peyote), they'd get more from them.

In the final analysis, im not sure any of it matters too much. you will die, as will everyone else, as everyone in the past has already done. and furthermore, you are already Brahman/universal consciousness or you are not, either way it doesnt matter too much, although while you are here on this earth, greater spirituality generally leads to greater happiness. which is the end all.

^To really work on this planet would mean to actually probably leave it aloone from now on. (and not eating meat ;))

willow11 - How do we leave the planet alone? We live on it! Everything we do affects it. Ecological isolationism is just not viable; we have to play an active supporting role, because if we try not to intervene at all, we will inevitably cause some damage and just do nothing about it.

^Er got booted off msn so sorry, internet connection dying, too much downloading.

I am noticing that a lot of threads are veering in a certain direction- that is, towards a discussion of 'enlightenment' and 'salvation'. Possibly me throwing out a 'meat is murder' comment doesn't help. There seems to be a huge difference in opinion as to just WHAT THE HELL THESE DRUGS ARE DOING TO US? (raving loony style ala the experiencer ;)) Some people seem to think that they are altering strange energetic fields, others think they merely re-reoute the electronics of the brain, others believe that cosmic knowledge is granted to them, others have perceived 'the End'. My question to all out there is how are we going to physically change things? Its all well and good practising personal techniques of meditation and tai chi and psychedelic exploration and yoga etc. but these techniques, while embedded in compassion, are too slow to change the world- as that appears to be ONE of the major things these drugs do give one the notion of....

Wherever psychedelics are used in western societies there is usally an accompanying sub-culture 'perverting' the norm and challenging it, actively attacking it, or passively being non-involved- philosophically and legally. But I think that for the world to be altered- it must happen on a physical level, as that is where most of the interplay is occcccuring. I can't accept that smoking/eating drugs can DO anything in an of themselves; but merely be a catalyst for changing thoughts which will lead to manipulation of physical reality.

This is a different thread; but I say it again, the storm IS coming; psychedelic are useful in perceving just how utterly dire this crisis is, but they can't avert it. We can though.

-My plan is to head down to hobart, catch a ship to anctartica and try and stop the Japanese whaling vessels from slaughtering our aquatic brothers. The world reaks with the stench of decay....or is that just a bad hangover?

solistus said:
willow11 - How do we leave the planet alone? We live on it! Everything we do affects it. Ecological isolationism is just not viable; we have to play an active supporting role, because if we try not to intervene at all, we will inevitably cause some damage and just do nothing about it.

Remove all evidence of human pollution? Thats a start. Unfortunately, genocide isn't popular, and frankly, Im not too keen on it.

Really, I think that lessons NEED to be learned in regards to sustainabilty; and the teachers should be those of the longest-enduring civilisations on the planet- for example the Kalahri bushmen or the Indigenous Australians. They managed to live in Australia for 60,000 years, and barely leave a trace. White people have been here for just over two hundred, and already Australia is a leading greenhouse gas emitter; rivers are running dry. Severe droughts are ravaging the country. There have been floods. Animal and plant and insect breeds have disappeared. I am studying anthropology next year and will most surely be looking at these cultures, to find out the fundamentals of how they survived for so long, in relative harmony with the land.

willow:

The only way anything is really going to change is if everything does. In late capitalism, one can no longer simply fight whaling or fight deforestation or fight one of the million other particular battles. The same pervasive logic - that of growth for growth's sake, damn the consequences - is responsible for all these forms of destruction. Only by changing the real, material processes of production, distribution and consumption will "the storm" be averted.

As for the subculture that forms around drugs, every sizable society in history has had subversive subculture. What is unique about our present time is that that subculture is readily absorbed into the system. The state couldn't care less about acid soaked hippies anymore because they are content to "express" their "counterculture" through buying different commodities and doing drugs. This does not prevent the system from functioning in the slightest; some of the most radical dissenters today are more than happy simply trying to live "off the grid" and keep their hands clean by whatever ethical philosophy they ascribe to while allowing the world to go to hell in a handbasket.

As for what to do about it to actually cause material change... I could write for hours about my views on the subject, but nothing I wrote in those hours would actually be an answer to the question. If I knew that, I'd be out leading the revolution instead of sitting here on BL.

^I agree with you there. However, your last sentence, I believe is an attitude harboured by a lot of us; that we can't fight against the 'system' or change it, or don't know how to 'lead a revolution'. I don't like it, but I do adhere to it pretty much unfortuntately.

However, there are 'wholesale' ways for humans to affect change; there are many examples, and this is merely intended as such, and not an attempt to change anyone- but if mass farming of animals was ceased, there would be many downstream 'positive' effects, such as decrease in methane in the atmosphere, less land deforested to grow crops to feed these animals, less land needed for the animals themselves and less energy expended in the entire process of growing, feeding, transporting, slaughtering and distribution. I am aware that there would also be many negative effects of course; loss of emplyment and income for millions of people worldwide being the major one. As said, that was just an example- a similar argument could be put forth for removing all cars from the roads or somesuch.

The idea of fighting whaling or deforestation etc. is highly appealing to someone such as I, but I am still infused with 'youthful idealism' which I don't want to lose in a hurry, though it serves little function but to agitate me. That is actual ACTION which does change the physical universe- in a minor, perhaps insignificant way, but I think that in the coming years, the more acts borne out of compassion and not just their perceived usefullness, the better. There really doesn't need to be a reason to affect change except what emerges from it.

Its realtively impossible though, to indoctrinate, for want of abeterrt term, an entire planet of individuals, unless force was used, which is effectively the system in place now. The lack of unity on the planet is probably the worst symptom of these times, and that lack could very well be our downfall. Though, I think with things like global warming, it seems that a real crisis is dawning for everything on this planet- if that doesn't unite people, then we are surely doomed. It would take only a change in heart for people to just get along; but apparently we will be forced to do so to survive. And that is idealistic at best.

We need to change the way we live our lives, by producing clean power sources, !

It is a fallacy to believe we can go back to the good old days of tribalism ( tho romantically I subscribe to it :) ) the world is full of Human Beings & getting fuller ! 8o

We will either find these resources ourselves or the vast majority of Humankind will go down with climactic climax !!!!:! :! :(

We do fuck all, we sit & whinge. :eek:

Wanna change the world ?..........I suggest you/we probably won't .....but you/we just might, if you/we really really try. :)

Embrace science :D or run for the hills 8o , it's up to you, the people who CONTROL power/money/peoples lives will not meekly sit back & let you take their POWER from them :X ........... They will fight it, use subterfuge etc, you see it every day in many ways. :(

I expect the human race will be due a hefty swipe across its self satisfied face. :|

Individualism? :\

Collectivism ? :\

Competition ? :\

Communism ?

Capitalism ?

All boils down to ismy dinner ready yet !

I could go on ........ & on ..but unless we make prodigious leaps forward ( without discarding past lessons & knowledge) we will drown in a shit storm of our own making.....yet we cannot help it ........ :(

Or am I wrong ?

Of course there are plenty of fantastically productive changes we as a species could make to our behaviour that would have great results. My point is that, so long as social relations are dominated by Capital, there is no actual course of action you or I or anyone else could take that would lead to any such changes. You can go protest local factory farms, sure, but at best you'll get them to move to another state or country. In our current system, as long as there's demand for something, there will always be a supply.

To look at things on a bigger picture, even if you can stop one or two individual practices worldwide, you will never, for example, get the entire world to start living sustainably simply by protesting within the existing system. My main point, I guess, is that we cannot view these as 'local' or 'separate' problems; they are all caused by the same system, and either the system is replaced or it isn't. Stopping one more whale or forest from being killed does no good if you do nothing to change the structural conditions that guarantee that more whales and trees will be killed every day.

The problem is not that we as humans have just "happened" to make incredibly bad decisions regarding our social and economic practices in thousands of isolated contexts. The problem is that a structural logic is in place under which we don't care about the long-term impacts of our actions. Real human beings making decisions that cause real things to happen, such as hiring employees to go out and kill living things to sell their remains, abstract these into purely economic terms (it's just an investment). The workers do the same (it's just a job). So long as this sort of thinking is the norm, there will never be sustainable human society.

My point is that, so long as social relations are dominated by Capital, there is no actual course of action you or I or anyone else could take that would lead to any such changes

I completely agree with you, unequivocally in fact!