• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

A must read for new testers: how much MDMA does it takes to trip a tester

foxyloxy55

Bluelighter
IMPORTANT pill testing in a little more detail

With all the questionable reports surfacing on pillreports.com lately, and the increasing frequency of pressers attempting to fool test kits and testers, the following is some helpful information I have learned through trial and error. It's very important to note that it takes practice and even some research to be able to accurately determine whether or not a pill is worth consuming. Test kits come with instructions and they do inform you on what colors the reactions should be, but they do not go into enough detail. These days it is not uncommon for a presser to add a negligible amount of MDMA to a dirty or inactive pill, which would still produce a positive MDxx reaction. I am hoping this guide will help you to better understand your test results, and prevent some of you from being fooled in the future.

When testing pure MDMA, the results should look something like this:

Mecke:
goodmecke.jpg

Marquis:
marquis.jpg

Results should be concentrated. You are looking for a very dark puddle. Reaction time is extremely important as well. The instructions come with the appropriate times, but as a rule, they should be instant (the marquis does react a little slower then the mecke).

Here are some things to look out for:

badresults-2.jpg

These results can seem confusing, because all of the reactions produce the correct color changes. The watery results however do not suggest good things. Keep in mind, a low active dose would still give you a dense reaction with a solid black center. Here are the lab results for this pill, courtesy of ecstasydata.org:

- TFMPP: 3
- BZP: 1
- MDMA: 0.1

Size: 365 mg, 10.5 x 6.2

According to these ratios, with no binders, the most MDMA this pill could have is less than 10 mg, one tenth the standard single dose. Given that all pills have binders, it's safe to assume these pills had even less than that. Any effects one would feel from this pill would not be from the MDMA. Piperazines do not react with any of the reagents. Watery results like this indicate other substances that do not react to the reagents. Caffeine and piperazines are the most common, but it could also be a pill with a barely active dose of MDxx, such as the following:

badresults.jpg

Notice these results are somewhat similar. They are slightly better, but still very watery. The Mecke looks ok, but it reacts much easier than the Marquis, so it important to use both. The Marquis is usually the seller, so if you are only purchasing one reagent, this should be the one. Here are the lab results for this pill, again courtesy of ecstasydata.org:

- MDMA: 1

Size: 370 mg, 8.9 x 5.8

Upon first glance, this seems promising, but is important to note that "MDMA: 1" is not an indication of how much MDMA is actually in this pill. It is just a ratio of active ingredients, of which there are only one. This means that it could have 5 mg, or it could have 200 mg, there is no way to tell.

These were personally consumed, and did not do anything more than induce some nausea (perhaps from the binders, it is unclear). In pillreports.com commentary, one user wrote that they had consumed more than 10 in one night, and while they were rolling, they were still coherent and responsive. Another insisted there was something "not right" about them, and was adamant about suggesting others avoid them. No pill with a proper dose would ever allow for that much consumption and still leave the user able to walk and talk freely. This might seem harmless, but keep in mind you are not usually taking a 300+mg dose of whatever binders are in your pill, and after a few that could start to feel bothersome. Also, if you have the luxury of testing before purchasing a larger quantity, you will save yourself a lot of money.

The best way to approach harm reduction and save yourself from a potentially miserable night is to use ecstasydata.org, pillreports.com, and your own test results in conjunction with one another when possible.

*Note: these pills were personally acquired, consumed, tested, and sent to ecstasydata.org, to ensure accuracy of this information.

Last edited:
Thanks for this, it's helpful to testers, since these nasty piperazine MDxx cocktail pills are going around now.

Thanks. Is there any way to edit the title? I tried, but it doesn't seem to stick. I hate the bad grammar in there. Oops!

after over 5 years of use i can tell a good pill simply from tasting it/how it apears crumbles etc

u dont forget the taste of real MDMA and i kno things are similar but they dont fool me!

i dont touch pills anymore tho only pure crystal.

but yeah this is a great post for new testers i used to test things back in the day when i was pushing but thats cos i was buying 10k plus at a time n usualy tested about 10 of the pills from diffrent bags.

Ok, so I just tested a pill last night. The Mecke looked good, it was dark black like the first picture.

The Simons though looked watery, like described and the picture below. I put on a drop of the one, then when I put on the second drop from the other container, it changed but it was slow, and it looked water. I did onl use one drop each of the Simons, was I suppose to use more drops?

Now the Marquis was a little weird. It didn't look as bad as the picture when it was all done. It fizzed a little, but it took a good 30 seconds to change to purple. It started off looking brown or orange, but then turned a very dark purple to black in the end. It didn't look as watery as the picture though.

So what are the results anyone??

Do you have pictures of the results? It's important to remember that the Mecke is the most reactive reagent, and the easiest to trick. How slow was the Marquis change? It is slower then the Mecke, but should be within 15 seconds. The reagent is orange, so it does start out this color, seems like it could still be a good pill. Too much reagent can cause SLIGHTLY watery results, but I am very weary of swirls. Any swirls in the Marquis? Simons I wouldn't worry about too much.

Here's a good Marquis picture:
marquis.jpg

If you are still concerned about it, I'd recommend starting with a half until you get the butterflies. For me, MDMA always gives me the urge to stretch when I am coming up, so I can tell if it's real within 40 minutes, but I am a very experienced user. Also, using pillreports.com as a guide is very helpful. Are there any reports on your pill?

Last edited:
Do you have pictures of the results? It's important to remember that the Mecke is the most reactive reagent, and the easiest to trick. How slow was the Marquis change? It is slower then the Mecke, but should be within 15 seconds. The reagent is orange, so it does start out this color, seems like it could still be a good pill. Too much reagent can cause SLIGHTLY watery results, but I am very weary of swirls. Any swirls in the Marquis? Simons I wouldn't worry about too much.

Here's a good Marquis picture:
marquis.jpg

If you are still concerned about it, I'd recommend starting with a half until you get the butterflies. For me, MDMA always gives me the urge to stretch when I am coming up, so I can tell if it's real within 40 minutes, but I am a very experienced user. Also, using pillreports.com as a guide is very helpful. Are there any reports on your pill?

No, I didn't take a picture. Marquis was definitely slower than the Mecke, but I would say it took at least 20 seconds before it started changing. I did not see any swirls, and it did look like your picture below. It was fizzing a lot when it changed to purple. Every report I found on PR was basically pretty new still. I am still trying to figure out how to do the tests. It isn't that I can't do it, but I am still trying to figure out what the different colors are suppose to mean. I thought if marquis turned orange even a little bit it means amp, but according to you it is kind of orange to begin with, so that threw me a loop, maybe everything I have tested thus far is actually all good. It seems like every test I have done I have came up with same results. Mecke-blue to black instantly. Simons- Sea blue and Marquis orange to purple to black. I dunno, I feel like I am confused on what to look for in terms of if I have a ampy pill or not. Personally I prefer no amp or caffeine when I roll, just a preference I hate that crappy feeling days later from other substances.

No, I didn't take a picture. Marquis was definitely slower than the Mecke, but I would say it took at least 20 seconds before it started changing. I did not see any swirls, and it did look like your picture below. It was fizzing a lot when it changed to purple. Every report I found on PR was basically pretty new still. I am still trying to figure out how to do the tests. It isn't that I can't do it, but I am still trying to figure out what the different colors are suppose to mean. I thought if marquis turned orange even a little bit it means amp, but according to you it is kind of orange to begin with, so that threw me a loop, maybe everything I have tested thus far is actually all good. It seems like every test I have done I have came up with same results. Mecke-blue to black instantly. Simons- Sea blue and Marquis orange to purple to black. I dunno, I feel like I am confused on what to look for in terms of if I have a ampy pill or not. Personally I prefer no amp or caffeine when I roll, just a preference I hate that crappy feeling days later from other substances.

unless your test kit is like 3 years old, that's bad. Mine is 2 and I tested some the other day that turned black in about 15-20 seconds.

Yeah, I honestly learned a lot about pill testing just from surfing pillreports. Lot's of good info in the commentary. It doesn't really seem like you have amp, because it wouldn't be black. An Amp/MDMA combo pill would be a mixture of orange and black, so sort of a brown color. Maybe caffeine slowed the reaction down? It's really all just speculation, it's impossible to say, but if you think the test results are strong, it sounds like there is enough MDMA to react.

Marquis sensitivity is listed as ~5-10ug for methamphetamine and 1ug for codeine. MDMA would likely be higher, but probably not far from this range. Of course, factors such as homogeneity, types of binders, excipients and dyes used, other amines etc could also affect sensitivity.

Great thread, should be pinned.

also, whats up foxy?

-cable

So basically, there should be no little dots it should mostly just be completely dark without significant patches?

How long does it take a testing kit (marquis) from dancesafe.org to arrive after placing the order?

I haven't tested it yet I just saw from some of these bad pictures that there were patches.

Yeah. Basically if it isn't a solid reaction there isn't enough MDMA to react properly. Watery swirls means other crap mixed in, too much other crap. Even MDMA pills with a tiny bit of caffeine (which doesn't react) are still dark puddles because there is enough MDMA to have a solid reaction.

I recently sent two pills into edata that had very weak watery reactions and was SHOCKED that they were only MDMA cause I ate them and they did absolutely nothing (and I hadn't eaten mdma in 6 months). I figure those probably had like 20 mg of MDMA in them and the rest of binders. So seriously, if isn't a nice concentrated puddle, they're either weak and not worth it or fake and not worth it.

^ Nice one!

Have had the same conclusions, last year - I tested 2 different batches of pills, white number 1s, and white lovehearts.

The lovehearts were like McPP, MDx and something else, and not every pill had a reaction other than a white fizzing, but some had a very violent dark purple/black and smoking MDMA reaction. They were very waxy, so I knew me & my friends had definitely got BZP/piperazine adulterated shit pills. Sad times.

THe number 1s had a faint MDxx reaction - they were like 350mg pills, and obviously another pipes combo - they weren't particularly waxy.