• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News A Minnesota man has been sentenced to life in prison for 11 fentanyl deaths

RDP89

Bluelighter

A Minnesota man has been sentenced to life in prison for 11 fentanyl deaths

Wynne Davis
NPR
13 Sep 2022

Excerpt:
A Minnesota man was sentenced to life in prison on Tuesday for his role in distributing drugs that led to the deaths of 11 people, the United States Attorney's Office announced.

"Eleven lives lost. Families, friends, and communities forever changed by the devastation brought on by Aaron Broussard's deadly fentanyl. Although the trauma felt by the victims can never be undone and the true cost can never be calculated, Mr. Broussard will now spend the remainder of his life behind bars," U.S. Attorney Andrew M. Luger said in a statement.

At his trial in March, Broussard was found guilty on all 17 counts that included conspiracy, importation of fentanyl, possession with intent to distribute fentanyl, distribution of fentanyl resulting in death, distribution of fentanyl resulting in serious bodily injury, and possession with intent to distribute controlled substance analogues.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Even after he learned that several customers had been hospitalized and nearly died, Broussard never warned his customers not to take the deadly drugs," the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
that's pretty fucked up

but this still sets another bad precedent. it's a slippery slope when you start charging dealers with homicide

Good. If you want to sell heroin take the extra fucking steps to get black tar or real #3 or #4 OPIUM MADE HEROIN. PLANT BASED DRUGS. not this chemcial warfare death bullshit.

Anyone slanging fentanyl deserves a .45 shot to the forehead anyways.

If you wanna sell drugs, sell real heroin. Find a source. Stop buying this chinese and mexican lab made fuckin BS.

These dumbass dealers don't even realize but if you got your hands on real #4 Heroin out on the east coast and started selling it over all these fentanyl dealers you could honestly and easily sell it $100 a gram, possibly even more. I know I'd pay $250 for a 3.5 g of real heroin over $250 for 10 grams of the street dope they got

I dont get why fent would be added to pressed "speed" pills.
Other than addiction what would be the point?

Yeah I normally wouldn't expect this practice to last very long, seeing as there is basically no financial incentive to selling fentanyl as a stimulant drug (no one, or almost no one, is going to become addicted to any drug after just one hit, especially not one as shitty as fentanyl), your normal customers of the stimulant drug aren't gonna come running back to the guy who sold them the drug which made them lose consciousness lol, and can very easily result in someone dying (especially if they consume fentanyl while under the impression that they're consuming a stimulant drug) and potentially open you up to a life sentence

So....yeah. Really doesn't make sense, unless you're just really, really dumb. Which some people who sell drugs definitely are lol, but still

Good. If you want to sell heroin take the extra fucking steps to get black tar or real #3 or #4 OPIUM MADE HEROIN. PLANT BASED DRUGS. not this chemcial warfare death bullshit.
You do know heroin isn't a direct opium derivative, right? Morphine is, but morphine has to be chemically processed to get heroin ; that makes it semi-synthetic.

Last edited:
These dumbass dealers don't even realize but if you got your hands on real #4 Heroin out on the east coast and started selling it over all these fentanyl dealers you could honestly and easily sell it $100 a gram, possibly even more. I know I'd pay $250 for a 3.5 g of real heroin over $250 for 10 grams of the street dope they got
Hmmm. Yep. You'd think if somebody was profit-driven enough to do illegal business in the first place, and not give a toss if the customer dies, they'd be profit-driven enough to provide what the customer WANTS. Supply & demand and all that.

Really weird situation because drugs should be tools used responsibly meaning any OD death victim is personally guilty. But the war on drugs has created conditions for fake exploitation. Selling the wrong product implies guilt of course. Then again this wouldn't happen without the drug laws.

Are people aware of lefetamine (SPA)? It's a drug with both opiate and stimulant (specifically DRI) activity? It was a major problem in Japan in the late 1940s and early 1950s. Evidently the Japanese took it for it's stimulant properties but it has both.

Then nortilidine & isonortilidine are both opioids with DRI activity. In this case it's more balanced but I have read reports of people taking them for opiate properties and for nootropic (stimulant) properties.

So the two actions are not mutually exclusive.

I would pay anything just to get real heroin. This trash they have now is played out.

Yea real pure heroin in this country went for over double that two decades ago.. This is why real heroin doesn’t exist anymore, the price tag is too much for most.

I still recall becoming curious in heroin, at that time oxycodone was everywhere. My friend said to me “it’s the most expensive drug you’ll ever try.” And while it’s not completely true, he wasn’t far off the mark. I remember people always scoffing at the price but never seemed upset after trying some. People can’t seem to grasp purity vs price.

-GC

Around here we get H about 50% pure. I guess it's enough for the customers - they seem to keep coming back. Pure diamorphine is actually considered less euphoric than brown, likely because brown smoking heroin has several opiate mixed in.

Around here we get H about 50% pure. I guess it's enough for the customers - they seem to keep coming back. Pure diamorphine is actually considered less euphoric than brown, likely because brown smoking heroin has several opiate mixed in.

I’ve heard the same thing about black tar heroin. Having tried the black tar version of other morphine esters, I prefer the pure.. The other alkaloids add sedation, additional pain relief but I think they detract from the euphoria. (I’m open to the poppy alkaloids profile of the plant material used being less than ideal compared to others.)

In fact I did street heroin for awhile, it wasn’t until I tried pure that it’s claws really dug in.

Don’t get me wrong, 50% heroin is not something most would scoff at.. But I just prefer pure. I like a product that I can reliably dose and know it’ll always be “X”mg.

-GC