Broccoli
Peas
Brussel sprouts
Sesame seeds
Bok choy
Almonds

satisfied?

You'd have to ask Clean_Cut

Me personally, I'm enjoying a very satisfying glass of organic milk %)

whole wheat pasta and whole wheat cereal are certainly NOT "fast carbs."

"fries" can be made healthily: I chop potatoes, drizzle with olive oil and seasoning, and bake them in the oven. They aren't as complex as whole wheat pasta, but they are perfect for after workout meals, when faster carbs are nice for speedy recovery.

How are those fries at all healthy? It's still cooked white potatoes, which are devoid of nutrition and act like pure sugar on your blood glucose and insulin.

Whole wheat cereal generates a high glycemic load just like almost every other cereal.

Pasta doesn't have to be whole wheat; it's processed in such a way that the human digestive system has a hard time digesting it and it's slow-release like oats. Cook it al dente for maximum healthiness.

How are those fries at all healthy? It's still cooked white potatoes, which are devoid of nutrition and act like pure sugar on your blood glucose and insulin.

Whole wheat cereal generates a high glycemic load just like almost every other cereal.

Pasta doesn't have to be whole wheat; it's processed in such a way that the human digestive system has a hard time digesting it and it's slow-release like oats. Cook it al dente for maximum healthiness.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2551/2
B6, Vitamin C, fiber, and carbs. I guess all these things are bad for you (or "devoid of nutrition").

And did you notice, I said post-workout? That spike in insulin works overtime for your muscles.

I guess if you eating whole wheat cereal with sugar drizzled and covered with sugar/hormone water (milk), I can see it being high GI.

Salmon
Tofu
Rhubarb
Sardines
Collard greens
Spinach
Turnip greens
Okra
White beans
Baked beans
Broccoli
Peas
Brussel sprouts
Sesame seeds
Bok choy
Almonds

satisfied?

Ill only be satisfied if you cite the sources for this.

my internets are slow. google "food sources calcium" or something around there.

probably the first 3 links have that list.

You're a little off on your facts here. First, milk contains natural hormones and (if you don't drink organic milk) it may also contain Bovine Growth Hormone (and thereby, IGF-1).

All milk has the natural androgen hormones that cows (and humans) produce. These are, in no way, unnatural for our bodies. You correctly said that there was a correlation between milk intake and acne, and we all know that correlation does not equal causation. I'm aware of the particular studies that showed these results, and in some of them consisted of surveys asking adults about how much milk they drank as children. There is NO hard evidence that milk products cause acne.

Bovine Growth Hormone may sound concerning, but it is important to point out that it is a protein hormone and as such is digested and destroyed in the digestive system. IGF-1 (increased by bovine growth hormone) is also destroyed in digestion. Even if ALL of the IGF-1 in dairy milk survived digestion and made it into the blood stream, the increase in the amount of IGF normally in human blood would not be significant. If this is still somehow concerning to anyone, you can solve the problem by purchasing organic milk instead.

Except for individuals with allergies/lactose intolerance, our bodies are perfectly able to handle milk.

Thanks for elaborating :)

my internets are slow. google "food sources calcium" or something around there.

probably the first 3 links have that list.

I was just messing with you because I was reading that article on About.com that had that exact list you gave while I was also on this thread. ;)

main thing IMO is just try to avoid processed foods, and artificial sweetener. if your gonna eat something sweet, it should have sugar in it.

I know people who do fitness competitions who eat 5 or 6 meals a day, it's just balanced. 4oz of protein, a cup of starchy carbs for some meals, 1-2 cups of fibrous carbs every meal.... that's basically what it boils down to. plus flaxseed oil for natural fats and oils.... try to avoid a lot of dairy and extra sugars... it's hard work eating right.

If you want to eat for fuel, try incorporating more fermented foods into your diet. The microorganisms essentially pre-digest the food, eliminating antinutrients like phytic acid (found in most grains and inhibits the absorption of essential minerals) and oxalic acid (found in greens like chard and spinach, interferes with calcium absorption). With dairy ferments (yoghurt, kefir), the lactose is converted into lactic acid which is easier for humans to digest. And similarly, with soybeans being made into miso, the complex proteins are broken down into more readily absorbed amino acids.

Most commercially-available fermented food has been pasteurized, which kills the beneficial microorganisms, so it's probably better to ferment your own food so you can consume it live. It's a fun time. :)

Does anyone know if there are any dangers associated with the stevia based calorie free sweeteners?

wow

The key is just to recognize what's actually food and what's not. Most of the shit you buy at restaurants and whatnot, is not real food. Its some other sort of crap that may or may not have been formulated from something that was once real food; its high in fat and salt, which tricks your body into thinking its satiated while its really starving for vital nutrients.

Variety is really the key to health. Always aim to eat a staggeringly wide variety of different types of fruits (fresh and dried), nuts, seeds (hemp seeds every day! with every meal and between snacks, I'm not kidding its one of the best things you can do for yourself), veggies, legumes, soy in moderation. Meat can be good in moderation, but not if its factory-farmed. Just be smart and listen attentively to your body-- do what makes you feel best. And drink yerba mate from time to time. :)

Oh, and one more thing. Avoid artificial sweeteners at ALL COST! They are poison, pure and simple. Any type of sweet "diet" drink is loaded with that toxic garbage. Aspartame, acesulfame potassium, saccharin, sucralose: there is no such thing as safe exposure to these chemicals, consuming them is ruinous to one's body and mind.

best advice i've seen on any forum..;)

main thing IMO is just try to avoid processed foods, and artificial sweetener. if your gonna eat something sweet, it should have sugar in it.

I know people who do fitness competitions who eat 5 or 6 meals a day, it's just balanced. 4oz of protein, a cup of starchy carbs for some meals, 1-2 cups of fibrous carbs every meal.... that's basically what it boils down to. plus flaxseed oil for natural fats and oils.... try to avoid a lot of dairy and extra sugars... it's hard work eating right.

Quoted for truth.

Unless your going for Mr Universe, I think the exorbitant first ideas of cutting out meat etc are over the top.