• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

8 years of Opiates, now 4 weeks since last dose. Finally! RLS sucks tho, ideas?

hotmoonsauce

Bluelighter
Been on Opiates for over 8 years around 220mg every day. Tapered over 6 months and my last dose was just under 4 weeks ago.

While I feel in the clear there is one symptom that will not friggin go away. The restless leg syndrome (RLS). It mostly affects me at night. Does this shit ever go away?!

I've tried:
Ativan, Lyrica, Weed, Clonidine, muscle relaxers, weighted blankets, soak tub, nothing seems to really help.

The VA just prescribed me Gabapentin 300mg which I just got today. I'm worried about it though from reading the other threads on this site. I really do not want to get dependant on yet another drug, anyone have any idea how long it takes to become dependent? Does Gaba even help? Any other ideas?

Thank you for reading...

It helped me. Not sure how long it takes to become dependent but you can certainly use it 5-7 days at dose indicated without a problem.

Also, have you tried pedialyte or other actual electrolyte drink?

It helped me. Not sure how long it takes to become dependent but you can certainly use it 5-7 days at dose indicated without a problem.

Also, have you tried pedialyte or other actual electrolyte drink?
Noo, haven't tried the drink thing. Maybe that's why I feel so low energy. My bowels haven't been happy since either.

Thanks for advice on the Gaba

Noo, haven't tried the drink thing. Maybe that's why I feel so low energy. My bowels haven't been happy since either.

Thanks for advice on the Gaba
Gaba will help u with every single symptom, just don't take it for more than a week.

Yes the gabapentin will help. You can definitely get hooked on it but this is less likely if you take it as prescribed. Plus, 300mg a day is a low/safe dose.

Have you tried magnesium? Magnesium is wonderful for the muscles. And potassium. In fact, electrolytes in general are great for muscles. But magnesium is especially good for relaxing the muscle fibres. You can take it as a daily supplement, you can get it in a cream that you rub in to your legs, and you can use epsom salts in your bath at night (epsom salts are magnesium sulfate). It will help you sleep too 👍👍👍