• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

58 days C/T off 160mg Opana

Outsider31

Bluelighter
Hey guys I just have a few questions and was hoping you could help. For a year and a half I was taking Opana ER orally. I started with 40 mg and the last 5 months of which I was up to 160mg per day. I basically stopped cold turkey in mid July which for 2 weeks I felt like I was in a living hell.

During the early stages of withdrawal I used some gabapentin and baclofen daily to help make the process more tolerable and it definitely helped. I'm currently only using the baclofen and gabapentin a couple times a week to help when the anxiety gets bad. My first question is, by using these meds am I hurting myself and the withdrawal process? I haven't used any opiods since July and don't plan on. I'm also never using the gabapentin and baclofen more than 2 days in a week (been doing it this way for the last month).

My second question is how long does the anxiety typically last? I'm going on 2 months off 160mg Opana taken orally. It is definitely better than the first 2 weeks but it still affects me and I never had any issues before I started opana.

Last question is how much longer can I expect the leg pain to last? I never had any issues before I started opana and it is better than the beginning of withdrawal because I'm not constantly moving them around anymore but I still have like a constant dull pain that never goes away, I would rate it at like a 3/4 on a 1-10 pain scale.

Thanks for your help!!

You're experiencing the lingering symptoms of your acute withdrawal (which you've already been though) and symptoms of post acute withdrawal.

Leg pain, restless legs, insomnia, GI discomfort, anxiety and depression will likely last for some time considering you came off the Opana C/T and didn't taper and were taking a high dose of the stuff.

How long exactly, no one can really tell you for sure, but the symptoms should be getting better week by week at this point. You shouldn't have to suffer for more than a month, two at the most. During that time you should see noticeable improvement. Try stuff like exercising and yoga to help with the leg pain and anxiety.

You are not hurting yourself by taking gabapentin and baclofen. In fact they are help you get through the leg pain and anxiety! I would suggest slowly lowering the doses you're taking, taking more consistent lower doses as opposed to the same high doses less frequently. But do what works for you.

I strongly suggest reducing and slowly restricting your doses, as slowly as possible, as opposed to just C/Ting the gabapentin and baclofen. This will help avoid any rebound anxiety and restless legs.