Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(5-MeO-DALT / 60mg) - 4th try - Mild euphoria

Jackeh

Bluelighter
Weight: 190lbs/86kg
Previous experience: cannabis, codeine, mephedrone, mushrooms, dextromethorphan, salvia, 5-fluoro derivate of JWH-122, azepan derivate of AM-2201, synthacaine RC blend, MDMA, Zopiclone, Prozac, alpha-Methyltryptamine and dimethocaine.

Mindset: Relatively stoned from smoking two joints about 20 minutes ago, one of the joints had a light amount of 5-MeO-DALT in it too. Also have a numb mouth and I'm a bit buzzed from a few lines of dimethocaine too. About 4 hours ago I had 3 glasses of wine and a can of cider. It's Christmas night, so I'm in a good mood and also excited as I'll be seeing a friend I haven't seen in a long time tomorrow night.
Setting: I'm in my bedroom, sitting in the dark with my laptop on my bed.

Dosage: 30mg +30mg of 5-MeO-DALT (oral dose - powder wrapped in a cigarette paper)

T = 23:30 = T+0:00 - I bomb 30mg of the powder and chase it with some water. I have previously tasted the powder and thought it had an extremely weak chemical smell, but nothing distinctive (IMO). On insufflation of the powder on a previous occasion, there was a weak burn - barely noticable. I begin to think of films I can download and watch during the experience. I pick project X. I think it could be fun to watch.

T+0:05 - Think I'm beginning to feel something, slightly tight feeling in my chest.

T+0:15 - I'm still not coming up much at all, but I am getting a bit of mild stomach discomfort. Listening to music while I wait for the film.

T+0:30 - Legs are getting extremely restless, want to get up and move around a bit. Little jolts of energy spontaneously going up my arms. Starting to come up more now.

T+0:40 - Feeling a bit euphoric, laptop screen is slightly pixellating and shifting, light creating weak patterns. Can't stop moving legs, feels so good. Seeing minor tracers from my hands typing. For some reason every time I've tried 5-MeO-DALT (as opposed to other psychedelics) I get a weird feeling in 2 toes on my left foot - this is happening now.

T+1:30 - Euphoric buzzing over body, weird stomatch sensation but not unpleasant.

T+2:05 - Film over. Was good, buzz subsiding. Feel hungry. I'm going to roll a joint, have another 30mg dose of 5-MeO-DALT and get some food.

T+2:30 - I'm back in room, stoned again. Feeling the 5-MeO-DALT kicking in, I had bombed another with a drink of coke.

T+3:00 - Still pretty stoned and coming up, there is tingling down my legs. Music sounds incredible.

T+3:10 - Vision waving around, things like laptop screen pulsing slowly as vision lightly twirls.

T+>3:10 - At this point I lay down to listen to some music I saw suggested by people in a thread on the Bluelight forum, I eventually fall asleep. In the morning no "hang over" is felt.

Conclusion: 5-MeO-DALT isn't exactly a strong psychedelic, the visuals weren't as strong as they are on AMT (if you have ever tried it). The reported dosages (about 20-30mg) don't seem to be enough (perhaps it is just the batch that I got). I feel like it can get much better if the dosage is increased (will try later). It did have a nice feeling though and a short duration, which would be a positive feature for some people. I will be trying a higher dose soon, I'm also going to try smoking it again tonight - I had previously smoked it in a cigarette. It resulted in a quicker come up but not as powerful and left an incredibly weird feeling in my hands with little shocks running through them. I'll write a more detailed smoking report some time soon as well.

Cool report man thanks for sharing. I'm pretty sure Ive never taken 5-MEO-DALT but I was given some as a sample by a trusted friend one time. It is possible that I had a very small finger dip of it at a party or a club but I dont have any real, concrete memory of ingesting this one. Im still interested, but I gave the sample I was given away to some other friends. At the time I was taking a much need break from psychedelics and didnt want a seemingly mild psych around to provide temptation.

It was weird, several years back I hung out among the high end, conscious, psycho-naughts in my social sphere, someone in the group obtained a very large amount of 5-MEO-DALT. Im not sure why they got so much, it was rumored a kilogram was floating around the scene spread out to different people. Im not sure if someone thought it was gonna blow up and be the next big thing or maybe a few people really, really enjoyed their sample batch and went back for a life time supply. I dont mention this to brag, as I was only friends with these folks, I was not part of their business.

As a result this stuff was everywhere for about 6 months, pretty soon just about anyone who heard of it had given the DALT state of mind a taste. Most people said it was somewhere between a mild mushroom trip with very minimal visuals and a moderate mushroom or 2C-C trip, with euphoria and some tracers but no deep mental or emotional components. However, people were being cautions at first and taking low doses and the initial audience was only accessible by people with lots of tripping knowledge and experience. Then one guy took a dose over 50 mg and started telling everyone that was where the magic started to happen. So people started to dose higher, the drug gained a reputation locally as a " mellow trip that could be controlled very easily, especially among experienced trippers. Additionally, it seemed to mix very well for most people with pretty much any other drugs. Times were good for our circle of drug users, casual trippers, hardcore psycho-naughts, and thrill seekers. The people holding the 5-Dalt as it became known and selling it were pretty generous with giving out free finger dips, dumps of powder in a drink, or just cutting you off a line with the warning that snorting this was an easy way to get overwhelmed. This was before the drug got more popular and the audience was still relatively small.

As you may now begin to infer people were starting to get careless and do things like give out or take large finger dips out of gram bags, this became so common that many people had never had their dose weighed out for them and were just taking dips, sometimes coming back several times in a night for more dips. It became popular for a few months for the "heads" to bring a vial of powder to an event and dump little piles in their beer or mixed drink. I guess the mild taste was covered by alcohol or mixed drinks and so people started to sip on 5 - MEO- DALT. A few very adventurous souls experimented with taking multiple small doses several times a day and repeating this for a few days and one explorer did a week where he increased his dose by 100% each day. People were snorting it of course even though I would always advise against it since at that time this chem was very, very new. It had pretty much only been on the RC scene for about five or six months at that point and there was still debate about what the best dose range and response curve were really like. After a while the excitement began to fade a bit, pretty much everyone had tried it. A small minority really liked 5-MeO DALT, and they took it often and tried to turn anyone on to it they could find who hadnt tried it yet.

About five months after the 5-DALT hit the local area and the local scenes there was a few people who found their own suppliers and tried to start to sell it themselves. However, they tried to "market" it to the Fraternity/Sorority crowd as XTC or MOlly and didnt tell people what it really was. After a while some people in the original crew found out and confronted the new comers. The new guys didnt want to give up their sales of 5-DALT and for a couple tense days there was talk of a raid or assault or rumble or something stupid. In the end, since everyone was a college student at the time no one really wanted to do any real fighting, just a lot of shit talking and posturing. The situation gradually fizzled out. The guys who introduced the 5-DALT just sold their stuff cheaper or gave it away for free and after a couple weeks the other dudes ran out of product and decided they were done trying to be drug dealers.

The last nail in the coffin of the Saga of 5-DALT and its brief time as the "new drug" in my college town goes something like this. One of my acquaintances in the community went with a bunch of my friends and many other people to the Burning Flipside Regional Burning Man Event located in Texas each spring. Anyway he decided to take a hefty dose of some very good LSD and then also take an unknown but very large amount of 5-DALT. He was fine for a while but eventually he became very agitated, distressed and was acting like he was about to lose it. He started to very loudly shout nonsense and glossolalia while lying in a hammock. The situation got out of control quickly and there were several people in the immediate area that were also tripping or rolling. He jumped up from the hammock and started clutching his chest and screaming at the top of his lungs " IM DYING" "HELP!!!" "IM DYING." No one could calm him down or talk him out of it and eventually the medical staff arrived and then an ambulance showed up and they had to detain him and take him to the hospital. He was not permanently damaged and was released from the hospital the next day. He was pretty embarrassed though, there were many of his friends and acquaintances there and he made an ass of himself in front of everyone.

Later when we found out that what happened to him was a massive 5-DALT overdose the popularity of the substance waned and eventually faded away. I imagine somewhere, someone still has a bunch.

Last edited:
It could of been a vendor giving out free samples that started it off. I received 1g 5-MeO-DALT, 100mg AMT and 1g of dimethocaine recently.

a dose over 50 mg and started telling everyone that was where the magic started to happen

I noticed this too but took it too far. I don't have scales I've been doing my best to determine dose from using the full gram and splitting it as best as I can (idiotic and dangerous, I know - but in my current situation I can't be found with scales lying around somewhere).

I went too far with 5-MeO-DALT on Christmas Eve (2 days ago) and ended up puking at 6am while the room waves and warped slightly around me. The visuals during this situation makes me believe a low mushroom dose would be an appropriate experience to liken it too.

Tried sniffing it several times and it didn't work, I suppose I have the freebase but either way there definitely isn't as much of a burn with this as some people were saying (and I'm not experienced with sniffing, only with mephedrone and some dimethocaine - the dimethocaine is a local anaesthetic and even it had more of a burn than this).