Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-Meo-aMT total #of deaths?

Gregorio888

Bluelighter
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a list (or can help compile a list) of how many people have died from 5-MeO-aMT? Really 3 lists, confirmed fatalities, suspected fatalities, and finally confirmed or close to confirmed #s of people who almost died from 5-MeO-aMT. The manner of death, such as it being misrepresented at aMT or LSD so the person accidentally OD's on the 5-MeO, or people who don't do their research/make one idiotic mistake and push it too far, or plain die from a normal dose due to their own personal chemistry should all be included. I've searched and I have only found random articles about 1 person here or there, and some of these reports may be duplicates.

I ask, because a vendor I mostly respect has added this to their catalogue (I have a couple other concerns with them I'll share with them by email.) But really my main concern is their addition of 5-MeO-aMT to their catalogue, since as far as I know none of their other offerings have ever resulted in a non-accident related fatality. While I believe drugs should virtually all be legal, at the moment they obviously aren't. With 5-MeO-aMT someone may have a "1mg accuracy" scale, that's slightly broken and could lead to an OD (and of course 1mg scales don't really exist until you buy super expensive scales that can measure to the 100 microgram level, at least, and even they could break.)

Anyways, I could have sworn that when aMT was scheduled in the USA there had already been 3 "I thought I was taking aMT" related 5-meo-amt deaths. But I can't find that info. And I'm sure there's been more since then unless my memory is really off. I just want info to back up an email I intend to send saying, basically, 1 mistake and their business is in the spotlight (and the RC scene in general perhaps.) Whether they accidentally mislabel the 5-MeO-aMT or not. It's a near given that people will sell it as LSD/not realize their (broken or not)"1mg" scales aren't accurate enough for accurate 5-MeO-aMT dose (without volumetric dosing at least.) The whole things seems like a "very risky" addition to their line up, from their business side, the RC scene in general, and much more importantly people are highly likely to die from it one way or another (I hope my memory is wrong and it's super safe, but I doubt it.)

So yeah, any back up info would be greatly appreciated so I can have more references/examples when I write my concerns.

Thanks everyone! Even if you disagree with my view of the above chemical, I intend to write the email hopefully within the next week - 2 weeks at most, I'd like you consider the risks to the RC community in general, and if you wish, open a separate debate thread, and while I'm pretty firm in my beliefs here, I am open to hearing why my concerns are wrong for whatever reason you believe.

(apologies for any grammar/spelling errors/ hypo hypo mania in the above. Im approaching 48 hours without sleep, and with one day of 13 hours of sleep in between I also never slept last Friday, decades of insomnia are soooo fun, ugh. That said if you're concerned, I do intend to write the letter, but I won't write my letter until I have better info, and I get at least 3 days of semi normal sleep in row so I don't sound like a raving idiot, lol, peace y'all)

Hey thanks for your concern. Personally I was excited when I saw they had it, as I only had a chance to try it a few times way back in the day and I remember it being an interesting drug, very potent, and much more highly psychedelic than AMT, but with a bigger bodyload. IMO, there's no more cause for concern than there is for people selling DOC powder, which has been going on for many years. 5-MeO-AMT was the original LSD adulterant, but only because it was the first available RC that could fit on a blotter. At the time, real LSD was very expensive and much more difficult to find. Also, no one knew yet about the rule "if it's bitter, it's a spitter" (5-MeO-AMT is very bitter). They stopped using 5-MeO-AMT to adulterate blotters when DOC/DOI/DOB became available, as the latter drugs are more well-tolerated, though I do not believe they are substantially safer as overdoses can lead to serious complications from vasoconstriction. Still, they (especially DOC) were used heavily as blotter adulterants for years, too, and 5-MeO-AMT basically disappeared. Then NBOMes came out which are truly dangerous and much cheaper and that became somewhat of an epidemic.

But with NBOMes being banned, along with the concurrent availability of FAR cheaper and more plentiful real LSD, the blotter adulterant problem is mostly a thing of the past (though I'm sure someone is still doing it somewhere). Thing is, DOC is still easily available for pretty cheap, and it's not causing a problem anymore. And DOC is a nice drug, in fact it's one of my favorites, on par with LSD, so I'm thankful it's available. I have never heard of a vendor getting targeted for having DOC, or of DOC hurting the RC scene by being available. I believe it's the same with 5-MeO-AMT in this instance. I'm glad it's available because I want to try it again, it's a good drug that can be dangerous in overdose, like some others (DOC is also dangerous to use without volumetric dosing). And because of the NBOMe phase, people are better equipped to understand that real LSD should be tasteless. Also, dealers looking to sell large amounts of blotter, at this point, can find real LSD that is price competitive or cheaper than buying enough 5-MeO-AMT to make the same number of doses. So the motivation to lay fake blotters is not there anymore. This is why you hardly ever see DOC being passed off as LSD anymore, even though it's still readily available.

Anyway I don't have the stats for the information you're requesting, I would be curious to know though, if someone does. But I do not believe this is the problem you're thinking it is.

Hey, thanks for the response. Sorry for taking so long to getting back to this thread, as I mentioned in my opener I was very sleep deprived, and I tend to get manic when that happens, no stims needed (in fact I hate stims as a chronic insomniac,) and I've been very busy these last few weeks.

I've been going back and forth in my head about this too, as it's certainly not nearly as dangerous as the 25x-nbomes, and really I think people should be able to do what they want, as long as they aren't disingenuous about what they're selling and its risks. That said, I read about one USA death from someone who thought they were taking LSD blotters, but was actually 5-MeO-AMT (from a few years ago,) which just reminded me of the whole 25X problem. Though 25X is certainly more dangerous for jackasses who sell a potent, potentially fatal in relatively minor overdose, RC as a mainstream drug, I was kind of worried about a smaller version of that occurring.

You're certainly right that DOX drugs present a similar risk and haven't caused the same problems. I guess my concern was more that this 5AMT was from a clearnet vendor, and (as far as I know, which I'm sure is not everything,) I haven't seen other chemicals that could be mislabeled as LSD and present any sort of acute toxic risk from that particular country, on the clearnet.

Either way, the vendor is no longer listing it on their site, so either they sold out fast, and if so I hope you got your taste : ) or they've taken it down on their own. I agree, I was probably overly worried about the danger it presents with regard to mislabeling when selling to users. When I saw it I was one, extremely tired, and two, had flashbacks to when 2 (3?) teens/young adults died from "LSD" (according the media) with all of their friends having to be hospitalized. I was in a pharmacology class at the time and I remember having to stand up and explain to the class (and I think even the teacher, I'm not sure about her knowledge of the acute toxicity safety of LSD,) that the chance of 2 or 3 people dying form an acute LSD overdose was ZERO, and that the blotters they took would almost certainly be a RC, probably 25I, which of course a month later when that was discovered it was 25I it wasn't front page news anymore : /

Anyway, thanks for the reply, I agree I was jumping to conclusions too fast, and I never did email the vendor, nor does it seem like I need to (if I was still planning to.) I just don't want a 25I sold as LSD situation to occur again, as it's bad news across the board, especially to the victims and their families, but also to the RC scene in general. I think banning NBOME's might be the only psychedelics I've ever actually agreed with making illegal. Though if I was dictator, I'd have recreational drugs all legal but regulated, made to be pharmaceutical grade, and require a purchaser to pass a licensing exam (like a driver's license test but a bit more rigorous,) require different ages depending on the drug/class of drug, and have different chemicals require different degrees of an advanced "license." That way allowing freedom for the people, once educated, safety so you know 100% it is you're buying, saving a lot of lives from fluctuating purities such as in heroin, and getting rid of a huge source of income for the cartels.

Anyway thanks, I'd still be interested in the full stats regarding 5AMT deaths, or any of the psychedelic RCs for that matter. Though I'm certainly not expecting anyone to do that for me, and the DEA would just twist it to their own purpose anyway, lol. (I just did a quick google search and the CDC/DEA are claiming 94 KRATOM DEATHS! (over the last 15 years or so,) OMG! 94 deaths would still make it BY extraordinary amounts the safest opiod known ever. And they admitted that in over half of the "kratom" deaths, the person also had fentanyl in their system, and in only 7 cases was Kratom the only drug found, though expansive testing wasn't done in those cases. And of course, people do die unexpectedly, it'd be more unusual if no one had ever died on Kratom, considering it doesn't cure you from having an aneurysm or anything like that. Bleh, end rant

Thanks again Xorkoth, peace

No problem. :) That's a bummer they took it down but on the other hand my collection is probably too large anyway. 8) It's probably for the best, as 5-MeO-AMT isn't the safest drug around.