View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MEO , 4-ACO and NN- DMT simmilarities and differences

phatass

Bluelighter
Mainly to those who have tried all three 4-ACO-DMT, 5-MEO-DMT and nn-DMT, how do they compare to eachother, simmilarities, differences etc.???

N,N-DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are both very intense, short duration (just a few minutes) trips, while 4-AcO-DMT is a prodrug of 4-HO-DMT (psilocin), so very Mushroom-like.

Did you check the big threads about all three substances here, and the Erowid vaults already? Your question can easily be answered with a quick search, seriously!

@Roi I agree with you, from experience, and reading...

However that's what i was arguing in the "IV NBOME" thread that got derailed, but "Xororth"(PD moderator) who usually knows his stuff dissagreed with me, as did another member, so i thought i'd open a thread specific to the subject to stop derailing the IV nbome thread, and set things straight!

edit: @ tacodude, i saw the thread, just a question of bad timing i guess i think the argumnt startd in th "IV nbome" thread, and spread to the "DMT" thread you linked after... 3 times the same argument/disscution in 3 different threads lol....

BL'ers, bunch of unorganised druggies LOL j/k ;)

Last edited:
N,N-DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are both very intense, short duration (just a few minutes) trips, while 4-AcO-DMT is a prodrug of 4-HO-DMT (psilocin), so very Mushroom-like.

Did you check the big threads about all three substances here, and the Erowid vaults already? Your question can easily be answered with a quick search, seriously!

That is a theory and has never been substantiated, from an anecdotal point of view 4-aco-dmt feels quite a bit different than mushrooms but SO SIMILAR at the same time.
There are a lot of similarities but enough differences for me to believe that if the prodrug theory is true, then there must be some sort of alternate activity as well besides the supposedly created psilocin.

phatass I agree 100%

Also toast I get your point, but in all logic that is what would most likely happen unless it somehow just became DMT without a 4 attachment... although my chemistry knowledge is not advance enough to understand what that would take. I just say don't rule out that it is a prodrug just because it may have more effect on its own rather than just through the action after conversion.

Hydroxyls are not reduced by human body, if anything happens to them, they're conjugated and very rarely methylated. 4-AcO-DMT may simply be active on its own to some extent, but I suspect that minor quantities of tryptamines other than psilocin and psilocybin may also come into play in case of mushrooms.

Has anyone else here tried 5-MeO-DMT orally? People always state that it's not orally active, but I can say with absolute certainty that it is orally active in the right dose. Years ago (about 2008 ) my roommates and I acquired a decent quantity of "Ecstasy" pills in which 5-MeO-DMT was the only active chemical. If you check ecstasydata.org, you'll see the exact pill I'm talking about. Unfortunately they don't list how many milligrams of the chemical were actually present.

Orally, 5-MeO-DMT was very interesting. Duration was about what I would expect from mushrooms. My roommates and I described the experience as "Shroomy Acid". It definitely had a tryptamine feel to it but rather more "dreamy" than mushrooms, more like the headspace of LSD. Visually it really looked like a cross between the two, though with the visuals being a bit more organic than LSD. There was also a great degree of "warping", I recall trying to relieve myself but the toilet kept twisting and moving.

That is a theory and has never been substantiated, from an anecdotal point of view 4-aco-dmt feels quite a bit different than mushrooms but SO SIMILAR at the same time.
There are a lot of similarities but enough differences for me to believe that if the prodrug theory is true, then there must be some sort of alternate activity as well besides the supposedly created psilocin.

This is my opinion as well. I'm not saying 4-AcO-DMT is not a prodrug (I mean it "degrades" to 4-HO-DMT after a time, I use quotation marks because I like 4-HO-DMT MUCH more than 4-AcO-DMT, totally different drugs for me), but if it is, it must also have its own action. My theory is that it does convert to 4-HO-DMT in the body, but at a rate dependent on some number of metabolic factors. So for some it may get nearly completely converted before crossing the BBB, and for others, it may mostly reach the BBB unchanged. I believe I am in the latter group, but a lot of people on here are as well. I find 4-AcO-DMT to last at least a full hour shorter than 4-HO-DMT, and to me it feels like smoked DMT taken orally, reaching a lower peak and stretching over a longer timespan. Even the physical feeling and ear ringing is the same, and the visuals are the same style, as opposed to 4-HO-DMT which is much more earthy and mushroom-like (but again, not identical to mushrooms).

5-MeO-DMT is reported to be quite diferent from nn-DMT, but of course there will be similarities. I haven't tried it though so I can't comment.

I am actually the opposite, 4-aco-dmt lasts at least two hours longer than 4-ho-dmt for me, as well it MUST not just have prodrug action because a friend of mine came up in 15 minutes after a 20mg oral dose and spent a couple hours in hyperspace but she has no odd reactions of the like with mushrooms.

4-aco-dmt to me is like, when high-dose mushrooms feels like DMT. It also feels like what Ayahuasca should be, but isn't for me for some reason.